Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:32 AM   #17
ArcLite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: X
Default Re: EQIM and Trillian

Quote:
Originally posted by mortis42
I'd like to see a EQIM plugin for Trillian Pro.
I stopped using it because it created to many windows for my liking to use. If it was integrated into Trillian that would be cool.

SURPRISE!
ArcLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:33 AM   #18
ArcLite
A Crystal Gargoyle

Server: X

Wow we posted that almost at the same time. lol

You win though Angahran.
ArcLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:42 AM   #19
Angahran
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default *grin*

Thats the way I like it :P

Would be nice to get a response from SoE saying they won't ban you for using this, especially since they arn't supporting EQIM anymore.
Angahran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:41 AM   #20
Togras
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Ayonae Ro

I don't seem the harm. It isn't directly changing your game experience (i.e. it isn't a hack), so why not?
Old 12-24-2003, 03:52 PM   #21
mortis42
eqmods.mortis42.net

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via ICQ to mortis42 Send a message via AIM to mortis42 Send a message via MSN to mortis42 Send a message via Yahoo to mortis42
Default TEQIM

You know I never made it back to this thread, and didn't see your replies about TEQIM.

I just happened upon it today, and decided to come back and look if anyone had posted about it.

I think that SOE will never allow this as long as they require you to click the I accept to log into EQIM, unless TEQIM can incorporate this into the login for the plugin.

I have too many years invested into EQ to risk my account being banned just for this convienance.

I hope that something can be resovlved between the TEQIM developers and SOE.

Thanks for the info.
mortis42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 06:59 PM   #22
Athalakos
A Bat

Default EQIM problem of my own

I don't know what the deal is, but I can't even get my EQIM to log in. All other Station software including the website sees my login just fine, but then when I try to use EQIM it tells me "invalid login"...is there any light someone can shed on this? Sony has so far been VERY unhelpful, and I think it's an account problem on their end, not a problem with EQIM. They just won't get off their money stacked arses and do anything about it because it's not officially supported. Never mind that a paying customer is having a problem with a feature they offer...
Athalakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 07:21 AM   #23
Anatis
A Treant

Server: Not tellin :)

I use Teqim daily on Trillian Pro, absolutely no problem.
And Sony abandoned EQIM so don't be surprised if you get no help from there.

BTW it could be that you hit the server when it was congested. Sometimes happens to me.
Anatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:36 PM   #24
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anatis
I use Teqim daily on Trillian Pro.

If you get caught using that, they might react to it .... in a not so good way
It violates SoE's TOS.

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:44 PM   #25
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qinadwen
If you get caught using that, they might react to it .... in a not so good way
It violates SoE's TOS.

Actually it doesnt, the trillian plugin seems to fall into a grey area. Since EQIM is no longer supported, but the coding is out there for it, it seems that SOE may treat this as one of those grey things.

I use the EQIM pluggin for trillian, and I have mentioned that I use it to SOE people (even sent the link the file to one person) and so far none of them have warned me off using it.

Soooo while its still "use at your own risk" I know SOE isnt actively hunting EQIM users (hehehe)..

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #26
Kaliaila
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Tunare
Send a message via ICQ to Kaliaila Send a message via AIM to Kaliaila Send a message via Yahoo to Kaliaila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athalakos
I don't know what the deal is, but I can't even get my EQIM to log in. All other Station software including the website sees my login just fine, but then when I try to use EQIM it tells me "invalid login"...is there any light someone can shed on this? Sony has so far been VERY unhelpful, and I think it's an account problem on their end, not a problem with EQIM. They just won't get off their money stacked arses and do anything about it because it's not officially supported. Never mind that a paying customer is having a problem with a feature they offer...

When EQIM first came out I had this exact problem. I had to change what I had as the password and then it worked fine. But you can't change the password back to what it was before.
Ascendant Apostle of the Celestial Fists
Kaliaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:08 PM   #27
Kell
A Gray Wolf

TEQIM Plugin >>>>> EQIM trash called a client. Even the irc version is lightyears ahead of EQIM stand alone.
Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:13 AM   #28
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I've been using Trillian for years... and I just downloaded TEQIM today. Only one thing to say...

Wow.

That's LIGHTYEARS beyond EQIM. If SOE wants to get upset about people using it someday... well I'll worry about it then. For right now, this is far and away the best interface I've seen and it works in Trillian... one more clunky window GONE from my desktop!

Thanks!!

<-- Fyste gives this FIVE dancing nanas!

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:00 AM   #29
bdraft
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Sewell
Heya Zone, at this time, EQIM cannot connect to the guild chat because EQIM is connecting to the Channel Server, and not the World Server, so basically it recognises your character, but not guild affiliations. So if you want to talk to your guild, create a "Guild Channel" and have your entire guild join it. Passwording it would be a good idea as well.

If you an unfamiliar with how to do so, here is the format.

/join ChannelName:Password

e.g.

/join EQinterface:8675309

Thank you to Orion for the link, we'll be altering the web page shortly to make it easier to find/download.

I haven't used EQIM in a while. I didn't have any problems talking to people but I had a few anoyances. I had to add people to my buddy list just to talk to them otherwise it would sit there forever doing nothing.
I don't remember connecting to any channels....
I do specificly remember that it would not connect to my guilds serverwide officer's channel. (Some of our officers are active on other servers, this alows the users to go over to the officer channel and talk to an officer if there is any in EQ Land anywhere (the officers are required to auto-join all of their characters.)

I was not able to connect to the serverwide chat channels for like the clerics (/join serverwide.cleric:cleric). It would either give me an error or it would give me nothing....a blank line.

This was back when DX9 was made a requirement, for about 2 or 3 weeks I was working to try to get back into EQ (3 reinstalls of 98SE, several diffrent versions of my graphics driver, EQTech emails, emails to my card vendor.
EQTech basicly told me to bug-off. My ATI Radeon 7000 with 32MB of DDR-RAM wasn't supported so get a new card or stop bugging us....and what are you doing STILL running 98SE??
I never got a human in email a ATI.....

ahwell....
bdraft
bdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 05:34 AM   #30
Aluvin Goldleaf
A Treant

Server: Bristlebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortis42
I'd like to see a EQIM plugin for Trillian Pro.
I stopped using it because it created to many windows for my liking to use. If it was integrated into Trillian that would be cool.

It already is sadly don't have the link anymore, since I lost my favorites on a computer crash
Bristlebane
Aluvin Goldleaf is offline   Reply With Quote