Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 01-26-2004, 02:20 PM   #16
Mynde Kandie
A Bat

Server: Tunare
Default Easter Egg

Is there any way to remove the easter egg altogether?
Old 01-26-2004, 03:53 PM   #17
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Mynde-

I assumed it wouldn't be that big of an issue since it only turns on when you click in the top righthand corner of the window and then turns off when you click in the top lefthand corner of the window, and I didn't notice any performance degradation because I used the same files that are normally used to load the class animations into memory.

However, if you do want to remove it altogether, I just created a new lodidodi_classanim.xml file that you can download *here*. (Edit: For some reason the direct link to the file wasn't working from within this post. You will have to go to http://www.lodidodi.net, and scroll down to "Optional Downloads" then click the link for "Blank Easter Egg".) If you unzip this file and copy it into your UI directory (overwriting the existing lodidodi_classanim.xml file), then the easter egg will no longer be accessible.

Sorry if this was a problem,
Lodi Dodi

Last edited by lodidodi : 01-26-2004 at 04:03 PM.
lodidodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 04:33 PM   #18
Vixyn
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Bristlebane
Send a message via AIM to Vixyn Send a message via Yahoo to Vixyn

This is a great skin, and will probably replace my current 'Tablets-Blue'. I'm just curious, can we 'switch' graphics? IE, use tablets instead of lodi-dodi's?

Any end-user cutomize-ability via graphics is a plus in my eyes
Old 01-26-2004, 04:44 PM   #19
leama
A Ghoul

Hey Lodi Dodi~
What a fantistic UI! Although I must admit.... the dancing girl just doesn't do it for me.
Got any dancing guys? LOL
lea

~ Mistress leama *66 Coercer of ~

Hallowed Pestilence, Quellious
leama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 05:00 PM   #20
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Vixyn-

The Lodi Dodi UI pulls the graphics for the standard size buttons from their normal locations within the "window_pieces03.tga" file (my UI has a custom version of that file), so if you overwrite my version of that file with the same file from a different UI, odds are that most of the buttons will switch to those graphics. Window backgrounds are also pulled from the standard files of "wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga" and "wnd_bg_light_rock.tga" so you can just copy those files over too.

However, many of the smaller buttons didn't look quite right when the game automatically resized the graphics from the aforementioned file, so I ended up creating a few more files to store custom graphics for differently sized buttons, called "lodidodi_buttons.tga" and "lodidodi_custombuttons.tga". So you'd have to manually convert those graphics over to the new style to switch over all the buttons.

Finally, the backgrounds for inventory slots are stored in "lodidodi_slots.tga" (standard size, for inventory window) and "lodidodi_minislots.tga" (smaller, for hot buttons window), so if you want those converted over too, you'd have to change those files. You may also want to tweak "lodidodi_spell.tga" if you want to change the look of the spell gems.

I do like the Tablets graphics (I actually based my graphics off one version of Tablets) so if enough people express interest, I might take the time to do this myself and post it on my website as an optional download.

leama -

I did design it so that different animations could be easy swapped in for the default animation. The plan was to create new animations once in a while to provide a little variety. However, don't hold your breath waiting for a "dancing guys" animation from me, you might have to create that one yourself.

Thanks for the feedback,
Lodi Dodi
Old 01-26-2004, 05:12 PM   #21
Vixyn
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Bristlebane
Send a message via AIM to Vixyn Send a message via Yahoo to Vixyn

Great! All I needed to know was it ~could~ be done, manually or otherwise - I'm no stranger to PSP or Photoshop, so it should be No Problem (TM, subject to odd glitches when least expected, see store description for details)
Vixyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 06:31 PM   #22
Hedien
A Ghoul

Hey Lodi Dodi

I have a question ...

Was it intended with Unshared pp slot to be at bottom/left corner and for shared to be above gold? Just look like its in wrong place.
Hedien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:01 PM   #23
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Hedien-

Yes the shared/unshared pp slots are in the correct spots.

Personally I stopped using the unshared pp slot after they added the shared pp slot. I can't think of a reason why anyone would want/need to use the unshared pp slot anymore. If you have a good reason, please let me know.

Lodi Dodi
Old 01-27-2004, 01:04 AM   #24
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

FYI-

I changed the Lodi Dodi UI 2.0.2 download file so that now the "easter egg" animation is a little more appropriate for EQ (a clip from Lord of the Rings).

Edit: The moderators have now updated the zip file in download secton, so everyone that downloads it from now on will get the Lord of the Rings clip.

Lodi Dodi

Last edited by lodidodi : 01-27-2004 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:54 PM   #25
Hedien
A Ghoul

I mainly use normal for my own money and shared for guild funds for regents ... other then that no reason.
Hedien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:54 AM   #26
Orpington2019
A Shissar Disciple

Default Which file do I modify for the movie?

I was looking but I was unable to determine which file I need to modify to change the movie clip...thanks...

-Orp
Orpington2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 12:04 PM   #27
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Orp-

That's a good question, so I just added it to the FAQ page on my web site (http://www.lodidodi.net).

Here you go:

Q: What/where is the "easter egg"?

A: The "easter egg" is an animation hidden in the player/group window. To turn it on, click in the upper righthand corner of the window. To turn it off, click in the upper lefthand corner of the window (for example, on the "ATK:" text).

Q: Can I change the "easter egg" to display my own clip?

A: Yes. The graphics for the frames of the animation are stored in modified versions of the files that normally store the class animations ("bard01.tga", "beastlord01.tga", etc). Changing the graphics in the versions of those files found in the Lodi Dodi UI directory will change the animation. If you want to use a clip with more frames or fewer frames than the existing clip, you will also need to edit the "lodidodi_classanim.xml" file to add/remove frames used by the animation. If you make your own clip, send me a copy and if I like it (and it is not R or X rated) I'll post it here on my web site for others to download.

Thanks,
Lodi Dodi
Old 01-29-2004, 01:30 PM   #28
Gdbob
A Ghoul

Heya Lodi
I DL'ed the UI 2 nights ago and like it alot, its very functional.
The only thing that I would say isnt my fave is the plain grey coloring. If there was a way to make the grey areas a different color I would be completely satisfied with it and will keep using for as long as I can.
Thanks -Bob
Gdbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 12:27 PM   #29
Greymantle
A Snow Griffin

Server: The Rathe

Great thanks for releasing a stand alone, using it and loving it.
Greymantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 06:43 PM   #30
lodidodi
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Bob-

You could modify the grey background fairly easily. The two files that store the background colors are "wnd_bg_dark_rock.tga" and "wnd_bg_light_rock.tga", so you'll want to modify those. You'll also want to edit "lodidodi_backgrounds.bmp" which stores the frames around windows and the additional grey borders/backgrounds I used for some of the items within various windows. You may also want to edit some of the other graphics files depending on how extensive you want the color change to be.

Lodi Dodi