Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 01-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
Quijenoth
A Gray Wolf

Default Drakah WoW Emulated Feature Requests

Hi Drakah, I recently returned to EQ after a 6 year break from gaming. Upon reinstalling EQ I immediately came here and downloaded the wow emulated UI I used all those years ago.

Its great to see its still getting updated and supported after all this time.

I have noticed a few limitations though.

The first is the size of the buff icons. they fill up so much room now that we can have so many active buffs.

Request 1: would it be possible to have a reduced size version by say 40 to 60% smaller.

alternatively could someone guide me through using an alternate buff window from another set with this in the meantime?

Request 2: Im not sure if this has been brought up before but would it be possible to add mana and endurance bars to the player window? as a bard we have combat abilities that use endurance and songs that use mana so it would be nice to be able to see both.

thanks for your consideration on these and for all your hard work over the years.
Quijenoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I will take a look at what I have but all interfaces I have created do not get user-modified alterations anymore due to too many UI edit patches for each piece created.

You can try to drop a different buff window in there but it could break the UI as there might be elements in that window specifically that is used in others. See the UI Errors log file to tell you what went wrong.

As far as the Mana/End window, I believe it was either Mana or Endurance to show. If you want both, then they need to Overlap each other. So when you mana is low, you will see the gauge behind it.

You would need to edit the Player window, and find a section:

<Gauge item="Player_Fatigue">
<ScreenID>PlayerFatigue</ScreenID>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>85</X>
<Y>500</Y>
</Location>

...and change <Y>500</Y> to <Y>50</Y>

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:21 PM   #3
Quijenoth
A Gray Wolf

Thanks for quick reply Drakah.

I understand about the edit on request thing. I was more looking at a general "fix" to the buff window in regards to the changes that have happened to the game. like when you had to increase the space (or reduce the font size) when HPs values started to grow beyond the space allowed.

The buff limitation is only really a factor when raiding and for now I have set the window 2 buffs high which eats up a lot of my screen but at least lets me see when I am cursed or de-buffed during a raid fight.

If i made the changes correctly changing from 500 to 50 simply puts the endurance gauge on top of the mana right? what would I need to do (if possible) to split the bar in half to show Mana and End?
Quijenoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

That is a whole different thing to do what you are explaining and would require a new set of code to accommodate new sizing and a new 1/2 size graphic. If you stretch the bar, it would just look stretched and crappy looking. Someday I could look at this but it isnt something on my radar atm. I would however, recommend the "Krome UI" that shows both Mana/Endurance numbers, not the bar. But if you are a fan of the Warcraft, I am not sure I can honestly say I would come out with an alteration.

As for the buff window, I run 1080x1050 windowed and all the buffs are at the top of my screen with the name underneath it.
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote