Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 03-25-2003, 07:27 PM   #16
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Stop calling me Haliken, I'm Enok. Why does everyone always call me Haliken? =D

Anyways, here's the bag, tell me if I did something wrong.

Enok
Attached Files
File Type: zip enok_container_kilamon.zip (2.8 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Haliken : 03-25-2003 at 07:37 PM.
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2003, 08:06 PM   #17
Xymarra
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: E'Ci

Very interesting thread ...

I have put together my own version of the stay-put minimalist bag, starting with Enok's code.

The funny colors and button looks are inherited from my UI. With default graphics it looks like this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg containerd.jpg (85.0 KB, 175 views)
Xymarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 01:50 AM   #18
Kilamon
A Snow Cougar

Enok, or Haliken or whatever (your poster ID says Haliken), I'm using your mod now and it works great. Much better than what I'd envisioned ever using. I love that it's undraggable. Thanks for the helpout!
Kilamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 04:06 AM   #19
EricLongsten
A Treant

Add some info for the next person trying to shrink a bag since I couldn't find it when I looked....

Sony has indeed padded the container window so that the size in the xml file does not match what shows up on the screen. After several hours of playing with it for my latest bag it looks like the pad on width is 11 pixels and height is 36 plus 4 each for the done and combine buttons. The catch is that the pad gets added to the "off" side of the inventory slots, if you are using the standard location/size tags to place the slots it references from the top left corner of the window, this will force the right side of the window to remain at least 11 pixels from the right most slot and the bottom of the window to be 36-44 pixels from the bottom slot. The trick to getting rid of this pad is to switch to the anchoroffset method of placing the slots and split your references. I will use width for an example, if you reference your left column from the left side then EQ pads to the right of it, if you reference your right column from the right side EQ will pad to the left of it. This places the pads between the columns, you can now change the cx on the window to hide the left pad behind the right column and the right pad behind the left column. The trick to making things line up the way you want is to do the math and find out how wide your window should be based on the offsets you used and subtract 11 from it for your cx. For example the bag that I worked all this out with used slots that were 40 x 40 and right and left borders of 3 pixels each, 2 slots + 2 borders gave me a bag width of 86, but putting 86 into the cx left the pad between the columns. Changing the cx to 75 hid the pad and gave me an on screen width of 86. The same technique works with height as well but you have to be careful about where you split your references and put your buttons or you come up with some very odd effects when you go to containers with less than 10 slots. Hope this helps save a few headaches for people....
EL
Old 12-14-2003, 12:02 PM   #20
Tobin Itharel
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Saryrn

Xymarra,

I tried your version and I love the size and button placement. However, I need to move my containers around in my UI for doing lots of tradeskill work. Could you post a version where the top of the container where the name is can be used to move it around.
Tobin Itharel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:02 PM   #21
EricLongsten
A Treant

These are two that I have done that are simular to Xy's. I made them for doing tradeskills, the done button has it's text removed and is sitting behind the label at the top of the bag and the only place they can be moved with is the second line of the label, between the done button and the first row of slots. I have also been toying with a version that has visible borders but have not gotten it to work the way I want yet.
EL

Click the pictures to goto the downloads page

Last edited by EricLongsten : 12-14-2003 at 04:07 PM.
EricLongsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:15 PM   #22
Tobin Itharel
A Wooly Rhino

Server: Saryrn

Eric,

That will work for me. Thanks.
Tobin Itharel is offline   Reply With Quote