Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 04-19-2005, 09:14 AM   #1
Piqlet
A Fire Beetle

Server: Innoruuk
Default My wishlist

Is there anyone, that can make a complete set ui with a horzontial spell bar and horzontial buff window without words. I have downloaded so many ui's today I want to cry. Most complete sets won't let me grab a piece here and there to fit the way I play. I had to get rid of the old one cause the xml files weren't working properly.

I am on my knees.
Piqlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 10:23 AM   #2
Enchasze
A Ghoul

Server: TP

This is a good request.........
- since we have the pop-up now with name and time remaining; if anyone could repair one of the DoN upgrades that way, and avail it as individual pieces, I beleive many would love it.........I know I would.

Not to derail, but many full ui's have some nice part I like but won't use the whole thing; would you guru's be able to start making UI's that are completely able to be separately used per part?

Believe me if I could get a grasp of xml I would work on things because your Tutorials are very informative, but I have limited time, and somehow always screw something up and take forever to recover my UI ingame lol.

I am so inept I can't figure out how to properly use sidlwidl etc.
Enchasze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:33 AM   #3
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

UIs that can be seperately used per part is a good idea. It's something we've wanted for a long time, but not so easy to do.

My UI (Minuet) works like this, and some of the other UIs in the Minimalist section do too.

But UIs that uses lots of custom graphics generally can't. They put all the graphics in one file and then have all the other windows refer to it. It would be totally impractical for those UIs to put the graphics in each window seperately.

All I can suggest is build a UI out of parts. Starting with a horizontal spell bar and buff window. All the things in the 'interface pieces' sections are, obviously, stand-alone.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 10:43 PM   #4
Enchasze
A Ghoul

Server: TP

Aye, many of the UI's here from the makers, are very good.

The thing is the Developers have the ability to work with you UI mods and make this type of thing 'doable'............if they want to be more player oriented that is.

If they or others haven't seen the Horizons hotkeys , arrangements, and abilities to be separated for players to have up as many as 10 separate ones for their needs / uses.....they should obtain the disk and have a look on the Horizons free trial.........not to play or steal info but to see the usefulness of the hotkeys.
Enchasze is offline   Reply With Quote