Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 08-24-2002, 03:53 AM   #1
Kageblade32
A Ghoul

Exclamation Help me

where can i find a program to make my own personal xml's or Ui or whatever they are called please report back
Kageblade32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2002, 01:08 AM   #2
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

There's no program to "make them". It's just a matter of altering what's already there.

Take a look in your EverQuest directory. You'll see a dirctory called uifiles. Inside there will be another one called default.

Check out the files in there. That's the UI. All the files in there, the data, makes the UI.

You can use Notepad to alter the .xml files, and any graphic application that supports targa files for the .tga files.

Make sure you read over the .doc file first, then play with the files. Create a new directory in uifiles and save any changed files (only) into that directory. That will be your new skin.

And be sure to do things like set Size X to 50 before posting "What does Size X do?".

Also, take note of the file UIErrors.txt that's located in your everquest directory. If for any reason your UI doesn't load, the error will be in there. Even if EQ decided to take a nose dive on ya, cause it will, trust me, it will.

Post any questions you might have, but please make sure you read the docs and search the forums first. People are quite reluctant to post answers to question's that been asked too many times.

And, good luck to ya mate. Modifying the UI is really easy, don't get too intimidated. Just play with it and see for yourself.
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote