Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Archive
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2003, 02:37 PM   #1
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Fyste's SarsUI Mod

I've been playing with Sars 3.0 for a long time, and after the last round of messes ( errr changes ) that came with the bard buff window, I decided to post my changes as a complete set.

Basically I loved the SarsUI, but it didn't fit well on a 1024x768 screen so I started playing with it to make it fit. The more I changed the more I found I COULD change... and the more I kept changing things until I think I've touched every piece of the original UI at least a little.

So, here's my mod:

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...nfo.php?id=1006

Screenshot:

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...iew.php?id=1006

This is the first full UI I've posted ( even though it's just a mod ), so I'd love feedback! I've already got ideas for a complete UI done from scratch that I'll start working on pretty soon

MANY many many thanks to Sars for the initial work on the UI, and lots of other modders here that I either borrowed pieces from or learned from!

Enjoy!

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Old 01-22-2003, 03:57 PM   #2
Kunis Marfury
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Sébilis

nm, wt

Last edited by Kunis Marfury : 01-22-2003 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:07 PM   #3
Vrenna
A Bat

So will your mod only work on 1024x768, or will it work on higher resolutions? By the way, it looks great!
Old 01-22-2003, 05:10 PM   #4
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Thanks

It will fit on 1024 x 768 or any res higher than that. The old SarsUI didn't fit on 1024 x 768, only higher.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:15 PM   #5
Randy
A Ghoul

It looks so good ! I'm a long-time fan of Sars work, but I couldn't play correctly, as I'm using only 1024x768 resolution (my computer is kinda old).

I'm gonna try it as soon as possible with my Warrior. Great job again ! Love the look and I'm sure it fits perfectly in 1024x768 reso.

~Randy
Old 01-23-2003, 02:42 PM   #6
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

I used a customized version of the KiezLoc /feedback window because at the time he didn't have a version that would write HelpWindows automatically. I just found the updated one posted in the Misc area that can write either Help or Feedback windows, and allows the full functionality of customizable locs and colors.

Definately grab this if you like the Kiez loc window I used:

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...info.php?id=945

Thanks Kiez !!
Old 01-23-2003, 02:45 PM   #7
Ulaa
A Ghoul

Server: Prexus
Send a message via Yahoo to Ulaa
Default Beautiful work

The modifications to Sars UI are fantatstic. I have been using Sars for a long time, this just makes it all the sweeter. The only change I am going to make is to replace your LOC window with the Eqatlas MAPS widow
Old 01-25-2003, 02:28 AM   #8
Nogzor
A Gray Wolf

Default Great work.

I love what you've done with this UI, especially the group info. I admit I'm a picky bastard, and this is the first complete UI that I have yet to try and replace pieces, but I also admit, that I have one small problem. I like to see the names of my buffs, and therefore the song window leaves a bit to be desired for me. I was wondering if you were perhaps working on a song window that would be vertical and fit to the right side of the screen? I think it would work quite nicely. Aside from that, this is beautiful, you and Sars are both quite fantastic.

Edit: my bad, had my directions backwards, was hoping for the song window to fit to the -left- side of the screen.

- Noogie Nithrilad, 53 Rogue Bertoxxulous
- Nogzor Shortbus, 50 Cleric Bertoxxulous
Old 01-25-2003, 10:10 PM   #9
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

It took me a long time to get a grip on how the song / buff windows work... and now that I know, I doubt you'll ever see a left-side buff window with names to the right. I could be wrong... but I don't see how it can be done right now.

I'll think about it... and if I find a way I'll post. But I think because of the way the buffs are forced to line up ( right to left, then top to bottom ) there's no way to add the space for the names without having the buffs move all over the window
Old 01-25-2003, 10:15 PM   #10
Darkrigel
EverQuest Addict

Server: Xegony, Test
Send a message via ICQ to Darkrigel Send a message via AIM to Darkrigel Send a message via MSN to Darkrigel Send a message via Yahoo to Darkrigel

I just wanted to tell you how much i reall y enjoyed this Revamped Sars mod. Thanks for taking the time to do it and then post it for us

Click Pic for Magelo

"Its more mana efficient to rez a ranger than Heal one........" - Ximet Takesabeatin, Xegony Server
Old 01-26-2003, 12:54 AM   #11
Nogzor
A Gray Wolf

Default Regarding difficulty

Being that I have absolutely no idea how to write XML coding, I honestly can't say a thing as to the difficulty of getting a left aligned buff window. What I can say is that the majority of the ones I've used have been so. The one I used longest before I switched to your mod is linked here:

http://eqinterface.com/sdownload/fileinfo.php?id=211

maybe you can browse that XML and figure out the secret. If not it's no biggie, I can just use his old right aligned one and still have my treasured buff names.

Old 01-26-2003, 02:20 AM   #12
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

First off, thank you everyone for all the praise! It was fun... and I'm glad people like the mod so much!!

As to the left-side buff window...

/BONK ME!

Of course... I see how they did it now, I can do that for ya no problem! Will take a look at that this week

*EDIT* Hmm... BUT... they changed the spell icons to do that. If I did that, I'd have to change the regular buff bar to look like that as well. Not a hard change... if you want both buff bars to look like that?

Last edited by Fyste : 01-26-2003 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-26-2003, 05:46 AM   #13
Nogzor
A Gray Wolf

I'm running in 1024x768 so the main buff bar takes up a majority of the right side of my screen (17 inch monitor). Currently I have his old song bar underneath it, which means I have to either close the actions window or have it on the left side -above- the target/player window ... which I can assume you understand is a bit of an annoyance. So if you could make simply the SD buff for left side, that would be perfect, allowing me to have my actions window back where it used to be, and not cramping one side with too many buffs. Either way though, don't go out of your way just to change something to my personal preferences, I am only one person in the entirety of EQ.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:34 AM   #14
Ruarik
A Ghoul

Send a message via ICQ to Ruarik Send a message via AIM to Ruarik

that is cool lookin
Old 01-29-2003, 09:44 PM   #15
Barvy
A Fire Beetle

Default question

I love the UI, there is one question I have. Is it possible to remove the inventory slots from the side of the main box? If it isn't too hard can you possibly make me a main box without it there. Thanks for the great work.