Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 07-06-2004, 02:49 PM   #1
Lewzephyr
A Hill Giant

Question PING: Turlo ref: player windows

Turlo,
Thank you for your various player windows you have out. I am curious if you have intention to add the new Mana and Endurance numbers to your layouts? The reason I ask is, I have minimal skills and can over time get something together that works, but in now way looks a smooth as yours.
If you have intention for this... I will just patiently wait. But if not, I will move on an attempt to modify your work.
All this is prompted by an eager wife to see her mana.... and you know... Happy wife makes a happy man....
56 Iksar Monk
Lewzephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:57 PM   #2
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

I feel famous. /evilgrin.

Yes, I fully intend to update all 3 of my primary player windows. If one of the alternate versions (read: special requests) needs an update, could some one shoot me a request?

I plan to have them done... maybe tonight... tomorrow night at the latest.

Edited: Just read the wife comment as well. Oh boy, do I know that one! LOL. Yup, my wife is pestering me for that one as well.

"Ah, but you HAVE heard of me."
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:28 PM   #3
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Work on these has been started. I was waiting for the new labels to be released. Testing as I post this.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:29 PM   #4
Lewzephyr
A Hill Giant

sweet, glad to hear it.... was hoping you would put it out before the delayed patch since they have the tags in game now.

much appreciate your time and work.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:04 PM   #5
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Actually, the tags I want to use aren't live yet. They are still on test. I will have to use the not-so-cool ones. Should have it done tonight.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:45 AM   #6
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turlo
Actually, the tags I want to use aren't live yet. They are still on test. I will have to use the not-so-cool ones. Should have it done tonight.

What do you mean?? Does test have something besides the actual numbers for Endurance and Mana?? The EQTypes for those do in fact work on the live server as of at least July 1st (possibly sooner.. not sure about that). I've modified the UI I'm using, and have had actual mana and endurance numbers in my player window for the entire month of July.

Is there something more than that on Test Server?? If there is, could you clarify what you mean by "the tags I want to use"??
Old 07-11-2004, 12:57 AM   #7
Ruffic
A Snow Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaee
What do you mean?? Does test have something besides the actual numbers for Endurance and Mana?? The EQTypes for those do in fact work on the live server as of at least July 1st (possibly sooner.. not sure about that). I've modified the UI I'm using, and have had actual mana and endurance numbers in my player window for the entire month of July.

Is there something more than that on Test Server?? If there is, could you clarify what you mean by "the tags I want to use"??

There are additional tags that are on test that are not on live.

EQType 128 = Mana / Max Mana
EQType 129 = Endurance / Max Endurance
EQType 130 = Group Leadership Exp %
EQType 131 = Raid Leadership Exp %

I believe many authors will wait to edit their UI's to incorporate these new types since almost everyone wants to know what their current and max stats are.
Ruffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 05:27 PM   #8
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Thanks, Ruffic. That is exactly what I was referring to. I wish to use the combined mana and combined stamina. It allows for much cleaner formating, and prevents display errors at different resolutions.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:32 PM   #9
Vitaee
Enhanced Imperial Golem

OH,

So rather than coding something like "EQ Type 24 / EQ Type 25", you could just use the single "EQ Type 128".

That would make things a lot easier.
Vitaee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 07:42 PM   #10
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Exactly. Except the original coding in your example would be "EQ Type 24" <hope I put enough space> "/" <hope I put enough space> "EQ Type 25" <please don't change resolution from 1024x768>.

I have noticed that doing it the "old" way can cause display errors at higher resolutions.

I do have the fixes for my UIs done using the test version of the code. However, they look silly when running them on live.

Based on feedback I have gotten from rangers and shadowknights (/shrug... pallys don't use my UI?).. I will most likely be retiring the Hybrid Player. The opinion I have received so far is that they could chain all four of their disciplines and still have endurance left over. By the time the disciplines refresh, their endurance is already maxed. However, I will release this one last update before retiring it.

By just keeping two equally formated versions of my window, it will make custom changes and future updates MUCH easier. I also have something interesting in testing for the future.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:32 PM   #11
Lewzephyr
A Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turlo
Based on feedback I have gotten from rangers and shadowknights (/shrug... pallys don't use my UI?).. I will most likely be retiring the Hybrid Player. The opinion I have received so far is that they could chain all four of their disciplines and still have endurance left over. By the time the disciplines refresh, their endurance is already maxed. However, I will release this one last update before retiring it.

Glad to hear you will be putting one more out... My Beastlord often has endurance totaly depleted.... not sure what I am doing differently than SK's or rangers. I actualy use your Hybrid on all my characters because I have one standard UI I use accross the board. And of course your Group Target and Player window are key pieces to the flow.

Thanks for your time...
Old 07-12-2004, 06:49 PM   #12
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

Lew,

As a beastlord, would you like to see mana or endurance on the player window?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:04 PM   #13
Lewzephyr
A Hill Giant

ROFL,,..... mana please... can do without endurance 8)
Old 07-14-2004, 05:10 PM   #14
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

All three player window varients have been uploaded and approved. (Approval was FAST!). After reviewing what my friends are using, I will be continuing to support the Hybrid varient in the future, so don't worry about it being retired.

And who in the world thought I was the guy who designed Vert?