Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
aalwein
A Treant

Default putting AA timers in main windows

is there a way to put AA timers (for instance, Dire Charm) into a main screen (like the actions window)? If so, what code would i be using.
aalwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
Dracborne
A Fire Beetle

Server: Rodcet Nife / Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Dracborne Send a message via AIM to Dracborne Send a message via Yahoo to Dracborne

I was going to attempt to embed Arista's timers, located here http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/timer.asp, into one of the main windows a few weeks ago but RL intervened and I've not had the free time to mess with the XML.

I currently have the timers in the friends window but you have to bring it back up each time you zone.

Dracborne
Dracborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 05:48 PM   #3
aalwein
A Treant

i'm referring to the built in timers in the AA window. For triggered AAs. There is a built in timer there that tells you how long until your AA ability is ready to be triggered again. I was looking for the code to copy this timer into another window.
aalwein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 10:01 PM   #4
Qool
A Treant

Server: Emarr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

This is a good idea. I'd like to know if you can figure it out. I will look too.

As for the timers from horizons, the longer the timer, the bigger the file. That sucks and I try to avoid it. Smaller is better. I know you can make a 3 hour timer... but damn.

Another problem there is people have different amount of times for each AA skill. For example gather mana is X amount of time, but with more AA you can cut that time down. So the external timer would be inaccurate.

Q
Qool is offline   Reply With Quote