Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-26-2004, 06:17 PM   #46
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Rathe
Featured Artist

There's a "fix" file to take care of the Pearl Choker Issue. It'll be included in the next patch version. The patch can be found in the comments below the UI download screen.
DarkSir23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 11:22 AM   #47
Karyss
A Bat

Smile

Thanks for all the work! Like many have mentioned, this is the only one we like to use. Really appreciate the time you have put into it
Karyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 03:51 PM   #48
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

I'm glad to be able to keep it going. My wife would be very upset if we had to stop using it cause it was broken.
Old 10-04-2004, 02:45 PM   #49
wraith098
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSir23
There's a "fix" file to take care of the Pearl Choker Issue. It'll be included in the next patch version. The patch can be found in the comments below the UI download screen.

Looked all over - couldn't find it. Have the most recent release (v 1.8). Can you provide a link?
wraith098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:58 PM   #50
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

Old 10-07-2004, 09:42 AM   #51
Rukog
A Bat

Great job updating this UI Darksir! Really appreciate your work on it. I've been using it since the beginning too, and started to itch for some tweaks due to updated things.

Now I've got a couple questions.

1) I have been grinding to 70 - haven't spent new AA's yet. Will the 9th spellgem just magically appear when I buy it? Or should I be seeing some kind of "dead/inactive" slot that's acting as a placeholder for it until I purchase it?

I had to do some copying of files when I put the new quartz in to try to keep some custom windows from the previous Quartz that I'd added myself at the top, so don't know if I messed something up. My spellgems area looks the same, afaik, as it did before.

2) Would it be possible to add a few small "tick" marks or translucent blue horizontal lines in the buff box? The purpose would be to show where the bottom of Buff 15 is (and 16, 17, 18, 19...20 would be obvious like it was when 15 was at the bottom of the buff window).

Right now, since I haven't purchased the extra buff slots yet either, when I'm getting close to having a full buff box, I have to count manually, and then try to make sure I get my long-term self buff into slot 15 as my "border" indicator. It's annoying not knowing, with one glance, where buff slot 15 ends (and then the others as I buy the extra slots). HoT's, buffs, etc. are bouncing and I don't know until I stop and count where my max is.

I like the buff box, so don't want to simply change it to something that's got numbers. If it's slightly editable, it'd be perfect.

Something like: (Imagine the sides are smooth like normal)
|................|
|................|
|................|
|................|
|................|
|................|
|................|
|................|
|................|
|................|
|................|(ignore the dots...just placeholders)
|_ _ _ _ _ _ |
|_ _ _ _ _ _ |
|_ _ _ _ _ _ |
|_ _ _ _ _ _ |
|_ _ _ _ _ _ |
|__________|

...where the dashed horizontal lines are either a "bump" in the graphic or a slightly-noticeable colored line...something to indicate quickly when buff slot 15 is about to be filled, etc.

3) Finally, I think I remember reading something about this, but I want to be sure...

Does this/will this have the function of "auto-adjusting" itself when SoE makes new changes to UI's? I don't know exactly how it worked, but I remember Statix adding something to the package that made it so I didn't have to worry too much when SoE changed/added XML files.

Thanks for all your work on this. I have almost no knowledge of XML or I'd try to fiddle around and work on a few things myself.

Rukog
Rukog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 05:16 PM   #52
redfox
A Treant

A very great thank you indeed.. have had this interface since it was released long ago .. and subsequent updates never seemed to work for me (the various "themes" of Quartz), I have maintained Quartz (unsure of the verson, but one of the originals) with the WC3 Spell Icons.. love this UI to death
redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:51 PM   #53
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

I've been thinking about numbering the buffs. What do you guys think? Alternatively, I could try to put lines through them, not sure how it'd look... Definately something to check out, tho.

Rukog:

The spellgem will magically appear to the right of #2 when you buy the AA, yes.

I think I like the ticks idea better than numbering the buffs. Will see what I can do.

And yes, the UI doesn't break terribly when SOE adds anything, the things that Statix did to insure that are still there. (Except the icons for OOW... Bah)

I'll do what I can this weekend, or the first of next week.

Thanks for the input,

DarkSir
Old 10-08-2004, 04:22 AM   #54
wraith098
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Would like to see a number next to each spell buff. As a lvl 69 warrior - I've little time to count how many buffs I have up; watch the number of debuffs, dot's, curses - etc etc that are on me (a high number of OoW mobs cast them); and hold aggro all at the same time (split second distraction could cause me to lose aggro and could cause raid/party wipe out).

More often than not I have beneficial buffs overwritten because I get hit with 4 or 5 debuffs/dots at once. Would be nice to be able to just glance up and see how many buffs I have - so that I can dump something if I know the mob I'll be fighting has a debuff or DOT.

One other thing crossed my mind - not sure if it's possible or not... but is there a way to highlight the group leaders name in red in the group window?

Last edited by wraith098 : 10-08-2004 at 04:49 PM.
wraith098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 04:50 PM   #55
sofus2
A Gray Wolf

Hi,

Thanks DarkSir23 for keeping Quartz updated.

The only problem I have with it is that my 16th buffslot won't show. I have used the files on your own webpage and unpacked them in a separate folder. Everything but the buffslot works just fine.

Am I suposed to edit a file somewhere or something?

Kind regards,

Sofus Forestyre
www.istid.se
AB server
sofus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 12:02 AM   #56
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

Hmm, I've not tested the buffslots, as I don't have the AAs.... But I'll take a look at it and see why it's not showing up. Does the 9th spell slot show up for you?
Old 11-20-2004, 06:02 AM   #57
sofus2
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for the fast answer. Yes, the 9th spellslot is showing up. As far as I can tell it is only the buffslots that won't show up.

It is somewhat surreal when you get a message that a buff you didn't even know you had on wears off.

Kind regards,

Sofus
sofus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:35 PM   #58
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

*lol* Ok, I'll look into it.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:13 AM   #59
raidyen
A Fire Beetle

was running 1024X768 reso got a new card and am now running 1280X1024 reso is there anyway to make the ui look as big as it did in the 1024X768 reso on the 1280X1024 reso?
raidyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:42 PM   #60
DarkSir23
A Shissar Defiler

Featured Artist

As it stands, there is not. A whole separate UI would have to be made, with larger icons, and background files, and whatnot. While not out of the question, my time has been very limited of late.