Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-14-2003, 01:00 PM   #16
Wign
A Fire Beetle

Server: Bertoxx
Default Update??

Is this auto updated or do we need to download a new batch of .txt's when there's a patch?
Wign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 01:19 PM   #17
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

need to download every time theres a patch.
FennyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:44 PM   #18
download91
An Icepaw Kobold

Default Problems?...

I have a problem with the spell list.

I installed it like you said but when I go to check the list I only get so far...

I open the journal window, load foofy spells, click on the class but then I cant click on the spell names to get data on them.. Is that supposed to happen or did i do something wrong?
download91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 02:35 PM   #19
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

it sounds like not everything got extracted from the zip file. using explorer, check to make sure you have the following (pretend everquest is installed in c:\program files\everquest):

a file: c:\program files\everquest\storyline\storyFoofySpells.txt
a folder: c:\program files\everquest\storyline\foofy
a folder: c:\program files\everquest\storyline\foofy\data

in the foofy folder there should be a bunch of files named things like ALL06-01.TXT, ONOTHER-071.TXT etc.

in the data folder there should be a ton of files named like 0001.TXT, 3586.TXT etc.

it sounds to me like only some files were extracted, maybe even just the main index (storyFoofySpells.txt). or maybe you ran out of disk space while extracting, or maybe the extract process was interrupted in the middle. just try to extract the zipfile again, and make sure you extract everything; because there is a lot

Last edited by FennyX : 10-15-2003 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:44 PM   #20
download91
An Icepaw Kobold

Ok, I get it now. I'll try this right away. What I did last time was put them in e:\everquest\storyline\---here I put the main file--
the the rest were in e:\everquest\storyline\foofy
Thanks.
download91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 07:28 PM   #21
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

the lucy download server has been fixed so foofyspells is current once again
Old 11-17-2003, 03:40 AM   #22
Vulcon
A Gray Wolf

Great work, love it.
200 Fishing, Research & Candlestick Making
Master of 25 Languages
/join Zebuxoruk.Vulcon:Vulcon (to find me)
http://www.iratuslepus.org/profile.asp?Name=Vulcon
Vulcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:09 PM   #23
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

allakhazam has taken over the lucy site, but they are still providing downloads so as long as they keep it up, I can update foofyspells
Old 12-02-2003, 05:05 AM   #24
Kerilar Oakenfe
A Bat

Default Question

I love this UI mod, its extreemly useful. I had an idea that I was thinking about trying for myself, but maybe you know an easier way to do it than I do.... what about a Illia's Bestiary conversion? Like mobs by zone, and the basic stats that Illia has listed? Do you run a script to compile the data from Lucy or do you do it by hand? If you did it by script itd be easy ( i assume, I dont know how to write something like that though) but if it had to be done by hand it would be unfeasable.
Kerilar Oakenfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 11:00 AM   #25
Lothay
A Shissar Defiler

He can do this because LUCY provides the data from their database in a downloadable format. Alla's and Illia's do not.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:17 AM   #26
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

yeah exactly. i just run a script on the db that lucy lets us download. if allakhazam & illia did the same sure, i'd do it tomorrow but being a pay-site thats prolly wishful thinking; in fact, i sort of expect allakhazam to stop allowing downloads soon now that they own lucy.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:58 AM   #27
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

The 11-15 version of the db from allakhazam had some old data in there, while the 11-05 version from lucy was correct. Two problems with the 11-15 allakhazam version were a missing Soul Clasp entry and Vampire Kiss having fire resist.

This new 12-06 db from allakhazam seems to fix these problems. Please let me know if you find further errors.

Thanks for the PM, I did try to reply but your box was full. As for the range listing on Nova Inferno, there's two ranges associated with targetted ae spells: caster to target, and radius about target. In foofyspells, Nova Inferno shows a range of 200 and an AE-range of 300. Lucy isnt showing the range field for targetted AE spells, only the AE-range field. I could change this in foofyspells if it's confusing, but I sort of like to see both.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:59 AM   #28
Epix
A Fire Beetle

When I try to extract this, it all goes in the same folder (storyline). If it's supposed to extract into various and sundry folders, it's not happening. Maybe I'm WinZip impaired. Please type slower for my rented brain, and try again to explain just how to extract this so that it works.

Thank you so much.

EDITED: NM! I actually had a moment of sense and figured it out. It might help people like me to indicate that you extract everything into the whatever/whatever/whatever/storyline -- just tell them what to enter into the extract line. Otherwise, most of us idiots will put it all in the storyline folder via drag & drop.

Speaking for idiots everywhere, thank you for your consideration!

Last edited by Epix : 12-25-2003 at 03:14 AM.
Epix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 03:45 PM   #29
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

for the gates of discord patch i added a bunch of backlinks. inusan up above had a great idea and i've put that in along with links to other places.

for the ppl having trouble with install i modded the FAQ at the beginning of this thread to try helping out; its not much of a FAQ i guess, only two questions
Old 02-26-2004, 06:15 PM   #30
FennyX
A Shissar Defiler

well it looks like what i feared when allakhazam took over lucy has happened. they are no longer providing downloads of the database.

i've started work on my own spdat parser, but i dont know how long it will take. i have the calc formulas already, but not the duration ones, if someone knows of a source i'd appreciate hearing about it.