Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 02-16-2003, 11:21 PM   #16
Aammer
A Gray Wolf

One question Kudane and Sokol,

Will a new Vertical Hotbutton Window be available with this new version? Works nicely one a 1024x768 resolution, which is what I use now. Or will the old addon still be compatible?
Aammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:34 PM   #17
Silent Angel
A Ghoul

Default Cake??

Just wondered what happened to this ace little prog seemed to go AWOL with some of the last releases
Silent Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:17 AM   #18
Fueyen
A Treant

They are inside the zip you download Silent Angel
Fueyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:34 AM   #19
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Aammer
One question Kudane and Sokol,

Will a new Vertical Hotbutton Window be available with this new version? Works nicely one a 1024x768 resolution, which is what I use now. Or will the old addon still be compatible?

you can find that in the other files listed in the vert category.

ALSO!!!

COMPASS IS FIXED!! Re-uploaded current version with "A" with compass fix.

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:34 AM   #20
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys

Jentraal: It's not an xml problem.. It's a graphic problem.. To fix it you would have to open up compass.tga in a graphics editor.. Then, you have to move the whole compass strip to the right 24 pixels... Then cut 24 pixels off the right side and paste it on the left side...

So that it looks like this one:

EDIT:: LOL Nevermind.. See above post
Attached Images
File Type: gif example_strip.gif (2.1 KB, 249 views)
-Hawkren (20 SHM)
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 01:25 AM   #21
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Default If you want to use it.

Just wanted to let you know that I have made an inventory for Vert 2.2 that has a done button, added the charm slot, and pulled the auto equip area out and made it visible. Just let me know and I can pack it up and get a copy to you guys. I'm currently at work so I can't post a picture, but the only thing that really changed is the equipment area has been changed to 4 wide (40pix more). This has caused a space under the equipment...this is where the auto equip box has been placed. The done button is in the lower left corner as seen in this picture (this is an older pic and doesn't have the other stuff!) Done Button Pic

Like I said, just let me know if you want a copy to put into the 2.5 version.

EDIT: Was missing Charm slot, soo i removed link for now... I appreciate the hard work, but it would undo one of our fixes.

Last edited by Kudane : 02-17-2003 at 02:14 AM.
forry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:13 AM   #22
Kudane
Co-Founder

Default Re: If you want to use it.

Quote:
Originally posted by forry
Just wanted to let you know that I have made an inventory for Vert 2.2 that has a done button, added the charm slot, and pulled the auto equip area out and made it visible. Just let me know and I can pack it up and get a copy to you guys. I'm currently at work so I can't post a picture, but the only thing that really changed is the equipment area has been changed to 4 wide (40pix more). This has caused a space under the equipment...this is where the auto equip box has been placed. The done button is in the lower left corner as seen in this picture (this is an older pic and doesn't have the other stuff!) Done Button Pic

Like I said, just let me know if you want a copy to put into the 2.5 version.

Good job, missed 1 thing... Charm Slot..

and as mentioned above.. .we have one coming out.. we are working on the best placement..

sooo be patient and you will get it!! attached is a screenshot of one of the first test version..

notice the auto equip area on left, and done button on bottom right..

no need to do this yourself. it will just get confusing for others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg done-button.jpg (83.0 KB, 354 views)

Last edited by Kudane : 02-17-2003 at 03:16 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:25 AM   #23
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

That's cool, but look at the picture in the following link. That is the new inv window. I'm using the picture that Theriwen posted to the boards a little while back.

Just letting you know its there and all yours if you wanted it.

EDIT: Sorry again...I just figured out what happened. You looked at the ful picture which is of the old Vert skin. Farther towards the top should be a picture of just the inventory and hotbutton windows. This is the updated one. Sorry about all the edits also (I have trouble thinking of everything all at one time )

Editted to remove link, apprecaite the work, but your going a different direction that we are, if you want to use the official versions and make mods we would appreciate it.. but untill then dont want people downloading to many different files, its creating extra work for Sokol and I - Kudane

Last edited by Kudane : 02-17-2003 at 03:19 AM.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:21 AM   #24
Kudane
Co-Founder

Forry,

I appreciate the work your doing, I truely do.. but you would be better to send Sokol and I a PM if you want to offer help with a file, otherwise your creating more work for us when someone downloads your fix, and then gets our fix that doesnt match.

please understand I am not censoring your work, but your working a different direction.. if you contact us by PM we can share more with you of what we are doing that will make more sense.

