Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-30-2002, 01:47 PM   #1
Caen
A Gray Wolf

Default Very Interesting...

Anybody notice the XML in the spell book .xml file? There are dummy entries for "mem this page" buttons... They need to implement THAT, I tell ya.
Caen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:52 PM   #2
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

they are planning on it..

its one of the features that is being worked on.. like a function to replace /hitsmode

I had heard they had a better version of /hitsmode in the works and that they wanted it to be on the new UI before it came to live server.

guess maybe they ment "before it went live" not "before it went to live server"

<shrug>
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 06:38 PM   #3
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Personally I find this ability useless as with the grouping of my spells in my book no more than 2 spells I mem are on the same page. And even if they were you'd need to be able to make multiple entries of a spell for each of the different situations your in (solo spells, group spells, raid spells) but with multiple copies comes the fact you'd want a spellbook that has at least twice the amount of pages you get now if not more.
Old 07-30-2002, 09:13 PM   #4
Caen
A Gray Wolf

Yeah, it would be better for them to implement 3 or 4 setups.

I imagine something like 4 mini spell gem bars inside the spell book window, with a button at the bottom of each "Mem". This would unmem everything you have currently and then mem that set in the order you have in the mini spell bar.

This way you could drag the same spell to all 4 setups if you wanted to (along with 7 other spells on each setup)... would be pretty cool.

Caen
Caen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 09:25 PM   #5
xlorepdarkhelm
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Xegony
Send a message via AIM to xlorepdarkhelm Send a message via Yahoo to xlorepdarkhelm

Of course, you could put your "regular or "default" buttons on one page, and then have several pages which reflect differences in that setup, clickthe mem full page button, and have it only load those spells into their respective slots, leaving the others untouched...

Magelo
Guild Website
xlorepdarkhelm is offline   Reply With Quote