Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 12-13-2004, 08:45 AM   #1
Achelous
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default having problems with my Pet Window

Pet Info Window is giving me problems I'm no XML wiz by any means and can't figure out the buff window part the rest of the window is np but I'm unable to resize the window ... I'm using SidlWidl or whatever its called and get tons of error messages... also have tried it with just plain Notepad that way doesnt work either...in SidlWidl the buff screen seems to not have a size setting at all and it wont let me input one.:/ anyone help out?
Achelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:22 PM   #2
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

To make windows within windows resizeable (the buff section of the pet window is treadted as its own window by the code apparently) Sony uses margin offsets to ensure that the window will adjust itself in size as the primary window itself is resized.

So to correctly resize and place the buff window you have to highlight it in sidlwidl and look at the anchor offsets, then set them all to 0. Then resize the window as necessary and place it where you want.

As for the errors .. i found i got constant errors from sidlwidl when ever i did this but it seemed to continue to work anyway. Sometimes you have to save then reload the image for the changes to be visible.

Hope that helps some