/bow
Old 02-17-2003, 03:28 AM   #25
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I'm sorry about it too. I realised my mistake after the second post. I knew you were not censoring the work (I just wasn't thinking very straight tonight - had to come into work on my night off) I like the looks of the window you have made and enjoy checking the site every day. Hopefully next time I try to help, I will remember to go about it in the correct way. Keep up the good work!
Old 02-17-2003, 05:48 AM   #26
cenador
A Bat

I get Error Loading Vert/ attempting to load default.

Any idea what im doing wrong?
cenador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:47 AM   #27
Lokes
A Ghoul

Server: Veeshan

I think you need to post your UIErrors.txt so they can see what the problems might be

*edit*
Btw I was thinking if you were making an old Inventory (thinking of the one with Auto Equip area in the middle and the items surrounding it) with new charm slot ?
*end edit*
Lokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:13 PM   #28
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol

Ok, first off, the charm slot is hooked up to nothing right now, and having been on the test server, theres more buttons that go in the inventory window, group window, selector window, and more files in the animations file to gett hem to work.
So makeing a bunch of changes to the inventory window right now and re-releasing each one is pointless at the moment. What I did do is make one that works on the test server, and just waiting for kudane to get me some TGA's to work with them, then well be set.

When we have a lot of partial patches going in for one big patch over the course of time, it always better to wait for ALL the changes to present them selves other wise we are tripleing our workload.

We always appreciate people helping make their versions of windows, but Kudane has a point, if you want to help were more then happy for it, but having multiple versions of a file out there, all of which will be obsolete in a week just makes people who download them frustrated.

Vert left the UI in my hands when he left, and I have never failed to come up with an update the same day a patch has broke soemthing. Kudane has joined me in this effort, and theres always room for more, but we need to have it be an organized effort so as not to confuse people.

Back for pop, a person released a patch he made which to this day people email me complaining this or that doesn't work thinking I made it. It's just easier for things like these to have communication and direction.

On a side note, the vert compass was always 45deg off, thats why we changed it temporarily to the old style compass, untill we had the time to fix it. Also Kudane and I are working to update many of verts features, and have just abotu finished a new UI Called Solaria, we've rescently started discussing just including some of our changes to vert and renaming it.

Kudane and I have put alot of effort into Making Vert what it is, and were not trying to stop people from making changes, we just want uniformity, and people to understand were updating it, and if something isn't relaeased right away like the charm slot the reason is that theres more coming in, and the slot doesn't work as of yet. I just have never liked releasing an update 4 times in the same month.

-Sokol
Sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 06:20 PM   #29
Sokol

Server: Ayonae Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Sokol Send a message via AIM to Sokol
Default Vert24 Test version.

Ok, this works for the test server.
I have NOT tested it on the standard servers, but it should work.
It includes (in rudimentary fasion)

The LFG button in the group window.
[will revamp this when Kudane gets me a good button image]

Inventory has the TINT, and FACE buttons, Charm slot, clearly defined auto equip, and a DONE button.
[NOTE: the bottom right button says destroy but is actualy the DONE button, I'm just waiting for Kudane to send me the new TGA file, then it will say DONE]

The Selector Window has all the new buttons.

Basicaly this is a temporary file with XML done just waiting for some image revamps, but it's a file requested to work with the test server.

-Sokol
Attached Files
File Type: zip test_server_2-17.zip (57.8 KB, 98 views)
Sokol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 10:46 PM   #30
Feebbwin
A Shissar Defiler

Default Re: Vert 2.4 Finally Released

Quote:

Pepto is a new Hot Pink theme that my wife insisted should be made for the women out there.

Hey...Pepto isn't just for girls...I LIKE IT.
Regards,
Feebb
Lvl 55 Manly-Man Paladin of Marr
Feebbwin is offline   Reply With Quote