Password

Old 09-04-2003, 06:42 PM   #166
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Re: UI Problem

Quote:
Originally posted by clarrissa
Since Im clueless about XML, do I have to specify "PlayerNotes_timer.tga" in the UI_Animations.xml file?
Now, I did that and I got the above error file.

No, you should not modify the UI_Animations.xml file at all. The TGA name is already specified in the timer XML file, that's why you get the duplicate elements if you specify it yourself. All you need to do is place the timer XML and TGA files into your folder - you don't need to manually modify any files.
Quote:
If I dont, I push the journal (Note) button and nothign appears. Hmmm, so I need help.

The note window is not the journal window, they are two separate windows. You would activate the note window by typing /note in your chat box.

Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003, 08:58 PM   #167
clarrissa
A Gray Wolf

Default Thanks

That worked. Now I'll add a crazy question. Is it possible to have the slider move to the currecnt position after a spell is cast via a hotkey or spell icon as an example?
clarrissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 08:07 PM   #168
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Re: Thanks

Quote:
Is it possible to have the slider move to the currecnt position after a spell is cast via a hotkey or spell icon as an example?

The timer is not a program, so it cannot detect or respond to in-game events such as casting a spell. Please see my Impossible Enhancements post for a more detailed explanation.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:25 PM   #169
Ellyana
a_HappyEQCustomer_01

One other question - request
I know you can have multiple slide timers in a window can you have multiple digital timers like this.

and these reset when you reload ( /loadskin ) your UI, right?
Old 09-05-2003, 08:43 PM   #170
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ellyana
One other question - request
I know you can have multiple slide timers in a window can you have multiple digital timers like this.

and these reset when you reload ( /loadskin ) your UI, right?

While it's possible to put multiple digital timers in your UI, there would be very little reason to do so, because you can't reset them independently of each other. Reloading the UI resets all of them at the same time, so you can't time different things with them. If you want to time multiple things, multiple slider timers are your best bet.
Old 09-28-2003, 04:00 PM   #171
Harmonie
A Ghoul

Default LDON Adventure timer

Im going crazy. I wanted to make a timer for 1:30:00 so I could easily see how we are progressing. This seemed like an easy idea. I am currently not using the player window since, so I dl'd it in that format. It tells me duplicate elements, so I went looking and well... I gave up on that... but while reflecting ...

Would it be possible to build a timer into the adventure window, where you minimize and only see the timer and when maximazed you see the regular window?
Harmonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 02:41 PM   #172
Nluas
A Fire Beetle

Server: Kane Bayle
Send a message via Yahoo to Nluas
Default how do i get them to stop? or reset?

jsut d/l the slider one, did one for 1h30m for ldon stuff and one for 30m (exit time after u complete the adventure) now my question is, how do i restart them? and can i start the top one but leave the bottom one (exit time) adn only start that one after the adventure is completed.
Nluas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 12:12 PM   #173
Arista
TimerMod Creator

(I'm going to assume this post was intended as a reply to my timer thread, instead of being a new topic.)

When you want to begin timing, simply move the slider to the current position of the bar. The bar will continue moving and reach the slider's position again when one full duration of the timer has elapsed.

So, when you first enter the adventure, move the slider to point to the bar's current position for the 1:30:00 timer. Your time to complete the adventure will expire when the bar reaches the slider's position again. Then, when your group succeeds/fails the adventure, move the slider on the 0:30:00 timer to point to that bar's current position. The dungeon will shut down when that bar reaches the slider's position again.
Old 10-25-2003, 08:29 PM   #174
SmallWorld
A Bat

Arista have you thought about adding a button that automatically moved the slider to the current position? Just started using your timers and one improvement i think should be considered
Thanks,
Candiarie Wyldefyre
[65 Coercer] <Bellicose> Xev
SmallWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 09:15 PM   #175
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Please refer to the following post for more information:
http://www.eqgui.com/showthread.php...36262#post36262
Old 11-08-2003, 04:12 PM   #176
Beedeebede
A Ghoul

Default Digital timer not working (actions)

Can't get the generated xml file to work using the dial/digital timer in the actions window (tabbed) It crashes my UI/EQ to desktop. Is this going to be fixed sometime soon?

BD
Beedeebede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 12:29 AM   #177
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Re: Digital timer not working (actions)

Quote:
Originally posted by Beedeebede
Can't get the generated xml file to work using the dial/digital timer in the actions window (tabbed) It crashes my UI/EQ to desktop. Is this going to be fixed sometime soon?

Actually, none of the files in the "Other Downloads" section are dynamically generated, because they are special manually-created mods of the timer (so the files were pre-generated from an older version of the timer). If you look closely, you'll see a note stating that the downloads in that section not been updated yet for the 10/9 patch (I should probably make the text larger, or in a different color; thanks for bringing it up).

The "Other Downloads" section is pretty much obsolete now, but I've kept it around for the time being in case people want to download the old files. I'm planning to phase it out since most people use the dynamically generated timers anyway, because they are customizable to each person's needs. For an up-to-date timer that is compatible with the latest patch, please customize and generate a timer at one of the following sections:

Slider Timer
Dial/Digital Timer

I will see about removing the old section and/or updating the old mods this weekend, if time permits.

EDIT: The obsolete "Other Downloads" section has now been removed from the website. Please use one of the other sections (linked above) to generate custom timers.

Last edited by Arista : 11-10-2003 at 06:57 AM.
Old 11-18-2003, 12:40 PM   #178
Soleanla
A Bat

Default Gems Timer

Ok, so I put the Timer in my Gems window, as I never play it. However, having the timer up, renders me unable to move, as the game thinks I am playing gems! Any ideas on how to solve this dilemma?
Old 11-18-2003, 01:35 PM   #179
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Is it possible to merge lets say music window with the timer?
Using a custom music window and wanted to merge those windows. Know its gonna be alot of editing but could it be done?

Last edited by Amitan : 11-18-2003 at 01:56 PM.
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003, 02:10 PM   #180
Amitan
a_magician_01

Send a message via ICQ to Amitan Send a message via MSN to Amitan

Quote:
Note: The very first time you open the Gems Window, it will prevent you from moving. Close it and open it again to move with it open.

From Arista's board
Amitan is offline   Reply With Quote