User Name
Password

Old 10-15-2003, 06:24 PM   #1
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Clean by Daellig

Download it here

Wanted to post the GUI I am currently using. This was inspired by Forry, Vert, and my own prior work.

Rather than going through the extreme challenge of modifing Daellig 2 to meet everyones demands, I built this. It offers significantly more flexability. I have included my ini file if you want the same layout. Here is a preview of what it looks like with the map window up.

The entire goal was to be as efficient as possible while adding as much functionality as possible. The only difficulty some may have is with the pet buff window, song window, and buff windows. These all are effectivly perma fixed in their locations. They can be moved my GUI designers or by modifing the included ini file. Personally I like em where they are. The ini file is designed for a 1600x1200 resolution.

Lastly, the song window which you can't see since I am not grouped with a bard, makes the buffs appear directly to the left of the standard buff window which is on the right side of the screen. The pet buffs are on the left.

Guess that's it.

Daellig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cleanmap.jpg (295.3 KB, 1456 views)
Daellig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 07:00 PM   #2
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr

Looks good! A lot of info in a small amount of space.

forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 01:35 AM   #3
stavesoffury
A Snow Griffin

Server: Druzzil Ro

i like it. just one thing...could you maybe put in a seperate petinfowindow for us pure melee who wanna be able to see our stats ( right now its in castspellwnd and i cant open it...)
stavesoffury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 06:01 AM   #4
Trinethy
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Luclin
Send a message via ICQ to Trinethy Send a message via Yahoo to Trinethy

Look good,

sure gonne try it
Old 10-16-2003, 07:43 AM   #5
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Yup yup gonna try it to.
Daellig's UI is allways in my try/save folder.
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:28 AM   #6
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Quote:
i like it. just one thing...could you maybe put in a seperate petinfowindow for us pure melee who wanna be able to see our stats ( right now its in castspellwnd and i cant open it...)

This is actually the way it was before they added the pet buffs to the petinfowindow. I will send those files up tonight if I have time. I will also mod the group window so that for melees it has a stamina bar in place of the mana. There wasn't enough room for both. Or do you even want that, or just remove the stamina bar alltogether? The issue being that Sony in their infinite wisdom chose to make the AA Exp bar and the Stamina bar the same color..... If I add the stamina bar, I will have to change the AA Exp bar to a dif color to. No biggie, just fyi.

Daellig
Old 10-16-2003, 01:05 PM   #7
stavesoffury
A Snow Griffin

i already changed the sta bar =P i know how to do that much just not how to put it into pet window...thanks
Old 10-16-2003, 06:17 PM   #8
Daellig
A Hill Giant

Default Melees Mod Pack

Here are the files with the modified Group Window.

I also seperated the Stats Window, and Spellbar window by using the petinfo window to display the stats.

Daellig
Attached Files
File Type: zip files.zip (6.0 KB, 41 views)
Old 10-20-2003, 04:04 PM   #9
odball
A Gray Wolf

Default included ini file

I like the overall look of this and very easy to see all info. I just downloaded it and found that the ini file you included didn't change anything. I changed the name to match my current char/server, after making a copy of the original one and it didn't look anything like your screenshot. Also for those with pets where are the pet commands? As the ini didn't work for me, was a pain to try to move the song/spell buffs to where I could see them. Kept haveing to go from old to yours so I could move them.
odball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 12:49 PM   #10
ebonicus
A Fire Beetle

Server: Fennin Ro
Default How do I change this?

I love minimalist design, but all the stats on the spell bar are not necessary for me. How do make the spell bar and book a separate window?

Also, can you make the target window resizable? clerics like a large target window.
ebonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 01:05 PM   #11
stavesoffury
A Snow Griffin

odball, what reso are you in? the included *.INI is for 1600x1200
Old 10-22-2003, 05:42 PM   #12
ebonicus
A Fire Beetle

Server: Fennin Ro
Default Problems

Ok, this interface is exactly what I have been looking for, but it has some inherent problems.

I tried both version, patched and unpatched from this thread, for melee and for casters respectively.

The spell window detached on the patch version is great, it should be like that for custom placement anywhere on my screen. I hate showing stats on my UI, i don't need to look at them, and will use inv win if I do.

The first probelm is the window filename usage. I have a large target window which I usually replace for any skin, and I cannot, since your target window is the clickies window. If I try to use my custom target as the player window (your target window) the skin will crash. Target should be the default EQUI_TargetWindow.xml for the target window. Make a new window name for clickies window EQUI_ClickiesWindow.xml and add it to the main EQUI.xml include list.

Secondly, the pet window is just the self player stats window, so the pet commands window is inaccessible altogether. Again, the stats should be a new window name, like EQUI_StatsWindow.xml and should be on the include list as well. This way it can be closed for those who do not use it. This way, the pet window can function normally as well.

Third, if you are a melee/pet caster like an SK, you need to see the pet window, and on the player/group window I need sta + mana bars.

Fourth, your target window should show the casting meter on it, so a cleric can see if the CH rate is happening fast enough as the target's HP's are decreasing. Currently the casting meter shows on top of the mana bar.

Aside fromt eh above, I love this skin, and would use it if it would work properly for my toons.

If you have any Q's email me at [email protected]
ebonicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 06:00 PM   #13
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr

I don't think you can just add a window name to the EQUI.xml file and have it work in game. What buttons would be associated with it to open the window?
forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 10:35 PM   #14
Lothay
A Shissar Defiler

You're right Forry, you can't just add new windows to the UI. All anyone can do is re-use windows.

~Lothay
Lothay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 11:26 AM   #15
Quantic
A Ghoul

Anyone make a 1280x1024 version? My 21inch LCD only supports up to 1280x1024 and this looks awesome to use....but as it stands, I cannot without it looking like a hatchet job.
Quantic is offline   Reply With Quote