Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > Interface Wish List
User Name
Password

Old 04-22-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
Chyll
A Bat

Server: Bristlebane
Default health percentages

I would like to be able to remove the health percentage from my health bar, my target bar, and my group window bars. I have wanted it out ever since Sony put it in...I have given up making requests to EQ to have a toggle added to allow players to turn it off. I have tried editing things myself and setting it up as a new UI, but I must be doing something wrong. It doesn't seem to matter what I take out, the percents stay there. So...to get to the point, how do I take the percents out? I want it to look just like the default UI, I'm happy with it...except for the percents.
Chyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #2
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Here's the easiest way.

There are four windows where you're likely to see percents on health bars: group, player, target, and targetoftarget.

You should make a new folder in your uifiles folder, call it Nopercent. Copy these four files from uifiles/default folder to your new uifiles/nopercent folder:

EQUI_GroupWindow, EQUI_PlayerWindow, EQUI_TargetWindow, EQUI_TargetOfTargetWindow.

Open each of the files with a text editor such as notepad and scroll all the way down to the end. Near the end you see a 'pieces' section.

Delete any of the pieces lines that refer to HPLabel or HPPercLabel. You'll delete a total of sixteen lines: ten in the groupwindow, two in targetwindow, two in playerwindow, and two in targetoftargetwindow.

That's it... you now have a UI called Nopercent that doesn't show the percents. Log in to the game and set your character to use that UI.

There will be a big red error message when you start it, because of the lines you deleted, but it will work fine.

Last edited by Sylphan : 04-24-2005 at 10:22 AM.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:09 PM   #3
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

Or if even that message bothers you ( i know it irritates me to no end lol) you can use the search feature in notepad and look for each label piece you would have removed and just reset one of the coordinates ( x or y will work) to something like 2000 this way its well out of the viewable area. get the same effect , little extra work but you wont get error messages either. make sure to save them in a seperate folder as in the previous example.