Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > SOE Corner
User Name
Password

Old 12-19-2003, 06:18 AM   #91
eirik13
A Fire Beetle

Server:
Unhappy Now what?

I noticed that there is no infomation on what they are doing to fix the problems or that they will agree there is a problem with anyother card besides the Radeon 9600. If someone has seen a post where they have plz point it out to me. Treatment like this could make one not want to play. Seems the Day of customer serivces is over.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:38 AM   #92
dantilus
A Bat

Default Targetting ring

Hello,

Based on a post on EQLive tech support site, they seem to have a fix for ATI Radeon 9600Pro cards as well as probably others. If You havent tried this yet you may want to if you are having the previously mentioned problems.

Patch the Test Files by running TestEverQuest.exe - Allow it to download the file "eqgfx_dx8.dll" then you can cancel the patcher if you want.

Browse to your Everquest folder, usually C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest, find the file named "eqgfx_dx8.dll" and Right click and choose Copy. Paste that file somewhere you can find it easily, because atm the Live patcher overwrites it with a older non-functioning for ATI Radeon cards version. Keep both Folder windows open for the next step.

Run your Live everquest and allow the patcher to run. When It completes copy the eqgfx_dx8.dll that you saved in the past step BACK into the C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest folder and choose to Overwrite the existing folder.

Now choose Play and go check out that Targetting Window.

Just some information - I am running a 2.0ghz AMD XP+, 1gb PC3500 Ram, and ATI Radeon 9600Pro in 8X Agp, DirectX 9.0B, and one version Previous for ATI drivers and the targetting ring works fine for me now.

~Sipheren Twistedtail (Vazaelle)
dantilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 02:45 PM   #93
stinkywolfy
A Bat

Default How to make ring work ?

How do i get the ring to work with an Intell i810e chipset ?
Old 02-10-2004, 08:18 PM   #94
Zdac
A Fire Beetle

Roger says:
Quote:
1) Target Indicator is not going to work with these Video Cards: (All Unsupported with EQ)

A) ATI Rage Pro
B) Intel Onboard (828**)
C) Rage Mobility (Laptop)
D) TnT2

I'm sure that I'm missing a few, but you can find a complete list of supported video cards HERE

I must be missing something very simple here. TnT2 is listed as one that will not work and unsupported. BUT, when I click the link to view supported cards on the SOE website, it lists the TnT2 card.

Obviously, my target ring will not work or I wouldn't care. Anyone care to point out the obvious to me please?
Zdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 10:31 AM   #95
lost_Wolf
A Bat

Well at least I know its not going to work with my Ltop, but if my Ltop (A Sony PCG-GRX570, P-4 1.6Ghz 500Mb RAM, ATI Mobility) Isn't supported my Sony's Everquest game why did Sony bundle it with the Laptop? That seems a bit odd to me.

Psyzing
65 Paladin of Tunare
lost_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 01:50 PM   #96
Zensthoth
A Bat

Default 3D Analyze

Quote:
Originally posted by Karn
Can anyone confirm that
"The solution for me was to use the 3D Analyze utility (http://www.tommti-systems.com)"
works?

Because the 2 ppl posting that have 1 and 2 post count and someone said it has spyware... So wondering if it is someone trying to get people to download a trojan to get account info or something and if so please ban / delete the posts...

I just downloaded it but i am reluctant to use it....

I just used it to make the targeting ring on my mobility card. just because someone dosnt have many posts dosnt mean they dont know what they are talking about, also just because someone has 3000+ posts dosnt mean you should trust them. if you think the file is a virus use a virus scanner like mcafee or nortans, or if you are cheap use a free one like Trend Micro. as for spyware I just install whatever damned the spyware and run adaware nightly to do an anual cookie clean along with spyware checkk make sure I havent picked up any, though I am paranoid and you can probaly run it just after you install something.
Zensthoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2004, 06:35 PM   #97
Pikasina
A Fire Beetle

Server: Xegony
Send a message via Yahoo to Pikasina
Default Re: 98-ME Vs. XP ?

Quote:
Originally posted by ChandonMT

If anyone has seen the target rings work on an ATI card using WindowsXP, please post here [/B]

I run Windows XP Home and use a Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb and I have no trouble with the target ring.
Pikasina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 03:34 PM   #98
Jentraal
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Luclin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Jentraal
Default DX9 on test makes the ring work for me!

OMG!

FINALLY the target ring works for me. I loaded up test to see if DX9 would fix my target ring woes and sure enough, IT DID! I'm so happy!

Thanks Sony for fixing it... eventually. I was hoping you would come through. Now I just have to wait for DX9 to go live... hehe

Jentraal Squishypants - 70 ROG - 598 AA
Jentraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 04:12 PM   #99
Mutley
An Icepaw Kobold

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just thought I'd post that the target ring now works perfectly on my 2nd box that has an onboard SiS video chip. It's been working since the new graphic engine patch.

I was one of many that had it showing incorectly way out in the distance and vertical to the world. SoE insisted there's no way for the 3D targeting ring to work at all on any onboard video chip.

But it does and it works perfect now.
Mutley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:20 AM   #100
canov
A Gray Wolf

Server: Erollisi Marr

Thanks for info
Old 08-03-2004, 10:29 AM   #101
halcyonforever
A Fire Beetle

Server: Povar
Send a message via ICQ to halcyonforever Send a message via AIM to halcyonforever Send a message via Yahoo to halcyonforever
Default Ati Rage Mobility

Our school laptops had this video card and the targeting ring worked fine... but no matter they swapped those out for dells with ATI 9800's but just FYI it was working.
halcyonforever is offline   Reply With Quote