Password

Old 12-10-2008, 03:10 AM   #1
Fenix8452
A Treant

Server: Tunare
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to Fenix8452
Default BlackUI updated

A newish minimalist UI is updated and ready to roll, you can find it here: Download BlackUI

It does borrow a few pieces, all of which I indicate in the notes there. Most of my borrowed pieces I've since made changes and modifications to as well. Give it a shot, and even more importantly please let me know what you like and dislike.

As is indicated in the notes for it, this started off just as a custom UI that I've used for a few years that was only designed with me in mind. Now I'm trying to make it with a little more mass appeal since a few of my friends have taken this UI for themselves and expect me to fix it each patch anyway.
Fenix8452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Fenix8452
A Treant

Updated and fixed this minimlist UI, now does not generate red text upon loading, group role indicators added to the player window, Myxipls's fixed raid window included.

I made a change to the hotbuttons just a few minutes ago from work so they all match the design. They should all work in theory, but I wasn't able to test them from here. If there is any problem with loading this, please let me know here and I will fix it very quickly. The error lines from the UIerrors.txt file would be useful as I don't have the EQ client to test it myself right now.

But since all I did was copy and paste the already working hotbutton code and changed numbers to match, it should work perfectly. Comments, suggestions, and critiques always welcome.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Fenix8452
A Treant

Quote:
Originally posted by MVG0614
Hello, I just downloaded your recent update and noticed some new issues. I used to have parts of your ui and some miscellaneous peices that I have grown quite fond of over the years... With the latest patch, I am unable to do this. It seems as soon as I include one of the random pieces my ui crashes and i'm back to default. Is there any way you could make modular pieces? Such as a file with only the buff/aura/song/compass/spellbar/hotbuttons/potion belt? Those are all I really use and then I add my other pieces.

Sorry if that made absolutely no sense... just thought I'd ask.

Great UI overall though.. if I can't have my other pieces I'd still use yours.

Answering here for the sake of being more readable.

It would be really helpful to have the text of your UIErrors.txt file in your everquest directory when you attempt to load this with other parts. For the most part, these all should be modular. Buffs and songs use the same image files, aura, compass and potion belt are all seperate and completely modular. Hotbuttons and spell bar use the shared file of black.tga I think, and that might be where the problem lay.

If you can't post your error text file, point me to the other pieces you are using and i'll try them out and figure it out myself.

I can certainly make every piece modular, I've just been lazy with it really.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #4
ihavenolife
A Bat

Default chat windows

Is there a way you can make the chat windows draggable? That is the only thing that I have any general issue with, I use many chat windows myself, and find it a bit annoying to have to resize many chat windows when I switch from windowed mode during normal times to fullscreen mode when I'm getting ready to do more challenging tasks.
ihavenolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 05:32 PM   #5
MVG0614
A Hill Giant

After a few hours of playing around I have been able to get "most" of the other pieces I was talking about back into the ui. The only two that are still causing me issues are the merc and group window. The merc window I can handle but the group window is just a tinch too small though I do like its layout. I found one by Myxiplx that has the same layout but a little bigger. Could I ask for your assistance in making this work with your ui?

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=5788
MVG0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #6
Fenix8452
A Treant

@ihavenolife: Sure, I can put the title bars back on them and they will then be able to be moved around and minimized. I'll put it into an add-on later tonight.

@MVG0614: I will look into it, I should be able to get the one from the link you posted working along side my other pieces, although I'm guessing that the error is with that group window in particular. Myxiplx has been absent for a while so I doubt his code is updated to the most recent patches.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #7
MVG0614
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix8452
@MVG0614: I will look into it, I should be able to get the one from the link you posted working along side my other pieces, although I'm guessing that the error is with that group window in particular. Myxiplx has been absent for a while so I doubt his code is updated to the most recent patches.

I doubt it... From my knowledge, if you remove a piece of ui the rest should remain there and only the one you removed should be defaulted. Instead the full ui goes to default when removing the group window/merc window. There is something in your coding that is requiring the group window... Its not JUST when I try to replace it with something else. I also tried grabbing a few other group windows to test.. Every single one(including one that was posted a few days ago) had the same effect.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
Fenix8452
A Treant

Found it with the UIerrors.txt file, these lines told me what was going on:

Code:
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_GaugeFill_Small[800] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_GaugeLines_Small[801] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_GaugeLinesFill_Small[802] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_GaugeEndCapRight_Small[803] referenced but NEVER declared! XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_GaugeEndCapLeft_Small[804] referenced but NEVER declared!

Basically I used the group window to declare specific animations for guages. Other pieces in my UI pull from those declarations. Newb error on my part, I'll get it patched and uploaded.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:11 PM   #9
Fenix8452
A Treant

@ihavenolife: Uploaded an "add-on" that is just the chat windows with the title box, so they are able to be dragged as a complete window instead of resizing them into place. Just have that add-on over-write the file of the same name. It is pending approval but should be up soon.

@MVG0614: Updated and uploaded the UI, so the pieces are no longer dependent on the group window anymore. Its pending approval. All the pieces SHOULD be modular at this point, but I did test it with the group window you linked and it now loads fine, although I believe that group window needs alot of updating to get working correctly again. But it does load with my UI now.

As usual, report any issues here.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #10
ascension2020
A Gray Wolf

Hey Fenix, thanks for such a great UI! It's the perfect UI as far as I'm concerned. I use it for all my toons, and I recommend it to everyone who's looking for a new UI ^^

There is one minor problem that I am having, and two requests, that I'm hoping you can help me out with.

The first is that hotbars 3-4 are now vertical instead of horizontal since the 4/30/2009 update. Is that intentional, or is that a bug? I opened up black.tga and the layout shows the hotbars to be horizontal, so I'm not sure why mine became vertical. Any ideas on how I can revert to the horizontal hotbars? I tried re-downloading the UI and re-loading it, but they are still vertical.

The second is, is it possible to add endurance to the window that shows my health and mana? I was thinking it would be nice to have a version with health / mana / endurance and a version with health / endurance. I tried modding it myself but I got lost.

Third, is it possible to extend the number of slots in the songs window? I frequently run out when I'm raiding, once all the auras / songs / etc are going.

Again, I really appreciate the UI and all the help you offer to people! Thanks for all your hard work?

Last edited by ascension2020 : 08-30-2009 at 11:43 AM.
ascension2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:48 PM   #11
MVG0614
A Hill Giant

Default Hello Fenix

I was just curious if you will be updating this UI for Underfoot's release? This is such a great UI and I would hate to see it vanish .
Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #12
Solstyss
A Gray Wolf

an update should be really nice, just back in eq and load this ui wich is my favourite one ! if someone could fix the hotbar 3 and 4 plz !
Solstyss is offline   Reply With Quote