Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 09-27-2003, 04:12 AM   #76
Grimbika
A Gray Wolf

i just marked all the dungeon entrances on my map so i no longr need the compass to direct me hehe, thanks for trying though, i still use your UI and prolly will for a long time, its just great
Grimbika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #77
Slizerzak
A Gray Wolf

I have a few questions i tryed to edit the player window with sidlwidl i wanted to move the hp and exp bars around and the window wont show up its all white? And is there anyway u could realease a version with the oldschool blue marble texture like they had before the new UI that would make this the ultimate oldschool ui.
Slizerzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 02:12 PM   #78
potatofarmer
A Gray Wolf

Default 10-9-03

im sure u know of it... but im signing up for the forum so i get emailed with new updates...

i hope u can manage the new pet window, i really wanna check that out

been using your UI for my mage first, then ALL characters... just have 1 minor problem... my pet heal now does ~36-37% of my pet's HP so i like knowing his HP, and my /pet health hotkey doesnt work when casting (of course)

just a request: can you get pet HP % in the pet window, like the HP/mana % on the player info? would be a big help to me

thx much,
Elvenripper, Mithaniel Marr
65Mage
Old 10-10-2003, 01:23 AM   #79
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Server: Lanys
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I will start updating this UI tomorrow.. Shouldn't take longer than a day or two.. Was hoping to do it today but had to goto work

PotatoFarmer:

1st: I hope I can manage the new pet buffs in this UI.. Dunno how Im gonna do it yet..

2nd: There's a patch somewhere in this thread that will do it for the current version.. But I will add it to the main UI downloads since that patch will be obsolete and I don't know why I left it out to begin with
-Hawkren (20 SHM)
Talyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 01:41 PM   #80
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Adding the pet buffs to this UI is a PITA... I'm thinking, I may have to just leave em out but make it error free..

Or, take the pet window off the side panel there and make it like the default pet window... Only problem is then you'll have a giant blank spot there and I don't know what to fill in the gap with..

Would empty marble or wood look ok there?

I can probably do both and leave it up to the user to decide also..

Any Ideas as to what to fill it up there with?
Old 10-12-2003, 04:07 AM   #81
Vectorr Ris
A Fire Beetle

How about leave the pet window where it is but nest the buffs and the pet info/buttons in separate 'pages' like the Actions menu.
Vectorr Ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:26 PM   #82
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

A new version is uploaded and awaiting moderation..

I decided to put the pet buffs under your buffs..

Only problem is only way to turn them off is by closing the pet window.. I included a pet window with no buffs if you don't need them there..

I also darkened the wood version a bit this time around...

Check it out here.

Enjoy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ospetwindow.jpg (10.1 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by Talyns : 10-12-2003 at 09:47 PM.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:53 PM   #83
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Quote:
Originally posted by Slizerzak
I have a few questions i tryed to edit the player window with sidlwidl i wanted to move the hp and exp bars around and the window wont show up its all white? And is there anyway u could realease a version with the oldschool blue marble texture like they had before the new UI that would make this the ultimate oldschool ui.

Sorry I missed this before...

First:
I dunno what's up with sidlwidl.. Doesn't like my coding style I guess

Second:
versions 1.0 - 1.2 had a version sorta like that and not many people downloaded it.. Maybe on some rainy day I will go ahead and re-do it but no plans for it at this time.. Sorry..

To everyone else:
The new version has been accepted and is ready for download.. You can use the links in the First Post.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:31 PM   #84
potatofarmer
A Gray Wolf

Default 2.4 viewport

Viewport isnt set in the INI so if anyone wants to fix it i figured it out... load up the UI and log ur char, type:
/viewport 128 0 768 576
be safe all =)
potatofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:44 PM   #85
Luminea
A Snow Griffin

Server: Rathe
Send a message via ICQ to Luminea Send a message via AIM to Luminea

Great UI. very functional. Only thing i get bored with is staring at wood, wondering if you could load up that steel look that i see in alot of UI's.
It would give me something to keep swamping out so i have constant eye candy.
Plus im a very mechanical/techo drawn visual person. the steel IMO would work really well with the layout of this UI.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-18-2003, 11:07 AM   #86
Seeiel
A Wooly Rhino

I'm a big Pokemon fan and was wondering if you'd be able to make one with a collage of pokemon for the window scheme instead of wood or purple, etc... or if you could tell me how to do it on my own. Thanks in advance!
Old 10-18-2003, 03:25 PM   #87
ÆÆÆÆ
A Shissar Defiler

Tal - when I load your UI only the default comes up - no XML error in red in the chat window, just nothing... it loads for 3 mins then just the default UI appears. Why is this? Are the updated UIzips missing some XML files?
ÆÆÆÆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 05:01 AM   #88
Talyns
The Tablets Guy

Sorry, About the delay with the patch and being MIA.. My game time ran out and I was going to try to break away from EQ/Modding.. But we all know how that goes..

I will see about adding the con idicator later in the week..
Should be usable for now.. Just won't get the con indicator in the target window.. Should get the ring if you did this .

Thanks for pointing that out potato farmer.. I will fix that..

ÆÆÆÆ: I hope you got it working.. Sounds like you have a folder in a folder.. Let me know if you still need help..

Sorry Seeiel and Luminea.. I have no plans for any graphic mods..

Sorry to say it but:
Really I have no plans for this UI besides keeping it updated for the patches.. If anyone wants to mod the graphics or tweak the UI feel free..

I originally created this mod for myself to use.. But I have moved on from it and created Tablets.. (which was originally going to be oldschool 3.0)

Any one who uses this UI should check out Tablets set up with the 1024x768 viewport ini..

Last edited by Talyns : 11-10-2003 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:38 PM   #89
Tegadan
A Gray Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Tegadan

Hey Talyns!

Any new updates needed for the december patch? Still love the UI!
Tegadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 03:44 PM   #90
potatofarmer
A Gray Wolf

Default 12-18 patch

As the 12-18 patch has brought in combat abilities, theres yet another window no1 has space for. I've seen the size of the combat abilities window.... and with smaller hotkeys it can be made a little bit smaller. Is there any way that combat abilities can be a tab (like inventory/clickies) with pet commands? I have 4 chat boxes (2 original that came with oldschool Main Chat and Melee/Spells, and 2 100% transparent windows above: Tells and Spam) so i have no more space for windows. It's too bad the window can't be minimized and have it flash when an ability is available.

Anyway, I hope that the new window can be tabbed in (or maybe if it needs to be its own number, when you click on the II in pet window it goes 100% transparent and brings the abilities window to the front, and same for the abilities window when you click I).

I love your UI Talyns and i hope you keep the updates coming =)
potatofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote