Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2002, 11:45 PM   #1
Mileron
A Fire Beetle

Exclamation Installing UI Modifications

So far, I've not had any problems with actual window mods.
However, if i use something such as the Lambent_blue mod by Kudane, or Floop! by Tephrox, I have problems.

I made a copy of my default uifiles folder. Pasted it. Then I unzipped the files from the Floop! zip file into that folder. Logged in. /loadskin floop. The window arrangement itself changed a tad. Log out. Log back in. The window selector is blue now, as are the inventory hotbuttons I've made, and some of the window outlines. But no cool background. So I loadskin floop again, and log out. Restart PC. Re-log in. Same problem.
I can take things like the updated tracking (for non-rangers) window, or the updated player info windows, and get something changed. However, whenever I apply a full modification skin (including the one from EQDruids at http://pub50.ezboard.com/feqdruids2...icID=1497.topic , to make sure I wasn't nuts), I only get the fringe benefits of the mod.
Little curly-cues of color.

Am I doing anything wrong?
Mileron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 06:09 AM   #2
arantius
A Crystal Gargoyle

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

As if this could surprise anyone, VI screwed up. See the second (at time I'm writing this) news post on www.eqinterface.com. Oh hell I might as well quote it right here:

Quote:
Post Patch Addendum: Something has changed with the "default" backgrounds only 1 of the 2 background images seem to be loading from "skin" files. I am sure they will be fixing it shortly, soo yes you installed it correctly if your still seeing grey hot buttons and inventory screen background.

"Also, with Verant caching the graphics now, it is like the files window_pieces01.tga and wnd_bg_light_rock.tga don't want to load up because they are initially loaded by the character select screen, so any skins/mods that use those 2 files will not work correctly for the time being.." (per Oguler, thanks Oguler)

This personally pissed the hell out of me, because I had changed the linesfill image, to put the blue line in my XP bar back in the middle where it used to be, and got rid of those way-too-small-to-see-much-less-try-to-count tick marks they added. They broke that and I spent hours trying to fix it before I read this.
Old 08-01-2002, 06:27 AM   #3
Nennayan
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Brell Serilis
Send a message via ICQ to Nennayan Send a message via AIM to Nennayan

Just take your modded window_pieces01.tga and rename it, then add a new texture definition to the EQUI_animations.xml, as well as new definitions for the new gauges, having them point to the new file, but using all the same dimensions as the old gauge types.

This should work as long as you don't change the SIZE of the gauges.