Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 07-31-2002, 07:30 AM   #1
hardwired13
A Bat

Default Icons are gone, where'd they go?

I'll try to make this short.

I customized a UI and got it just about the way I wanted it. Camped out to the character select screen and ate dinner. Logged back into EQ, and the icons on the window selector bar and the spellbook icon on the spell casting bar are gone, and are just black squares where the image should be. Spell gems are fine, everything else is fine. The spots where the button images should be are still functioning, so I can still open the spellbook by pressing the spot, but the button image is gone. Same for the selector window.

Camped that character out and logged in another one on the same account, loaded my custom skin, all the icons show up fine. Camped to desktop, loaded up a different account, loaded my custom skin on that account, all icons are fine.

Edited the eqclient.ini to turn off the new ui, logged back in with main account, turned on newui in the game, camped out to desktop, logged back in, icons are STILL GONE! Moved my .opt files and .ini files for that character to new names, rebooted the computer, logged back in, icons are still missing.

Is there a function key I might have accidentally hit that would turn off some images? Is there an image file that might be corrupt that I need to replace from the default directory? I don't get how this could happen on only one character just by camping out to the character select screen. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
hardwired13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 04:12 PM   #2
Shaitar
A Fire Beetle

Server: Tallon Zek

I had this problem whenever I changed the background colors for the spell and selector windows. I did another /loadskin command, then camped out. When I came back, my spell gems and buttons on the selector were back. Now I just don't mess with the backgrounds for those 2 windows at all and everything works great.
Shaito- 31 Monk- Seventh Hammer
Shaitar is offline   Reply With Quote