Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 08-25-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Thumbs up SoesUI 1.6 (01/19/04 - Combat Ability Window Added)

SoesUI 1.6
* NOTE * This UI is designed for ONLY two resolutions, 1280x1024 (optimal) and 1024x768. It will not work in any other resolution.
* ANOTHER NOTE * If you're using SoesUI 1.5 it will most likely not work after the 08/26 patch, so I suggest you download 1.6 asap!

What's New
- Updated for the latest compability fixes, including LDON
- Switched to modular code (should work with future patches)
- Added color changing HP bars
- Switched spell cast bar to new T.King version, modified by Soes
- Switched spell book to new T.King version, modified by Soes
- Made buff and short buff windows a bit easier to read
- Switched inventory window
- Added AA exp gauge to player window so it is always visible
- Few minor graphics fixes

1280x1024 Screenshot

1024x768 Screenshot

Color Changing HP Bar Player Window
These HP bars will fade from red to purple in a very smooth transition, special thanks to Enokhaon from Innoruuk for coding these bad boys! Target bar, Player window and Group Windows included. Check out Enokhaon's stuff!

Color Changing HP Bars Group Window

New Spell Bar
Here is the new spell bar by T.King, I modified the tones and changed the numbers to be a little easier to read.

Player Info / Clicks / Pet
This is an old thing Drakah coded, some people don't realize it is there, so here's a screenshot!

Installation Instructions
You MUST follow these instructions, or the UI will not work. Once you have unzipped Soes16.zip to your "uifiles" folder, you must rename the UI_YourChar_YourServer.ini file to match your characters! For example my characters name is Soes and my server is Veeshan, so I rename it to UI_Soes_35.ini. Then you have to copy the renamed file to your base EverQuest directory. Here is a very clear picture! If you don't know your server number, find it here!

Credits
- Coding by Drakah and Soes
- Graphics by Drakah (inventory icons, buttons, interface parts), T.King (Spell Book, Spell Cast Bar, Target Bar), Sokol and Kudane modified by Soes
- Inventory by Odibil Lauxes
- Original Color Changing HP bars (Target, Player, Group) by Enokhaon (thanks!)
- MP3 Player by Leandred, modified by Soes
- War Craft 3 Icons by Rayken

This is SoesUI 1.6 rejoice...

DOWNLOAD HERE

Last edited by Dolby : 06-29-2004 at 08:18 PM.
Soes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 06:54 PM   #2
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan

As always an awesome job Soes.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2003, 09:00 PM   #3
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

This is awesome! Very clean.Very functional.

Old 08-26-2003, 02:13 PM   #4
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Confirmed - SoesUI 1.6 is working with the 08/26 patch, enjoy
Old 08-26-2003, 03:15 PM   #5
Berton-LoS
A Bat

Trying this out for the first time today and I like it for the most part. I have a crash problem though. If I left click and hold on a slot in the "clicks" interface as if to change the slot to a different one I crash so hard I have to hard reboot.
Berton-LoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:05 PM   #6
Kinvaras
A Gray Wolf

Thanks Soes. This is still the most user friendly and functional UI I've seen. I like the upgraded graphics too. Great job guys.

Kinvaras
Township Rebellion
Kinvaras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 06:40 PM   #7
Takrolimus
A Bat

YEah me too crash when clicking and holding the clicks area. Also I cant seem to move that box around at all.
Takrolimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 07:47 PM   #8
Zilth
A Gray Wolf

I can not get the stats / inv / pet window to move anywhere on the screen. I have tried clicking everywhere to get the drag icon. I have checked several times to make sure the window was not locked. Can anyone help me with this please.
Zilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 08:04 PM   #9
githar
A Gray Wolf

Server: Tholuxe
Default 1280 X 1024 PROBLEMS

Hey there. I can get the lessor resolution to work, but am unable to get the higher resolution that I normally use to work. Everything shows up in the wrong spots and is unmovable. I have deleted and reloaded the file a few times with no sucusess.

Thanks..

Githar - 65 Archon
Thoulxe Paells
githar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 12:39 AM   #10
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally posted by Zilth
I can not get the stats / inv / pet window to move anywhere on the screen. I have tried clicking everywhere to get the drag icon. I have checked several times to make sure the window was not locked. Can anyone help me with this please.

I've tried to make this very clear... if you rename and copy the ini file as instructed all the windows will load in the proper place !
Old 08-27-2003, 08:14 AM   #11
Vexo
A Ghoul

Default Hep

So I'm using the 1024 version.

1) The spell bar is too low on the screen. It overlaps the compass and the secondary msg window.

2) The buff icons are placed out of the screen. I can only see the text, not the icons themselves.

3) Windowed mode stopped working for some reason... can't get outta it... *shrugs*

So yeah... great UI... personally I liked the old spell bar better tho
Vexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 01:02 PM   #12
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Default Re: Hep

Quote:
Originally posted by Vexo
So I'm using the 1024 version.

1) The spell bar is too low on the screen. It overlaps the compass and the secondary msg window.

2) The buff icons are placed out of the screen. I can only see the text, not the icons themselves.

3) Windowed mode stopped working for some reason... can't get outta it... *shrugs*

So yeah... great UI... personally I liked the old spell bar better tho

Use the supplied ini file.
Old 08-27-2003, 06:00 PM   #13
Zilth
A Gray Wolf

Ok, can you just hurmor me?

