Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Server: The Seventh Hammer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Changes to the AA window

Coming soon to the test server...

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=111919

Nodyin-Dev

In the next few days we will be putting a new version of the AA window on the Test Server for you guys to check out and play with. We have spent some time trying to streamline the look and functionality of the AA window to cut down on the number of confusing tabs in the window and to make it easier to find the information or AA you are looking for. Below is a summary of the changes.

Reduced the tabs to 3 - General, Archtype, Class
Added new information to each AA including an Expansion and/or a Category for the AA (Such as Luclin or Veteran Reward)
The column headings can be clicked to sort the AAs in alphabetical order by that column. So you can click on the title, the cost, the expansion, etc to see the AAs sorted by that column.
Several filters exists including: Can Purchase (The AAs you qualify to purchase based on level and prerequisites), Expansion and Category
We hope that this will make the AA system easier to use and it will definitely make it easier for us to upgrade and add AAs in the future.

Brighid741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 03:58 PM   #2
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

Yeah, that blows, lol. I much prefer it separated in tabs by expansion like it is now.

I surely don't wanna have to scroll down a foot-long list to find the 1 or 2 AA's I still feel like training.

That, and I'll have to rework the damned thing anyway so it doesn't break my UI, most likely.
Wymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Damn, I made the mistake of clicking the link then browsing through the Vets lounge.

every time I read the Sony boards I want to quit EQ...

Cant say I am excited about the aa window, but its possible that it may be well designed.

I agree a foot long list of aa would suck, but if they give us drop downs for tiered aa that would be really grand.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Every time I read the EQ boards I want to bludgeon all other EQ players.

This change should be good for UI mods of the AA window though; not adding a new tab each expansion should mean the window will get patched less frequently so mods to the window won't be as bad of a decision.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:18 AM   #5
Neebat
A Gray Wolf

I feel pretty positive about the changes. They provoked me to go update my own version of the AA window at least. Hopefully I'll be able to make a similar mod for the new one. (Or they'll take a hint and rearrange the layout so it can scale.)
Neebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
Lainiea
Premium Member

Three tabs to hold all 13 expansions of AAs, ( even tho not all expansions had AAs) is more then a bit much.
I fear it will clutter up the screen, AND, those of us who use custom UIs have to wait patiently while our designers update them for us.
Level 85 Enchanter
Lainiea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
Destil02
A Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainiea
Three tabs to hold all 13 expansions of AAs, ( even tho not all expansions had AAs) is more then a bit much.
I fear it will clutter up the screen, AND, those of us who use custom UIs have to wait patiently while our designers update them for us.

Hopefully they streamlined them, so that all of the one's in a given line are on one line...
Otherwise this will be way too unweildly
Destil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #8
danedori
A Fire Beetle

It said in the post that there will be drop down menus that will allow you to show AA's by certain categories. On of those is by expansion. So basically, you get exactly the same functionality as before, but now you select it out of a drop down menu instead of a tab. But you get more, because now you have different criteria you can filter by.

Danedori
danedori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:41 PM   #9
Wymp
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haliken
Every time I read the EQ boards I want to bludgeon all other EQ players.

This change should be good for UI mods of the AA window though; not adding a new tab each expansion should mean the window will get patched less frequently so mods to the window won't be as bad of a decision.

Enok

Updating the AA Window with new tabs is easy enough to do when necessary.

My main issue with this change is that it's gonna mean even more hard-coded information that we cannot move to suit our needs/wants.

It's just another change that forces us to do things their way. That is what I am dreading.

Edit -- danedori: I believe Nodyin posted somewhere on the EQ Forums that the drop-down functionality won't go in with the new window at first. All this is, really, is just a pointless (for us) change that makes it easier for him to screw up AA's, heh.
Wymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #10
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

Screenshots up of the new UI changes that are on test including the new AA window

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=112970
Old 06-08-2007, 06:42 PM   #11
Sadenaig
A Hill Giant

I checked out the new AA window last night. For those worried about having all the AAs in a list, it is not that bad. They have consolidated many of the AAs into ranks of the same AAs. For example, instead of e or 4 tiers of of 3 ranks of AAs for Healing gift there is now one tier with either 9 or 12 (can't remember how many off the top of my head). In my opinion, the new window is easier to track the AAs than the previous windows. Also, you can sort the AAs by column, and you can filter to only see Vet Rewards, Expendables, etc and can filter by expansion.
Sadenaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #12
Starshelle
A Druid not a "Dr00d"

Server: Innoruuk

I think the changes look great. You can still sort by expansion, and use the filter to help locate what you want to find faster. EverQuest will probably be getting more AAs and more expansions in the future. It was really starting to become cluttered and confusing, so this overhaul is definitely good for the long term.
Starshelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 PM   #13
Parasite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: The Nameless (Innoruuk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighid741
We hope that this will make the AA system easier to use and it will definitely make it easier for us to upgrade and add AAs in the future.

If those changes finally get rid of the instance issue with the Touch of the Cursed SK AA line, I am all for this change!
I like the Item layout window too, but I guess this will mean a lot of more Label IDs.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:03 PM   #14
Brighid741
A Tempest Toad

You can also filter by only the AA's that you can buy - so you don't have to look at the lines you have already maxed out - that in itself will take a lot out of the window for people who are close to max AA.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:19 AM   #15
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

i'm sad that it seems that they've just tossed the names of the 'advanced' tiers of aas - i know it's not a big deal, but it does make some flavor be lost.
can't think it would be that hard to make the 'displayed' name change whenever you hit the new tier - i would presume the 'expansion' display changes, so . . .
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote