Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > SOE Corner
User Name
Password

Old 09-07-2004, 04:18 PM   #46
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Quote:
Uninstall the program from your system first. Then delete the EQIM folder and all of its contents. After that, go into the registry editor and do a key search for EQIM. As you find each instance delete them. Restart your computer and run the EQIM installer again.

I deleted EQIM, the folder, all of it's components from the Sony folder and from the registry. Found EQIM again on the Sony site, DL'd it, and ran it. Opened it, added a buddy....crashed. Am I missing something? Others say they use it fine, yet I can't.
Mareeuh
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 08:57 PM   #47
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

the only other thing i can suggest:

Quote:
...if your password has a non-alphanumeric (letter/number) character in it, EQIM won't recognize it and you'll always get an invalid login.

If you are using numbers for a password, try changing it to alpha or alhpa-numeric combination. Otherwise i don't know why it wouldn't work. You've already done the most extreme fix that should work.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:06 AM   #48
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

No numbers in it
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:24 AM   #49
Karaab
A Ghoul

Server: Maelin Starpyre

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeuh
No numbers in it

If it's anything BUT letters and numbers, you will have problems. If you do have letters and numbers only and still have problems, try resetting the password.
EQ Utilities
Karaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 09:05 PM   #50
Javin
A Hill Giant

Server: Bristlebane
Featured Artist
Default This I think should be added to EQ and DUe Away With EQIM

When I was a Young man i used to play a Game called *******n 59. Ahh Qor..anyways In the Game they had an "email" Button that others in the game could write you with Updated info...Pker that killed Certain friends Etc.etc. I Have said since day one with playing EQ that It needs a Post Office. (1 Post Office Per City, one in POK) so that Player "A" would goto the Post office, compose the Letter to Player "B" Player B Loggs on and gets an /e "You Got Mail" and Player B would goto the Post office to retrieve Leters. player A could write or Send to guild members whats going on while they were not online. Drops "links" from Guild Raids and Future Guild Events. and Since a large majoprity of us arent on when others are...its a good way to Keep intouch. Keep the Lines of Communication Open. It would be so nice to See In EQ and i think A MUCH needed addition to enhance Game Play IMO. Please look into Making this SO.!
Old 09-09-2004, 09:40 PM   #51
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsakin
When I was a Young man i used to play a Game called *******n 59. Ahh Qor..anyways In the Game they had an "email" Button that others in the game could write you with Updated info...Pker that killed Certain friends Etc.etc. I Have said since day one with playing EQ that It needs a Post Office. (1 Post Office Per City, one in POK) so that Player "A" would goto the Post office, compose the Letter to Player "B" Player B Loggs on and gets an /e "You Got Mail" and Player B would goto the Post office to retrieve Leters. player A could write or Send to guild members whats going on while they were not online. Drops "links" from Guild Raids and Future Guild Events. and Since a large majoprity of us arent on when others are...its a good way to Keep intouch. Keep the Lines of Communication Open. It would be so nice to See In EQ and i think A MUCH needed addition to enhance Game Play IMO. Please look into Making this SO.!

Great idea

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 03:52 AM   #52
Inokis
Pale Scrawny Guy

Server: Bristlebane // Erollisi Marr
Send a message via Yahoo to Inokis

Most current online games do have a mail system of one method or another. Some are simply emulated irc get/post methods, others are extremely flexible and work like an actual mail program. I think EQ would benefit greatly from such a feature. I hope they had the foresight to do this with EQ2.
Inokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 07:17 AM   #53
Qinadwen
An Executioner

hehe ... you are only saying that, Inokis, because you are retiring from EQ to go to EQ2 j/k

I sincerely hope they will find some way to implement it into EQ also
Old 09-14-2004, 01:18 PM   #54
InvisiBill
A Gray Wolf

Server:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudane
Actually it doesnt, the trillian plugin seems to fall into a grey area. Since EQIM is no longer supported, but the coding is out there for it, it seems that SOE may treat this as one of those grey things.

I use the EQIM pluggin for trillian, and I have mentioned that I use it to SOE people (even sent the link the file to one person) and so far none of them have warned me off using it.

Soooo while its still "use at your own risk" I know SOE isnt actively hunting EQIM users (hehehe)..

/bow

From the TermsOfService.txt in your EQIM directory:
Quote:
You may not create or use any software other than the Software provided by SOE to access the Service.

You're right that they're not going after people using this (as it doesn't affect gameplay, it simply does what the SOE program attempts to do), but it is most definitely against the TOS. http://teqim.sourceforge.net/?p=letter sums it up pretty well. SOE seems to be doing what Lax suggested, and ignoring people who don't follow this rule since it doesn't actually hurt anything.

It would be much better for everyone if SOE simply opened it up officially. Write up a few documents with specs for the protocol (Lax probably has all the meat of this info already) and let everyone make clients for it. With competition, all the clients would become better (and it would still require no effort on SOE's part). I personally know of some people who would keep paying for their EQ account just to use EQIM, if it were as reliable as one of the major IM programs/networks.

The only downside for Sony would be the increased usage of the system (since EQIM has that neato usage-limiting feature that looks like a crash).
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:14 PM   #55
sitalique
A Hill Giant

Send a message via ICQ to sitalique Send a message via AIM to sitalique

I remember way back when that there used to be a message board type of thing in every city at the inn (the one in Qeynos was in the Lion's Mane or something like that). People would post messages about anything from guilds recruiting and raids to just little messages saying hi to various friends. Maybe they should bring that back.
sitalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #56
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitalique
I remember way back when that there used to be a message board type of thing in every city at the inn (the one in Qeynos was in the Lion's Mane or something like that). People would post messages about anything from guilds recruiting and raids to just little messages saying hi to various friends. Maybe they should bring that back.

Also sounds like a good idea - and if they have had it before, it will be much easier than making a whole new post-system.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:10 AM   #57
Nubbin
A Fire Beetle

Any chance of getting Morden Rasp added to the server list?
Nubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 08:22 PM   #58
pangaea
A Gray Wolf

Server: Saryrn

Just an FYI...the easiest way to get EQIM to run correctly after each patch, is to simply hold onto your .exe install file for it. Uninstall EQIM after a patch, and reinstall. This forces it to update the numerical addresses of all servers. =)

Arthor
Dwarven Cleric of Saryrn
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=778424
pangaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 12:55 AM   #59
scottebeammeup
A Bat

Server: Vallon Zek
Send a message via ICQ to scottebeammeup Send a message via AIM to scottebeammeup Send a message via Yahoo to scottebeammeup

2 things.. 1 does anyone know why eqim always seems to just randomly erase your friends list, and second..

I live in an area where 867 is a valid number.. so I actually requested 867-5309
scottebeammeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #60
chikiko
A Bat

Server: vazaelle
Default eqim for trillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortis42
I'd like to see a EQIM plugin for Trillian Pro.
I stopped using it because it created to many windows for my liking to use. If it was integrated into Trillian that would be cool.

actually there is a eqim plugin for trillian. not sure where to find it, but i remember seeing it while i was looking for somethign else.
chikiko is offline   Reply With Quote