I deleted my soes folder.

I installed a new copy of soes from my zip file.

I renamed my old UI_Zilth_50.ini in my main eq folder.

I renamed UI_YourChar_YourServer.ini to UI_Zilth_50.ini in the soes folder

I copy and pasted the new UI_Zilth_50.ini from the soes folder to the main eq folder.

I use the 1280x1024 display mode.

None of the windows lined up. I had to readjust all of them.

The bard song window is in the lower right hand of the screen and I can not move it. It also just shows the name of the song. No song icon shows up.

The Pet / stats / clicks window is in the middle left hand side of the screen and I can not move it.

So how about you do a clean test of your UI. Install it fresh with none of your previous adjustments and see how it turns out? Or how about changing the bard song window and the pet / sta / click window to just be moveable.

I do not mind having to adjust all the windows. I would just like to be able to move them all. I would also like the icons for the bard song window to show up.

Zilth ShadowStalker
65 Necromancer
Officer of Awakened guild on Tarew Marr
Zilth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 11:44 PM   #14
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Quote:
Originally posted by Zilth
Ok, can you just hurmor me?

I deleted my soes folder.

I installed a new copy of soes from my zip file.

I renamed my old UI_Zilth_50.ini in my main eq folder.

I renamed UI_YourChar_YourServer.ini to UI_Zilth_50.ini in the soes folder

I copy and pasted the new UI_Zilth_50.ini from the soes folder to the main eq folder.

I use the 1280x1024 display mode.

None of the windows lined up. I had to readjust all of them.

The bard song window is in the lower right hand of the screen and I can not move it. It also just shows the name of the song. No song icon shows up.

The Pet / stats / clicks window is in the middle left hand side of the screen and I can not move it.

So how about you do a clean test of your UI. Install it fresh with none of your previous adjustments and see how it turns out? Or how about changing the bard song window and the pet / sta / click window to just be moveable.

I do not mind having to adjust all the windows. I would just like to be able to move them all. I would also like the icons for the bard song window to show up.

Zilth ShadowStalker
65 Necromancer
Officer of Awakened guild on Tarew Marr

Goto the folder, click on Folder: Options: View. Is "Hide File Extensions for Known types" checked? If it is, uncheck it and see if you renamed the file to UI_Zilth_50.ini.ini by mistake. Also make sure when you copy the renamed ini file from the Soes directory that it's not marked "read-only" (right click: Properties). Those are the only possible things I can think of.

Can you tell me the full paths of the files you are renaming and copying? (ie. C:\program files\sony\everquest trilogy), just to be sure.

Despite what you may think... I do test my UI's, on 3 different PC's with different hardware. In fact thousands of people are using SoesUI without any problems, so that leads me to believe that there must be something wrong on your end. Sorry

Last edited by Soes : 08-27-2003 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:30 AM   #15
Soes
A Shissar Defiler

Default How to Install a UI with a custom INI file

99% of the time when people have a problem with my UI or another UI that uses a custom INI file, it's because they did something wrong or have incorrect settings on their PC.

Just for kicks, I downloaded some of the featured UIs on EQInterface and pretty much all of them (XymUI, AYAUI, Cairenn UI, all of Drakah's UIs etc) use CUSTOM INI FILES.

"What happens if I don't rename and copy the ini file correctly?"
The UI will still load, but none of the windows will be where the author originally designed them to be. Some windows like the Pet Window in SoesUI simply cannot be moved because of the way they are coded. The only way to have these UI's set up 100% in the originally designed way is to follow these instructions.

Instruction Manual: How to Install a UI with a custom INI file

[color=orange-red]Step 1[/color]:
Make sure your folder settings are correct
Open any windows folder and click on Tools: Folder Options

Make sure that "Hide File Extensions for Known File Types" is not checked!

I have had people not install my UI correctly because they had this option checked (it's checked by default when you install Windows), so what was happening is they were renaming the file correctly but they weren't able to see the extensions. So their files ended up being "UI_Character_##.ini.ini" and hence not working correctly.

[color=orange-red]Step 2[/color]:
Unzip and install your UI to the UIFILES sub-directory within your EverQuest Folder.

The program I use is WinZip, you can get a free version from www.winzip.com. Make sure "Use Folder Names" is checked, this will automatically create the "Soes" subdirectory.

[color=orange-red]Step 3[/color]:
Browse to your EQ Directory and into the UiFiles/Soes sub-directory.

[color=orange-red]Step 4[/color]:
Locate the custom ini file "UI_YourChar_YourServer.ini" and rename it according to your char's name and server number.

If your char name is Bob and you play on Veeshan, your file should be renamed to UI_Bob_35.ini ... if you don't know your server number find it here.

[color=orange-red]Step 5[/color]:
Finally copy the file to your base EQ Directory.

If you've ever played the char you are trying to setup the UI for, it WILL ask you to overwrite your existing ini file... if you don't get a box like this, you did something wrong (or deleted the existing file already). Select "Yes".

[color=orange-red]Step 6[/color]:
For SoesUI you have to use either 1280x1024 resolution or 1024x768 resolution, no other resolutions are supported nor have been tested so if you use another one you're on your own. So goto Options before you log into EQ and check to make sure!

Similarly, if you were installing another custom UI make sure you use the supported resolution(s) the author specified.

Hope this helps some people out. Good luck.

Last edited by Soes : 11-05-2003 at 01:42 AM.