Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > General UI Talk
User Name
Password

Old 04-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #1
Kaxarog_K
A Fire Beetle

Default New UI Classic Buttons?

Hi there, I have seen an interface with the new ui but with the classics tan buttons. Has anyone else seen this for download, if so can someone link, i couldnt find it. (They'd need to be fade able)
Kaxarog_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #2
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

All UI pieces are fadeable

here is a link to the classic hot buttons
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4609

the grey color from windows_pieces06.tga file. That file has the ooc icons added to it in the new UI, I dont know if there is a set of new UI compliant tga files with the old ui graphics or not. I would suggest digging arround in the UI pieces area and the misc area.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #3
Kaxarog_K
A Fire Beetle

Default hmm

thanks for the help that is a cool patch, but i was refering to the the old old classic interface I have seen the completely new ui with brown buttons like when eq was first bought out.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

i'm thinking what he wants are the window pieces to change the color, not the actual xml files for windows.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:18 PM   #5
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaxarog_K
thanks for the help that is a cool patch, but i was refering to the the old old classic interface I have seen the completely new ui with brown buttons like when eq was first bought out.

Like way back in 1999? look in the Comeplete UI area, there are 2 authors making them, oneis called oldschool or something and I forget the other one, one has several skin variations.

If you mean the old_Default, that is once again in the comeplete UI area in the funstional area.

As I said earlier, the button images come from wimdows_pieces06.tga which has been updated to have the ooc icons. you can copy that tga file out of the old_default file, but you will lose the ooc icon, look arround a bit and maybe you can find a set of tga files on this site that have been updated with the ooc icon.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:26 PM   #6
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

I made a fast mod to the tga file, this will give you old_default UI buttons, but the backgrounds for any inventory item you place in them will have the current UI skin, so they wont match.
Attached Files
File Type: zip window_pieces06.zip (67.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 04-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

This will give you the matching old_default background for yuor hotbuttons, but it will also give the same background to your inventory, so you may not want to use it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip window_pieces02.zip (82.9 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-29-2007, 07:00 AM   #8
Kaxarog_K
A Fire Beetle

Default here

I will try that if i copy the new ui folder rename it and then replace the button files with those ones you posted that way I can switch back right?

I'm new to all this and don't get the lingo.

The picture ive attached is kinda what i was after for the record.

Thanks for all the help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg example.jpg (104.8 KB, 48 views)
Old 04-29-2007, 08:35 AM   #9
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Ahhh, those buttons come from classic EQ UI. That actualy looks like a very old mod of some kind, like its making a transition from classic to default_old UI.

Hopefuly someone arround here will have the tga files you need, or even if someone has older broken ones that worked in 2004 or so, ill update them for you.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:58 PM   #10
Xeraxis
A Gray Wolf

Server: Druzzil Ro

If I recall that was the Velious UI andthose buttons were hard coded and not customizable. The only way someone would be able to recreate that look is to capture an image of the screen, and place each button into it's corresponding .tga file.
Xeraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:36 AM   #11
alacres
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaxarog_K
I will try that if i copy the new ui folder rename it and then replace the button files with those ones you posted that way I can switch back right?

I'm new to all this and don't get the lingo.

The picture ive attached is kinda what i was after for the record.

Thanks for all the help

!!!!!!! That is exactly what I've been looking for in the ways of a UI. I never had a chance to use the velious version but after seeing it in vids and in pics, I fell in love with it.

I have no idea what's required to create a custom interface, but would it really be that hard to do a remake of the velious version? It seems to have a pretty simple look compared to many of the other interfaces on this site.

It has the simplicity and appeal that I've been searching for, and I'd love to get the chance to try it out for myself someday.

Please let me know if any of you know where to find a UI somewhat similar to this one.
alacres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #12
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacres
!!!!!!! That is exactly what I've been looking for in the ways of a UI. I never had a chance to use the velious version but after seeing it in vids and in pics, I fell in love with it.

I have no idea what's required to create a custom interface, but would it really be that hard to do a remake of the velious version? It seems to have a pretty simple look compared to many of the other interfaces on this site.

It has the simplicity and appeal that I've been searching for, and I'd love to get the chance to try it out for myself someday.

Please let me know if any of you know where to find a UI somewhat similar to this one.

If you are really interested all you need is a text/xml editor. I suggest Visual Web Developer Express (free at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/downloads/). And if your looking to create images, like creating velious ui would require, you would need a paint program of some sort that supports alpha layers, thegimp.org is a free one comparable to adobe photoshop.

After that just dig through the xml file in a text/xml editor, read the AboutSIDL.doc in default directory, take a look at SIDL.xml and study it. Then work on small easy stuff at first like adding a gauge here n there, a label, button, until you grasp the xml structure enough to actually do something with it.

It really isn't all that hard, xml is a simple high-level markup language, and most of the eq control properties in the xml files are very straightforward and aptly named.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #13
alacres
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillingworth
If you are really interested all you need is a text/xml editor. I suggest Visual Web Developer Express (free at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/downloads/). And if your looking to create images, like creating velious ui would require, you would need a paint program of some sort that supports alpha layers, thegimp.org is a free one comparable to adobe photoshop.

After that just dig through the xml file in a text/xml editor, read the AboutSIDL.doc in default directory, take a look at SIDL.xml and study it. Then work on small easy stuff at first like adding a gauge here n there, a label, button, until you grasp the xml structure enough to actually do something with it.

It really isn't all that hard, xml is a simple high-level markup language, and most of the eq control properties in the xml files are very straightforward and aptly named.

I'm extremely interested in this, but I'm very comp illiterate I'm afraid =/. I'd most likely get stuck right from the start. I think I'll give it a go though just to see what I can do, but I'm not looking forward to the end result.

I had read about someone remaking this UI back when the progression servers came out, and I thought maybe I could salvage it somewhat and try to make it compatible to the current version. I just wish I knew more about stuff like this =P.

Thanks for the links and info =), feel free to add anything else you can think of on the subject ^^. As it stands now, I need all the help I can get.
alacres is offline   Reply With Quote