Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-12-2004, 07:17 PM   #1
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Default Player window

I am currently using this player window and would like to have it show my current max mana also.

Is it possible to add mana number either next to hp's or above hp's and remove last name or level. I don't want the bars touched and would love to keep the name shown fully if able without making the window larger or editing too much. Any help would be appreciated or direct me in the correct direction. I've not done much editting before so this is all foreign to me. Would just really like to see my mana in my window =) Thanks a bunch.

Player Window XML (This is the xml for the player window, I attached it just in case I got some help.)
mareeuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:50 PM   #2
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Ok, I messed around with it a little bit.
  • Made name longer (I think, don't have a surname to test it with).
  • Changed HP Eqtype (Removed 3 -Current/Max- and replaced with the all in one).
  • Added Mana EQtype all in one (Will display as unknown type until July 14th patch).
  • Added Endurance % next to gauge.
  • Changed spacing of gauges to make it more uniform.
  • Cleaned up a bit of the code.

This is my first "post" of any mod. I just mess around with stuff for myself. Please be gentle

Last edited by Ruffic : 07-13-2004 at 08:31 PM. Reason: New files posted under another post.
Ruffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:16 PM   #3
Kindidarx
A Hill Giant

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via Yahoo to Kindidarx
Default re

Kindidarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:28 PM   #4
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindidarx

I really like this one. Doesn't have the ATK or AC though. Looks like you have options now.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:57 PM   #5
Kindidarx
A Hill Giant

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via Yahoo to Kindidarx
Default re

i, for the live of me. cant figure out how to use Sidl fiddle effectively. it wouldnt be so bad if it was there was an " idiots guide to sidl " out there =P
Kindidarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:06 AM   #6
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Do I take that xml and cut n paste or add it to my current xml? It's not a file that I can just put in my UI. I tried making that into a file, but ended up having defaul load =/ I love the window though, Sparxx isn't for me and I check here daily for new stuff.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:16 AM   #7
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareeuh
Do I take that xml and cut n paste or add it to my current xml? It's not a file that I can just put in my UI. I tried making that into a file, but ended up having defaul load =/ I love the window though, Sparxx isn't for me and I check here daily for new stuff.

Yeah. I've never uploaded a file here so I'm not sure how to make it downloadable. If you right click on it you should have an option to save it. Otherwise, you should just be able to copy and paste it in.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:06 AM   #8
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Ok, I got it working, but hp's covers my last name and mana says unknown in the UI once I load it. It's no blank but it says Mana unknown and unknown blends in with the ac to the right. Which I know the mana number wouldn't overlap that. Just seems to me that hp and mana need to be lowered slightly in the UI. I can post a pic, but need to get it uploaded first. I would love to get this working properly I really like the window.
Mareeuh
*edit* guess it would help if I fully read the post. Understand about mana unknown but my last name covers up hp's how do I get some extra space in there?

Last edited by mareeuh : 07-13-2004 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:06 PM   #9
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Ok, I got it working, but hp's covers my last name and mana says unknown in the UI once I load it. It's no blank but it says Mana unknown and unknown blends in with the ac to the right. Which I know the mana number wouldn't overlap that. Just seems to me that hp and mana need to be lowered slightly in the UI. I can post a pic, but need to get it uploaded first. I would love to get this working properly I really like the window.
Mareeuh
*edit* guess it would help if I fully read the post. Understand about mana unknown but my last name covers up hp's how do I get some extra space in there?

As far as the last name, I'm not sure about that. I can mess around with it a bit more. Mainly my issue was that I was not sure if the Name was included in the HP gauge. I didn't see a tag for the name, but it was showing up, so I figured that is what it was. I could try extending that. If anyone else knows and can educate me on that, it would be appreciated. If that is the case, I can try extending that more to allow for the larger name.

The mana won't work until tomorrow. The EQtype I used only works on test, but will go live with the patch tonight/tomorrow. I didn't want to code it with the 3 different tags when the one will work. If for some reason they delay the patch again, I'll put the other tags in to make it work.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:31 PM   #10
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Ok, no one replied to my inquiry of whether or not the name shows up in the HP bar, so I shrunk the HP bar and added a name tag. I didn't want to do it this way since it seemed redunant. Anyway, the name will allow for a pretty long name with surname. I did have to remove the LVL though which I assume is okay since your original post had reflected it was. Here is the file again.
(Updated file in another post).

Last edited by Ruffic : 07-15-2004 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Removed file
Old 07-13-2004, 09:09 PM   #11
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Yes, removing level is perfectly fine, I know what level I am =p Thank you. I assume mana will show unknown again til after tomorrows patch? Either way I love it thank you so much.
Mareeuh
Old 07-13-2004, 09:45 PM   #12
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Yes, removing level is perfectly fine, I know what level I am =p Thank you. I assume mana will show unknown again til after tomorrows patch? Either way I love it thank you so much.
Mareeuh

Yeah. If they push back the patch I'll change it so you don't have to wait. I didn't have a chance to test it in game, but I am sure that everything works fine . Let me know if you get any errors. Glad I could help.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #13
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Added the window in today, this is how it looks

No surname and my regular name is over my health as well as at top =/
Old 07-15-2004, 11:04 AM   #14
mareeuh
A Shissar Disciple

Shamless bump
Old 07-15-2004, 01:49 PM   #15
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Added the window in today, this is how it looks (removed picture)

No surname and my regular name is over my health as well as at top =/

LOL. I didn't see you post again. That answers my question about whether or not the name is included in the HP bar. I'll fix it up when I get a few seconds.

(EDIT: Okay, I guess I had a few seconds. Here is the new file. Couldn't test it. Let me know if there are still any problems with it.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQUI_PlayerWindow.zip (1.8 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by Ruffic : 07-15-2004 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Added file