Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-10-2003, 05:26 PM   #1
deviantelf
A Gray Wolf

Default Long Name Target by dkny23... syntax error

I downloaded Long Target Name by Dkny23, I had the old one by Remelio and like it alot, but I'd like even more to have the con color in the window like Dkny23 has done.

link to page with download and info here...
http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa....php?s=&id=2711

When I try adding it to my ui folder and load that UI I get the default UI. Knowing I've probably missed some files that eq added and changed over time and for trouble shooting purposes I deleted the default UI folder, did a complete file check on the patcher. Then copied the default folder and named it Test and just added the EQUI_TargetWindow.xml file.

This is what the UIErrors.txt says:

UIErrorLog created at Mon Nov 10 17:06:12 2003
[Mon Nov 10 17:06:13 2003] [Line:8 Source:UIFiles\Test\EQUI_TargetWindow.xml] ParseNodeList() SyntaxError
[Mon Nov 10 17:06:13 2003] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

I also tried downloading the file a couple times to make sure it didn't get corrupted in transit or anything but I get the same error each time.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
deviantelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:35 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Then copied the default folder

Don't do that step. The only files that should be in your custom folder are files that have actually been customized. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for a world of headache, as every time SOE changes any little tiny thing in any window, you will most probably have a UI that no longer works.

From the looks of the error message, there is an error in the window you downloaded. The author has (most likely) forgotten an opening or closing statement, or a partial statement (ie < > bracket missing, etc).

You can look to see if they have released an updated functional one, you can try going through the file yourself (start with the line number specified in the error log) or zip it up and attach it here and hopefully someone will have a chance to take a look at it, find and fix the error.
Cairenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:59 PM   #3
deviantelf
A Gray Wolf

I thought you had to do that for mods, that's what I'd read here back when we could first customize the UI, but that admittedly was a really long time ago. Thanks for letting me know that .

Although I did find for troubleshooting purposes it will make life a lot easier to copy all the files. I deleted everything in my UItest directory and just copied the target window I want... loaded that UI in game then looked at the error text... it has an error for every single file that should be in the directory instead of just the error for what's wrong with the target file. Although I can see how it will make life easier for real UI folder . Although I was happy I had the old action window recently, playing on a pvp server I'd much rather have the Who than the Find.

I'd forgotten it tells you the line error /bonkself I'll be looking at them and seeing if I can work it out. Thanks.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:19 PM   #4
deviantelf
A Gray Wolf

simple question, line numbers... the very first line is 1, the next line is 2... etc or does it work differently... like I changed something in line 8, won't bother getting into atm since I don't know if it really helped or not, but now it has an error in line 2... but this is line 2: and just below I've copied line 2 from the default file... sigh.

- <XML ID="EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage">
- <XML ID="EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage">

And once while messing around I had an error in line 1: and then line 1 from default copied just below it
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<?xml version="1.0" ?>

both lines look exactly the same to me

or are these both blanket errors? just meaning something somewhere in the file is wrong.

I've got 2 monitors and I've got the different files on different screens so I don't confuse them yet can compare things if I want. I realize the mod file will be different in some ways, but I was hoping to find something easy to fix lol.
Old 11-28-2003, 12:50 PM   #5
SpamFilter
A Fire Beetle

Thumbs down . . . . . . .

I have the same problem with Long Name Target modification by dkny23. If I try to load it the target window just reverts back to the default one. But that's not the strangest thing, I have about 10 UI mods loaded and about half of them revert back to default when I try to load dkny23's Long Target Window. If I simply put the original Remelio window back everything reverts back to normal modified UI.

I have been using the original Remelio Long Target Window and that works fine. Unfortunately I have no idea how to edit XML files. But does anyone else know how to patch this? I love the original Remelio window but would like it with color too.
SpamFilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 01:24 PM   #6
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by deviantelf
I thought you had to do that for mods, that's what I'd read here back when we could first customize the UI, but that admittedly was a really long time ago. Thanks for letting me know that .

This changed in Sept of 2002, SOE made the change that any file NOT found in the custom UI folder is automatically pulled from the default.

our FAQ has been updated for a very long time with this info...

As Cairenn said... doing this sets up a WORLD of hurt.. trust me (and her) you just don't want to do it!

/bow

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 05:38 AM   #7
Fernix
A Treant

Unhappy Fix?

so is some one going to fix this? been waiting for ever is the only target window i like........fix would be good right about now.......

Henya Preyator
Fernix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 10:59 AM   #8
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz

The long name target window that I use is from Trancendence. I haven't had any problems with it since its introduction. Feel free to download it from here.

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:08 AM   #9
Fernix
A Treant

that is the same one i have now, but still no con color in the bar can anyone take that mod and just add the color and post it?
Old 01-29-2004, 11:24 AM   #10
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Talking Here ya go!

Here's a zip of my target window with the fixes involved. Enjoy!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 01:57 PM   #11
Fernix
A Treant

WOOT! it does work but when i put it in my UI files it only show's a small line....loaded a new UI with just it and works fine tho...time to rework my files i think....
Old 01-29-2004, 04:50 PM   #12
Fernix
A Treant

Question odd....

will got all the downloads done...i use the TKing class icon's and also the ranger arrow curser....ever time it ask me to patch the remmy thing i do then load the skin it crashes it back to defalut UI take out the files i just patched and works fine this mean i cant use any of the cool TKing things? or anyone know a fix for this now or i just doing some thing wrong...agine....
Old 03-01-2004, 03:09 AM   #13
SpamFilter
A Fire Beetle

Default thumbs up

Your own modifications to the long name work perfectly. I have waited a long time for someone to fix dkny23's long name target window.
This should be posted in the downloads section for everyone to download.
SpamFilter is offline   Reply With Quote