Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2002, 04:02 PM   #1
Scioned
A Gray Wolf

Default Patches

Ok, here is my question. Last nights patch made a lot of changes to uifiles folder, BUT the changes were made in the default folder. This causes problems with the new /bazaar window, rename window options, etc if you are using a skin or mod other than default, because the changes weren't made to that folder as well. So here is what i'm thinking of doing---instead of using /loadskin default to get the changes from patches to take effect, and then typing /loadskin <whatever> to get my skins and mods back, I was wondering if i could make a NEW copy of default folder, then rename it the SAME as my current folder. After that, I would put all my skins and mods back in this new folder and delete the old folder. What I'm trying to avoid is resizing/positioning all my windows after using the /loadskin command. Example: My current uifile folder is named SCIONED. I run patch to get the new changes from VI. Make a copy of default (that now has the new changes), rename it SCIONED as well, add all my skins/mods to new SCIONED, delete old SCIONED, when I run game, it should automatically load SCIONED (since this is the ufile i'm using right now anyway) and get all the new changes, all my custom skins/mods, AND not have to resize,color, and position all my windows. Can someone tell me if this will work or if there is another way to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

Thanks for the help,
Scioned

Doh, nevermind. Found a much easier solution, just copy the patch files into my SCIONED folder.

Last edited by Scioned : 07-31-2002 at 04:10 PM.
Scioned is offline   Reply With Quote