Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-27-2002, 02:26 PM   #1
Astin
A Ghoul

Default Vertical Gauges? Animated Cursors?

Ok in advance, I apologize for my frequint questions. I have decided to start making a Paladin mod (from my recent sketches, it looks like it could double as a warrior mod- working on ways to make it unique to pallies) and I don't know much about XML.

Anyway, is it possible to make a gauge verticle? I have some gret ideas, IE hourglasses and dripping swords, but I don't know if its possible (or feasable- I have little XML experience).

Or, does anyone know a current UI with a verticle gauge? If so please by all means post me a link, I can try to dig into the XML and find it.

Also- Oguler, I know you did this with your Beastlord UI, how did you get that animated cursor in there (XML side- I can do the graphics part)?? I would be interested in doing the same thing with the Fiery Defender.
Astin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 05:25 PM   #2
Piroutte
A Gray Wolf

Server: Xegony
Send a message via Yahoo to Piroutte

I am anxiously awaiting a FD cursor. Please let me know if/when you get your mods complete. Thanks for thinking about us.

www.the-commune.com
Piroutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 06:12 PM   #3
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Vetical Gauges - I do believe it's possible, but it takes a HUGE amount of xml to do, and when you load it up in eq it lags out really bad. There's a thread somewhere about it, forgot where though.

Animated Cursors -

This may be tough for me to explain but here I go.

You take the image, of say, a flaming sword. Make a new picture file, you'll want it all transparent except for the thing you want to be the cursor. You put the first picture of the flaming sword in the upper left corner of the picture. Then you put another sword beside it, only changing the flames a bit. Then put another beside that one, and keep doing it until you either get all the pictures for the animation, or space runs out. It doesn't really matter where you put them on the picture, but I think it's better to be organized. Look at the PointerPieces.png file Oguler has in his interface. I'll attach it in a zip.

Then you open up the animations file, then at the top after the follow lines

Code:
<?xml version = "1.0"?> <XML ID = "EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage"> <Schema xmlns = "EverQuestData" xmlns:dt = "EverQuestDataTypes"/>

after that part, put in something like

Code:
<TextureInfo item = "MyCursor.png"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>256</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo>

The extention on the pic can be tga or something though, just using png as an example.

Next, search down for

Code:
<!-- Cursors -->

Below that you should see this(using Oguler's animation file for the example).

Code:
<Ui2DAnimation item = "A_DefaultCursor"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>PointerPieces.png</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>48</CX> <CY>48</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>2</X> <Y>2</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>64</Duration> </Frames>

Notice there's no </Ui2DAnimation> at the end of it. It's because this is only the FIRST frame. His next lines are...

Code:
<Frames> <Texture>PointerPieces.png</Texture> <Location> <X>48</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>48</CX> <CY>48</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>2</X> <Y>2</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>8</Duration> </Frames>

See how the location changes? The location is at the top left corner of the image you want to use. Then you set the size and it'll "select" the area to the right and down of the set location.

Repeat the above code for any other frames of animation you want.

I hope that helps you.

BTW, I'll zip up the image Oguler uses for his animated cursor and his animation file so you can take a look at it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cursor.zip (36.8 KB, 19 views)
They have taken the bridge and the second hall.. We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming......
Kaenil Darkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2002, 11:30 AM   #4
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default clarification

Vertical gauges - NO
A bunch of horizontal gauges that appear to work like a vertical gauge - YES (hence the LAG)
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote