User Name
Password

Old 06-14-2004, 01:14 PM   #31
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally posted by Starshelle
I was just curious if there were any plans to incoperate some of those skins with your new design, or would that depend on your users submitting them like last time?

I suspect it might be harder to add custom skins for these new ones because there are so many different customizations with the size and shape that you can do. The old ones were easier because the size and shape were pretty much set.

Like before, alternative skins would have to be submitted by other users, and I would encourage anyone to do so. I might eventually add some additional skins of my own if I come up with any good ones. One issue with skinning the new timers is that the borders are very thin now (one of the goals of the design was to conserve as much space as possible), so there's a lot less room to work with than before.

You're also right in that there would be some extra work involved in making a skin that would work with all the different sizes and shapes that the new timers can be. Most of it involves making sure that the design tiles seamlessly at the right intervals; also, both a horizontal and a vertical version of the skin must be provided. After I'm done with revamping and moving the old content to the new site, I'll put up a page with details on the requirements for making a skin that will work with all configurations.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:19 PM   #32
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Thumbs up Exciting change for buffs!

As some of you already know, in the upcoming July 8th patch, buffs will show their remaining duration when you hover your mouse over them in your buff window. This is indeed great news!

Of course, this eliminates one of the uses for my timer, but it is one feature that I've always hoped they would add to the game client so I'm very glad they are finally putting it in. My timer UI mod is still useful for timing other things such as detrimental spells cast on mobs, buffs you cast on others but not yourself, recast/reuse time, spawns, etc.

So, for those of you who are configuring timers, please keep in mind that after the July 8th patch, you will no longer need timers for buffs on yourself (unless you want a constant visual indication of when they are about to wear off without having to hover over the buff). For myself personally, this frees up a timer slot for me, allowing me to add an additional mez bar in its place for an alternate duration mez.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:32 PM   #33
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

With regards to the images in this new excellent timer mod - will it be possible to use ones own images, instead of the default EQ ones? Like for instance to upload them and have them integrated in to the download? I know it sounds big, but I hope that with some programming it can be done

Baron Qinadwen Loreseeker, Koada'Dal Conjurer of the 56th plane.

Thomas Jefferson:
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases."
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:00 AM   #34
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qinadwen
With regards to the images in this new excellent timer mod - will it be possible to use ones own images, instead of the default EQ ones?
I'm not sure if I'm reading your question correctly, but if someone wants to use alternate spell/item icons (for example, T.King icons) instead of the default ones, this can already be done by simply placing the custom icon files in the same mod folder as the timer. The timer will automatically use the corresponding alternate icons.

If a player wants to create a few of his/her own custom icons for the timer, this can currently be done by modifying one or more existing icon files and then placing those modified files in the same folder as the timer. Of course, any place those icons are shown in the game, you will see the modified version, so if the custom icons are intended for just the timer, it would be wise to choose icons that are not frequently seen (like obscure items).

If there is a large demand for allowing timer-only custom icons (as opposed to custom spell/item icon sets that are used throughout the UI), I can add an option for the timer to use icons from a custom file. It would be up to the player to provide the custom file by placing it in the same mod folder as the timer.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:36 AM   #35
Qinadwen
An Executioner

Server: Venril Sathir

Doooh ... thanks Arista
Qinadwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 01:50 AM   #36
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Smile TimerMod turns two!

Today is the two-year anniversary of TimerMod. According to the logs, the timers have been downloaded/re-downloaded over 140,000 times, and I'm very grateful for the tremendous encouragement from the users over the last two years. I also want to say thanks to all those who have given me valuable feedback, without which the timers would not have been possible.

I have added a timeline of TimerMod milestones to the about section of the site, in case anyone is interested in reading about the history of these timers.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:29 PM   #37
Kailayla
A Ghoul

Server: Saryrn
Default missing files

Awesome work Arista!

I downloaded a timer today, but i only got the instruction (html) file, and the TimerMod[undefined].xml file. no .tga file was included. Can you tell me where to download that?
Kailayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 07:56 PM   #38
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailayla
i only got the instruction (html) file, and the TimerMod[undefined].xml file. no .tga file was included
Normally, all three files are included in the zip. However, since the file that you got has "undefined" in its name, it means that somehow the form data was not posted to the server properly (values are undefined); this is also the reason for the missing file. Once in a while I would see this in the log files but have so far been unable to reproduce this rare problem.

The files in an "undefined" package are invalid so please delete them. If you have access to a different browser or different computer, please try it with one of those to see if that works for you. If that still doesn't work, feel free to send me your timer options and I can generate the files for you also.

If possible, please also let me know what browser, operating system, and any other relevant info (ZoneAlarm running? Norton IS running? Download manager?), so that I can try to track down what causes this issue. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:41 PM   #39
Kailayla
A Ghoul

Server: Saryrn
Default Aha!

It was my download manager. I held alt when i clicked it before, but still came up through my download manager. This time I clicked cancel when it brought up the download manager, and it brought up the normal IE download dialog box. IE 6.0 btw, on Win XP.

Keep up the great work!
Kailayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 08:49 PM   #40
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailayla
It was my download manager. I held alt when i clicked it before, but still came up through my download manager. This time I clicked cancel when it brought up the download manager, and it brought up the normal IE download dialog box.
Thanks for this information, it helps a lot. The "undefined" file problem was reported from time to time but I never found out what caused it before. I've added this info regarding download managers to the note on the timer preview page.

Another change to the site today is that the Find window has been removed from the list of options. This window is apparently not available in all zones, and can only be opened where there are valid targets for the "find" feature. Thanks to the person who brought this to my attention. For those of you who have downloaded a timer using the Find window, please choose another window (the "Reconfigure Timers" option will preserve all your other settings).
Old 08-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #41
tobytyke
A Bat

Default Enusnu

Got My Timers fine

Xp IE 6

Great work thanks

Enusnu
tobytyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 06:06 AM   #42
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Exclamation Omens of War update

The following changes were made to the TimerMod site today:
  • The timers are now fully compatible with Omens of War. To determine if you need to download a new file package, see this thread for more info on the timer patch.

• Two new windows have been added as available options for the timer, bringing the total number up to 28. These new additions are the Task window and the Voice window, both of which require the Omens of War expansion.

• New item icons introduced in today's patch can now be used as timer icons.

EDIT: Information on all existing and future timer patches will now be listed in the second post of this thread.

Last edited by Arista : 09-13-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:57 PM   #43
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default To all users of TimerMod

My subscription to EverQuest has ended, and I have no plans to renew it at this time. While I am still able to download any new/updated patch files, I am no longer able to log into the game.

I will continue to provide patches for TimerMod based on changes in the UI files, but please keep in mind that these patches will not be tested by myself. I will rely on you, the user, to test these patches and let me know if any issues arise.

For the purpose of this discussion, I will group EQ patch changes that affect the timer into two categories:
  • Category A

The only changes are changes to XML files adding/removing elements from various windows. No major changes are made to the EQ client's UI engine. The only timers affected are those in windows modified by the patch; timers in unmodified windows remain unaffected.

Most patches fall under this category and it is fairly straightforward to patch the timer accordingly, even without access to the game. I will continue to provide these patches as they are needed.

• Category B

Changes are made to the EQ client's UI engine which cause it to process nodes differently, render elements differently, or behave differently, etc. All timers, even those in unmodified windows, suddenly stop behaving properly, look different, and/or cause errors.

This type of change has been rare but if such a change happens and it affects the timer, I will be unable to fix the resulting issues without logging into the game. However, I will do my best to address these types of issues during any "log into your old account and play for free for X days" promotional offers that I become eligible for.
In the event that a timer patch fails to work properly, users can contact me by posting in this thread, sending me a private message, or using the contact form on my site. Before sending me the information, please also test some timers in an unmodified window (any window that was not changed by the EQ patch) to see if a category B change has occurred. If the change is truly just a category A change, timers in an unmodified window should still work properly.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.