Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 06-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #1
Cazandra
A Ghoul

Server: zek
Default Windowing Out

I use custom UI's and randomly I click in EQ on the screen it throws me out to my desktop. It doesnt crash EQ but its a pain in the A$$ because it happens at the worst time. Has anyone else heard of the issue and know why it happens? Is it my computer, UI error or what? Any help is appreciated!!
Cazandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
Egras
A Lost Soul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Im looking into a cause on this. Will try to post something. For now if your using EgrasUI, update your files from my area. Wife is using a previous download and her computer does it. Im using more current files cause I am always coding new things and mine doesnt.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

There's practically no possiblity that this problem is UI related. More likely is you have some malicious program(s) on your computer that are stealing focus away from EQ for at least a moment and causeing it to minimize or window out.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
Cazandra
A Ghoul

Server: zek

My computer is brand new and I have ran all cleaners, virus programs etc... and they havent found anything.
Cazandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
fgoldsmith
A Ghoul

Default clicking and window closes

ok I know its not a malicious program. mainly because mine is a totally fresh
install. It its wierd really but heres what seems to happen if you window out
of eq and then bring eq back to full screen mode. Then try and click on something in eq say clicking a buff off or try to click on a spell to cast it minimizes the window almost like whatever you were doing is still in the foreground. What I'm assuming is happening is EQ doesn't realize that it has
been put back in the foreground so it assumes your still doing whatever it was
you windowed out to do. So im guessing its part of the eq windows bug and
until SoE gets off their butts and fixes their code its not gonna change.

Uumlayan

why somepeople get it and some don't I have no clue but it doesnt do it
to me until I window out to check a website for info then when I come back
it starts.
fgoldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:22 PM   #6
Egras
A Lost Soul

All I know so far is that the only differences between my wifes computer and mine are the UI. I bought both PCs the same day and installed identical hardware and software. Im looking into it as best I can.
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:19 PM   #7
Haliken
Quintessence of EQUI XML

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgoldsmith
...if you window out
of eq and then bring eq back to full screen mode. Then try and click on something in eq say clicking a buff off or try to click on a spell to cast it minimizes the window almost like whatever you were doing is still in the foreground. What I'm assuming is happening is EQ doesn't realize that it has
been put back in the foreground so it assumes your still doing whatever it was
you windowed out to do. So im guessing its part of the eq windows bug...

Ah, really good feedback on the situation. So this only occurs AFTER people have minimized EQ at least once?

Has anyone had it happen when they first launch into EQ? Egras, if you have it happen on one computer, and not on the other, between two identical UIs, maybe there's a difference in a Windows setting?

There's essential no way this could be related to your EQ UI, as it's simply all graphics; there's no actual code going on in UIs. XML is just a text representation of graphics (for EQ's UI). The only two things users can do in EQ to window out (aside from alt+tabbing, or the windows key, etc.) are the "Release mouse cursor" hotkey, and the Guild URL webpage link in your guild window.

Which means, this is either a problem with EQ's coding, and only manifests itself on certain computers, or it's a problem with Windows or a Windows setting.

Enok
Haliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:26 PM   #8
Egras
A Lost Soul

Like I said. The wifes computer and mine are EXACTLY the same hardware and software. I use a networked image on the drives. If she loads it on hers, I get it too.

The ONLY difference is that she uses EgrasUI from like 2 months ago and I use the one I just posted.

I looked at a couple thigns, but havent found anything yet. I might update her UI files to mine and see if it happens again.
Egras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #9
Ironic
A Fire Beetle

This isn't specifically a UI problem, I don't think- it's an issue with whatever code change the SoE guys made to allow the Windows system cursor work as the EQ cursor when EQ is windowed. I never used to have a problem with windowing out (and I used to do it all the time), but right after that patch went live, I started having the problem.

Specifically, it seems like when EQ is made full-screen again after having been put into windowed mode, the Windows system cursor can see through to the Windows desktop. If you happen to click on screen in a place where there were no icons or windows on the desktop, you're fine. If, however, there's an icon buried on the Windows desktop behind the full-screen view of EQ, Explorer sees that click and get focus, causing EQ to minimize.

-aye
Ironic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:06 AM   #10
Minalcar
Premium Member

I, too, have this happen. It started right after I installed the latest Zonealarmpro upgrade so I assume that is the culprit.

Minalcar Inglorion -- Luclin(Veeshan)
Minalcar is offline   Reply With Quote