Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 01-11-2003, 05:50 AM   #1
CinamonMT
A Bat

Default INI file to control spell icons.

What I woul dlike to see is an INI file that could control what spells show what spell icons so if I really wanted to I could have a different icon for every spell in game.

The hardest thing about making new spell icons is that as soon as you change it for one class, the icon is no longer correct for another class that uses same icon for that spell, and you say thats fine I play a necro and I made all my icons for a necro, but then you are not thinking, what happens when a cleric casts a buff on you, you know have Aego on you with a FD icon or something stupid, dont quote me and say but that spell uses this icon etc etc, I am just using those as an example.

So please give us the ability to set what icon we want for each spell, that will make life so much better for those that want new icons.

Cinamon 61 Druid Morell Thule
Miea 65 Beastlord Morell Thule
CinamonMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 11:05 AM   #2
sc2kmayor
An_Arcane_Lurker

Server: Mithaniel Marr <The Mages of The Mist>
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

/agree most wholeheartedly.

Or redefine all spells to have their own icon placement so that we can mod em up anyway we want.

ini would certainly cut down on need for more tga files tho.
Old 09-23-2003, 04:07 PM   #3
aeluin
Denizen of the Interface

Server: Tholuxe Paelis
Send a message via AIM to aeluin

/agree /superbump

I want to see each spell with its own icon. It's so annoying to have a row of like six identical buffs; this is why people need spell name labels.

(besides, I'm greedy, I want to see more t.king art)
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king." -Aragorn's Theme by J.R.R. Tolkien
aeluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:58 PM   #4
hkTRox
A Treant

Server: Karana, Tribunal
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to hkTRox

I agree this would be a godsend to anyone who tries to modify the spell icons and gems. So please Sony give us some options to modify every spell to a different icon and every gem to a different texture. I mentioned this before when I was working on modifying spell icons till I became too fed up with not being able to get all the icons to be how I wanted them to be because of the limitations that Sony has established.
One more thing I would also like for the Auto Equip to be universal so you can customize where you want it to be, why hardcode it to the inventory?
Thanks and I hope Sony reads these boards
hkTRox is offline   Reply With Quote