Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Request
User Name
Password

Old 04-29-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
Gothicis
A Bat

Server: prexus
Lightbulb Pet window for real pets :)

I love alot of the UI mods i have seen and use a few of them myself.
I am a magician as a main and have a few other classes i use on rare occasion.
My request (yes i read what cannot be done and didnt see any of this on the lists)
pet window looks like the regular one or maybe a little diffrent on placing things

replace Go Away with /pethold (pet dicipline) command

replace Sit with /petfocus "needs to be done everytime you enter the zone to work and a button would be easier"

would love this more than anything
Add or actually show the pets actual Stats and HP etc... not just the % value but actual numbers for example my pet fully buffed and set up with summoned items and the like has roughly 9700 hitpoints going by the avg complete heal or doin the % math of my 1200 heal etc...
but having it show all stats like the player window mods do with everything in one. str,dex,agi,hp,the works

any ideas or reasons it cant be done?
thanks
Gothicis De'Lioncourt
68 Magician of Prexus
Officer of Sovereign circle
Gothicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 11:51 AM   #2
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

The pet aa commands cannot be added to buttons in the window. There are no UI values for that or pet stats. Being that my main is also a mage ive tried finding a way to add these to my ui and its not possible. Simply because sony has not given us the ability to do so.

The only thing i can recommend is maing the hotbuttons in the action window and leaving them there and leaving the action window open to that page. I have a redesigned ui that ill be releasing soon that has a larger horizontal action window that has muclarger buttons to make it easier to see and hit the buttons with a mouse on the fly. This way the window acts like a secondary bank of hotbuttons. On one page i have most of my aa activated commands in various colors and i find this is the best solution until sony gives us (if they choose to anyhow) the ability to do these things.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:09 PM   #3
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane

use aya ui

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:36 AM   #4
Seladar
A Ghoul

Default pet command buttons

I have been playing EQ since before you could change the UI, and have both a shaman and a mage. Long ago I placed the pet commands on hotkeys and use them there. Since I primarily use the keyboard and not the mouse this works very well for me. If you're mouse centric, hitting the hotkeys can be a pain, but if you get used to using the keyboard for everything it's actually faster than the mouse and much easier. Just as an example of keyboarding. I run my cleric on my second account and my bard on my first account (on the same computer) so I'm not only switching screens, but I'm twisting 4 songs and healing with the cleric. Try it with a mouse. The point being that want you want to do is easily doable, you just need to use the interface more efficiently. Just my 2 cents worth. I know lots of people find keyboarding difficult, but i have never been able to figure out why. It may take you some time to get used to it, but it really is more efficient once you do.
Seladar is offline   Reply With Quote