Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 08-15-2002, 09:25 PM   #1
Zaelicor
A Fire Beetle

Question Putting the Compass into the player window..

I'm wondering if it is possible to move the compass into another window, in my instance, the Player Window. I did a dirty Cut-n-Paste, and was able to get the graphic in there, but it did not function (just layed there like a lowly percent sign).
Now, if this isn't possible, I'm wondering if there's a way to move the entire compass window into the player window, so it's governed by the player window.
I may be asking for too much, but I saw the compass for the first time and I fell in love :P wanted to use it to fill this big gaping hole in my self designed player window.

<------I'll have what he's having!
Zaelicor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 10:27 PM   #2
Agular
A Ghoul

I'd like this too, I've got just enough room to make it fit. Is it possible?
Agular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 10:37 PM   #3
Zaelicor
A Fire Beetle

Ok over the last day or so I've been working with the compass, I've found out this :

1 : the compass does not function in the player window. since there's no eqtype associated with the compass apperently. I can get the graphic to show up, just not functional.

2: the compass itself resists movement in it's own window. it bases itself at 0,0 in the compass window.

3: the compass distorts and loses it's accuracy when stretched horizontally. This sucks because you could have tried to make the horizontal size bigger or smaller to fit the window you're making.

4: the compass RETAINS functionallity when stretched or squished vertically . the graphics stretch or squeeze according to the vertical size you give it, and retain's it's accuracy nicely

5: Other elements can be put in the compass window. I made a Compass/Target window tonight, though it's the same horizontal size as the normal compass, so it's tiny, and long names will get chopped off .

that's my current experience with the compass window. Thanks to the guys in serverwide.eqgui who offered some suggestions and how-to's

NOW...anyone know if you can make a window call another window ? :P
Zaelicor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 08:48 PM   #4
tarsk
A Gray Wolf

The functionality of the compass does seem to depend solely upon being in the compasswindow file - Obviously hardedcoded into the client, and not a function of an 'eqtype' kind of association.

Oh well... Maybe they'll change it in a future patch.. It would be nice to put it elsewhere.
tarsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 09:10 PM   #5
guice
Keeper of the Hampster

Server: Mithaniel Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to guice Send a message via Yahoo to guice

Quote:
Thanks to the guys in serverwide.eqgui who offered some suggestions and how-to's

No way! You mean people where in there? /grin
http://www.chronology-guild.org/
guice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 09:25 PM   #6
karrde
A Bat

Server: Saryrn
Send a message via AIM to karrde

Quote:
Originally posted by Zaelicor
Ok over the last day or so I've been working with the compass, I've found out this :

3: the compass distorts and loses it's accuracy when stretched horizontally. This sucks because you could have tried to make the horizontal size bigger or smaller to fit the window you're making.

I Need to say that his isn't completely true. I (probally like you did tried to resize the two '180' width elements to the scale I streched the main window. This caused compression between 'N' and 'E'. Leaving those two elements alone at X=180 resulted in a functional compass. you just see more of the bar.

I was very glad of this since it was ricidlous that it wasn't as wide as the standard player/target/pet windows.
karrde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 12:13 PM   #7
Kikkoris
A Bat

Default LOC instead of Compass

Is there a way to have a box in place of compass that would show your current /loc and adjust as you move?

Thanks,
Kikk
Kikkoris is offline   Reply With Quote