Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2002, 03:52 PM   #1
Bled Lifeblood
A Hill Giant

Default Labeled Buffs

I like the idea of the buff window with the names of the buffs beside them, but it is a bit bulky for my tastes...is there a way someone could make the name of the buff appear, say in black, overlapping the buff image?
Bled Lifeblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 03:59 PM   #2
NijK
A Snow Cougar

Thumbs down individual buff lables

Also, when the buffs wear off, it leaves a lable next to where the buff was "Unknown Spell" or something like that. You get 10-15 buffs for a raid, all labled, then afterwards you're walking around with about 5 buffs, you've got "Unknown Spell" 5-10 times down the side of your screen heh (at least it did that when I tried it out)
NijK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 09:19 PM   #3
Geddine
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Yes Niik that is a bug on Verants part.

Not sure which buff window your talking about , but if it is mine there is a reason for the no resize. It will not be as readable should you resize it.

The problem with it is :
- the text needs a co-ordinate to print at, this is fixed and unmoving (unless you edit the XML)
- the buff icons even though they have default placings are hardcoded to move as you adjust the size and shape of the window.

This causes a problem for those who move their windows around. If you have the position and shape of the window set and don't plan on reshaping it, this would be easy to do.

Currently the buff window I made is wide enough to fit the largest spell name in the spdat.eff file while leaving the buff at a size that is remotely visible. To shrink it further you could try reducing the size of the icon (even to 0), or shrinking the font to 1 (which might make it unreadable)
Old 07-28-2002, 01:13 AM   #4
Bled Lifeblood
A Hill Giant

I have no problem with a set size of the buff window, just wondering if it would be possible to put the labels over top of the images so as to reduce that size
Bled Lifeblood is offline   Reply With Quote