Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-02-2002, 12:21 AM   #1
Aedaen Darklaef
A Treant

Server: Terris Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Aedaen Darklaef
Default Stock UI Controls

I searched around and was unable to find answers to this somwhat taxing problem.

Has anyone figured out how to move the "stock" controls outside their parent windows. IE the clip plane slider, I stuck the code from the options window word for word into my custom target window, commented the original code out of the real options window, and was able see a functional slider, that updated the number label below it, but alas the thing did not effect the clip plane at all.

You think this funcitonality is hard coded into the engine ? Or in one of the template files ? Any info appreciated.
Aedaen Darklaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:37 AM   #2
lunakin
A Shissar Defiler

I think it's pretty much gauges and labels you can move to other windows. Anything other than that ( buttons, sliders, menus, autoequip areas ) seem to lose all functionality once they are removed from thier default window.

Hopefully we'll see this change in the future.

Anyone correct me on any misiformation I may be spreading

Lunakin
lunakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 07:53 AM   #3
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe

Sadly a lot of the UI is hardcoded.

Instead of looking for a nobject xxxx in ANY windows, the game looks for it in the window it expects it to be.

I assume there is slopyyness on the part of the programming team, BUT probably also a design decision to limit the extent of 'malfunction that would be created by user UI's if you could move options and such to any window..

Nevertheless it's a shame we can't for example move the selector buttons somewhere else, the spell book button, the class animatrion, auto equip area etc etc the list is long :/
Old 11-02-2002, 10:50 AM   #4
Aedaen Darklaef
A Treant

Server: Terris Thule
Send a message via ICQ to Aedaen Darklaef

Yeah I was afraid of that, there does'nt seem to be any way to link those controls when they're outside their normal window. No 'eqtype', I was hoping the engine would recognize the name and it could retain its functionality. Oh well, maybe in a future release. Thanks for the confirmation.
Aedaen Darklaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 04:56 PM   #5
Kiriani
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via ICQ to Kiriani Send a message via AIM to Kiriani Send a message via Yahoo to Kiriani

Unfortunately the actual "controls" are hardcoded. Just have to settle for remembering the shortcut keys for most of them.

General rule of thumb: if it has an EQType, you can move it to anywindow you want, or even have a window with 100 instances of it for that matter. If it doesn't have an EQType. it has to be in the window it's in.

Ranger of Tunare
Familjen Saryrn
"Sometimes the Laws of Man must be broken in order to do what is right"
Kiriani is offline   Reply With Quote