Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 10-23-2002, 06:53 PM   #121
Jahari Durden
A Tundra Mammoth

If you download Kao's update it works with PoP, and if you've read the FAQ, you wouldn't try to load this skin with /loadui, because it's clearly stated there that that won't work.
Old 10-23-2002, 08:50 PM   #122
Skunki
A Gray Wolf

nm=p

Last edited by Skunki : 10-23-2002 at 09:02 PM.
Old 10-23-2002, 09:13 PM   #123
Dragoness
A Gray Wolf

Default Re: a few tweaks

Quote:
Originally posted by talynskael
i'm using the tking buff icons, tking's latest inventory, Celtic, it goes nice with the overall feel of KaoUI, i've got the latest Pet Window, so your friends window works great for those that use it, and currently i'm still playing around with the caster version of this mod, i'll put that up here so you can see the diff (i'll have both a bar cast window, and the arcane orb included)

Nice tweaks!! I love the new celtic inventory, and you're right, it does mesh beautifully with KaoUI. I can't wait to see a caster version!
Old 10-24-2002, 02:22 AM   #124
Iilea
A Bat

I am using 800x600 resolution, do you think i am able to use this UI? I like this UI a lot, but i don't know if my resolution is able to take this UI.
Old 10-24-2002, 11:26 AM   #125
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I loaded this one just to take a look at it, and I might end up using it for my druid. It's beautiful! REALLY nice!

Any plans to fix the friends window though? Kao said something in the description about friends window not being compatible with tabs, which means it hasn't been touched in a few weeks. Friends has tabs now, and extra buttons, so it's throwing errors for me. I could fix it, but if it's been done by Kao I'd like that one

Also, someone mentioned there's a PoP patch for this UI... I didn't see it. Is it somewhere in this thread? Honestly I haven't gone through all four pages of the thread...

Thanks!

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Old 10-24-2002, 01:22 PM   #126
Randy
A Ghoul

Default Problem with Cairenn UI

Hi Cairenn and Kao,

First of all, thanks for the UI you provided to us, I think this is the best around.

But since the 21st of October patch, I fail to load the Cairenn UI. So Cairenn, my request is pretty simple: can you post ALL your UI in a .zip format so I can download it please ? I get lost with all the updates and problems with Kao/Cairenn UI. And can you please put the Tking arrow pointer already installed please, I got an headache last night when I tried to install many pointers on my UI, and it failed everytime. Thanks

Sincerely,

~Randy

P.S. I think the UI is really perfect, except for one thing: the Nature's Defender pointer is just too big... You should put a "ready-to-download version" of your UI with a smaller pointer, Kaori. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited by Randy : 10-24-2002 at 01:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:06 PM   #127
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Cairenn,

Thank you thank you! I run at 1024x768 too... this will be perfect for me! I'll find the update and grab it...

Thanks again, really beautiful work!
Old 10-24-2002, 04:16 PM   #128
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

FOUR pages did I say? I must have been blinded for a sec...

ELEVEN pages in the thread! LOL

I think I got it all... thanks again!
Old 10-24-2002, 05:32 PM   #129
violator
A Bat

This thread desperately needs to be restarted and a new post with the COMPLETE ZIP file. Since PoP this UI also boots you to desktop regularly

Lock this thread or delete it and start it again as it is just a complete mess right now for a great UI
Old 10-24-2002, 06:09 PM   #130
Skunki
A Gray Wolf

nods i agree, its confusing a little, totally messed up my stuff last night trying to get v3.0 to work with the raid window, and now i guess i cant until kao makes an update and im not even sure if kao has, i know cairren(sp? sorry for not spelling right) has a different version =p. i tried following all the instructions posted on the various posts the on the past 5 pages or so and tried many combos and it wont load or causes errors =/ so i only say this to ward off the people who will tell me to read the thread(i have hehe).

However, I greatly appreciate the hard effort put into making these mods available to us and i do realize you dont need to do this for us at all. Thank you again for your hard work! please dont look at this as a complaint, but as someone who loves your mods and would love to be able to utilize it

Last edited by Skunki : 10-24-2002 at 06:23 PM.
Old 10-24-2002, 06:39 PM   #131
Jez-Xegony
A Fire Beetle

I've been getting booted to desktop also. I absolutly love the mod but had to go back to default because I was getting kicked so often and hard to raid with that happening.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:55 PM   #132
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

*** UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE ***

As always, posted shrunk to 800x600, click image for 1024x768 view.

Since there seem to have been so many problems with my mod ...

IF you are using my smaller mods of this UI:

1) Make a new subfolder within your custom folder, named anything you want.
2) Move ALL .xml files in your custom folder into it.
3) Download the attached zip file and extract into your custom folder.
4) Any other custom files (example a timer mod, map mod, etc) you had and want included, move back out of the subfolder you created in step 1 back into the custom folder.

There are two additional subfolders:

One is the ActionWindows folder. In it, you will find the EQUI_ActionWindow_CLASS.xml files for each class. Pick yours, rename it EQUI_ActionWindow.xml (take off the _CLASS part). Copy it into your custom directory.

The other additonal subfolder has two optional files in it. One is a Small Compass that is *just* the compass, without the long bar that has all the stats and whatnot on it. The second is a smaller Player & Group combo Window that does NOT include the stamina/casting, exp and aaexp bars.

This download does NOT include any .tga files other than those which are absolutely necessary for this to work. No spellbook, spellcastingbar or buff icons. No backgrounds. No custom spell book. It does, however, include a T.King Inventory, as that is required for the inventory tabs I have on the two tabbed windows (any T.King inventory can be subsituted for the one I've included).
Attached Files
File Type: zip kaocair21oct02.zip (747.1 KB, 428 views)

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Old 10-24-2002, 10:14 PM   #133
Kaori
A Hill Giant

I've been using v3.1 with the new raid system etc.. no problems at all. Will be released on saturday
Old 10-25-2002, 02:43 PM   #134
Comos
A Snow Cougar

ok tried the latest DL and it does not have sub folders as you said it should it just keeps over writen all the dis action windows and the compas. also cant find the dif spell windows or the dif hot buttons or dif cast windows

am i not getting all the options here ?? if not were do i go to get the dif options so i can get what i want to try ??

Comos
Old 10-25-2002, 03:57 PM   #135
Vilander
A Gray Wolf

Server: Bertox
Send a message via AIM to Vilander
Default .

First off, I’d like to say thank you to Kaori and Cairenn for creating the greatest UI Skin I have yet to see!! Fantastic job!!

I read that you will be releasing a version 3.1 on Saturday (tomorrow) and just wondered which problems exactly this updated version will address, as I am having a few minor problems with the skin myself.

The first problem I am having – and have had this for a while now – is that on zoning I get the “your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest XML files blah blah blah…..” message, strangely enough all the windows do continue to work just fine and it does not automatically load the default UI. Nevertheless, there seems to be a problem somewhere.

The only other visible problems that I have is on raids, I crash straight to desktop frequently once I accept a raid invites, so right now I solo to avoid this problem, but obviously this is not ideal. I understand that the raid XML files must be copied over to the custon UI folder, but I don’t know which files these are. Also of interest, I think about a week ago I made alterations to the Annimation.XML file as instructed.

Anyway, looking forward to version 3.1, hopefully one simple zip file will address my problems, also is there any chance you could start a new thread when it is released titled “Kaori v3.1 Released” or words to that effect? This post is rather cluttered and slightly confusing now hehe.

Vil