Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #1082
Darkrigel
EverQuest Addict

Server: Xegony, Test
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Darkrigel Send a message via AIM to Darkrigel Send a message via MSN to Darkrigel Send a message via Yahoo to Darkrigel

OMG IT WORKS thanks alot!!! no more Switching to default to play LoN I LOVE YOU!!!!

Click Pic for Magelo

"Its more mana efficient to rez a ranger than Heal one........" - Ximet Takesabeatin, Xegony Server
Darkrigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #1083
skwasha
A Gray Wolf

Anyone else find all their windows moved around after the latest patch?

Trying to figure out which of the dang files it's getting window positions from... Anyone know?
skwasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:29 PM   #1084
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwasha
Anyone else find all their windows moved around after the latest patch?

Trying to figure out which of the dang files it's getting window positions from... Anyone know?

It is a weird bug that is causing all UI windows to be sized exactly the same size as the default windows.

It appears that any window that is resizable in default can correct the issue. You just have to resize the windows in default. The pet window, map window, DZ window, etc. is a different story as they are not resizable in default.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #1085
fgoldsmith
A Ghoul

Default windows

ok its pulling the window sizes from the ui_char_server.ini file instead of the xml file so in order to correct it you must pull the file sizes from the xml file and post them into the ini file and it should correct it
fgoldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #1086
skwasha
A Gray Wolf

I thought that's what it was too... So, I grabbed the HxW from EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml and put them in my UI_char_svr.ini file in the ActionsWindow section both and Height, Width as well as Width1280x1024, Height1280x1024. Camped, logged back in... Action window right in the same place (vertically in the middle, horizontally abt 1/5 in from the left)

I also noted that there is an X and Y position in the XML. But that seems completely ignored.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:59 PM   #1087
fgoldsmith
A Ghoul

Default fixxes

ok Im no good at this coding thing I managed to fix it on my drakah ui for my monk but I use aya on my main chars and im no good at this so its gonna be upto dan or someone to fix im not an xml coder or anything like that
Old 09-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #1088
skwasha
A Gray Wolf

I'll try going thru and unlocking all the windows and repositioning em. See if I can figure anything out from the new UI file. :/ We'll see....
Old 09-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #1089
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgoldsmith
ok Im no good at this coding thing I managed to fix it on my drakah ui for my monk but I use aya on my main chars and im no good at this so its gonna be upto dan or someone to fix im not an xml coder or anything like that

SoE is working on a fix though as it is not a UI specific problem as edits to your character files in your EQ directory will fix it.

For the record: I am just a tinkerer. Can make minor changes to a UI but never understood code.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #1090
fgoldsmith
A Ghoul

Default yep

more or less whats happening is instead of it reading the xml files and using those to position and size the windows its letting the ini file over ride and thats not whats supposed to happen from what I can understand once I can see how they fix it I can probably make the adjustments to the files but until then I guess im stuck
Old 09-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #1091
fgoldsmith
A Ghoul

Default Woot Fix

ok guys I figured this out and it worked

for the pet window if its doing like it did on mine it came up tall and narrow
I simply deleted the info for that window outta the ini file and the logged in turned it on and placed it where it supposed to be and it worked now the buff and short duration buff windows are another story i havent quit sorted out yet still working on them but give me some time and ill fix it if i can

Last edited by fgoldsmith : 09-05-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #1092
Sadenaig
A Hill Giant

Doing the steps of deleting the info from ui_charname_servername.ini worked for long term buffs and the pet window, but my short term buff window disappeared. and had to be brought back using EQ button and repositioned.
Sadenaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 07:18 PM   #1093
skwasha
A Gray Wolf

hmm.... My buff window is there. But it's too wide and short. I tried removing it from the ini and then showing it again with alt-B. :/ And I can't seem to reposition the bandolier.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:25 PM   #1094
fgoldsmith
A Ghoul

Default working on it

im working on it somethign with the window sizing one guy posted some info but I had just made those changes before he posted them checking to see if they worked now or not
Old 09-05-2007, 07:39 PM   #1095
skwasha
A Gray Wolf

I ended up moving and resizing things in "default" That seemed to populate all the right Pos, H, W, etc. fields. Then I tweaked them to match AYA. That's gotten me more or less there... A few things are still off by a bit. But it's useable till there's something more permanent.

I noticed that it seems to be using my resolution size and NOT the window size. Which is probably a/the bug. I play on a 1600x1200 monitor at 1280x1024, windowed. So, hopefully they release a fix nd I can just swap my old ini back in.