User Name
Password

Old 02-02-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
LolanG
A Bat

Server: Vazaelle, Vallon Zek
Send a message via AIM to LolanG
Talking I need a UI I can use...PLEASE

OK, I've been using a certain ranger UI for a few months now that was AWESOME-simple and functional-with pretty colors! But it's been changed and lost its awesomeness (It simply takes up too much room now due to redesign), and now I simply cannot find what I'm looking for, or I'm seeing it and don't realize it due to my lack of 'real' knowledge on the subject.
All I want is a STREAMLINED UI, with adjustable windows. I DO NOT want the names of spells or buffs sitting next to or anywhere near the icons, a simple rollover text is enough for me. That's really my biggest issue. I have limited space and don't want to look at works of art on my screen, or some nice t.king textures scarred by futuristic looking chat boxes next to it, or half paragraphs naming some super buff when I already have an icon sitting RIGHT THERE, there's enough to see already. Besides, if you know your class AND your enemy you should be at least familiar with where stuff is and what's being cast anyway-not all knowing- just familiar (Even if the icons are similar you should still know or have an idea...). I've been searching for a buff box that doesnt have words and is adjustable (I like my buffs box across the top of my screen, with icons smaller than EQ default-again I like t.king icons) but I haven't found it-Well I had it, but I lost it due to redesign. (that's what triggered this) But I may just be blind and stupid...
I wish I knew code, I'd do it myself, but I'm a busy cat and don't have time to learn xml (or whatever I would need to learn) just so I can have a logical and efficient UI -> This means LIMITED wasted space due to design or creativity, and being funcional as far as adjustabity or stacking of multiple different boxes-I might want to stack different ones than you. Don't mash stats/clickers box with status (mana,xp, health) box because now I have a HUGE box I have to make room for. Leave it as two streamlined boxes and let me find a spot to put them. Buffs box, chat windows are the two biggies as far as adjustablity goes, and the rest of the boxes should be somewhat, no, more like EXACTLY dimensionally similar - as you can get em - so they can be "TETRIS"ed according to my (or whoever's) wants and needs. It just seems to me that these should be the <basic requirements> for someone who wants their custom UI to be widely used and praised by all who want to use it. Design it as functional and useable by many, then add neato stuff.
WOW, what a rant, that FELT GREAT!!! Woot!!! OK, flame away or tell me how incredibly stoopid I am, but when you're done, point me in the right direction. Thanks.
12 Ranger~Vallon Zek
~>Today IS the tomorrow you were worrying about yesterday.<~
LolanG is offline   Reply With Quote