blackhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 01:15 PM   #17
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Default Re: ROFL

Quote:
Originally posted by grottel
The cover graphic for the Ruins of Kunark box was touched up to show FV's nipples.
No other views of that same graphic either in-game or on the manual show that touch-up.

My two kunark box's purchased the day it was released show no nipples
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 02:08 PM   #18
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

Server: erollisi marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to tadashya Send a message via AIM to tadashya

ahahah... ok I tried like heck to stay away from this thread but the airbrushed nipple discussion just drug me in. just spent two weeks working on a barbarian female character portrait ... her nipples have not been airbrushed out

Woodelves and half elves run around in thongs for goodness sakes. The high elf dominatrix outfit.. *snicker* I am sorry but being probably one of the few "real life wimmins" that play this game I just have to say... LOL

Original Artwork by Tadashya my current favorite sig slice
tadashya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 10:49 PM   #19
Garryck
A Shissar Disciple

I'm going to push a little off-topic here and ask you all for your help as it seems there are a few fantasy art afficiandos amongst us.

I'm trying to find a certain painting that appeared in Heavy Metal Magazine circa 1990.

I believe it was the "centerfold" of an issue, and I also believe that it's a Royo although it's not shown at the above URL nor in the 2 Royo trading card sets I own.

The painting is of a young brunette woman with dark brown eyes. She's clad in black leather with a white shirt and behind her is an almost surreal scene of a techno-looking village on the banks of the bluest river you've ever seen, banked by the greenest grass you've ever seen.

The reason I remember this painting so well is her eyes. Those eyes show a hundred emotions and tell a thousand stories all at once. Truly compelling.

If anyone knows the name of this painting, the issue of Heavy Metal it was in or where I can grab it online I would much appreciate the info.

Thanks!
Garryck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 12:11 AM   #20
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

I couldnt picture what you were describing but then different works grab different people - see if anyone on this list jogs your memory.

all the major artwork in Heavy Metal from 1977-2001

http://www.helsinki.fi/~lakoma/comics/heavy_metal.html
Old 09-28-2002, 08:41 AM   #21
Garryck
A Shissar Disciple

Woot! Thank you, Tadashya!

I'm pretty sure it's "Home Sweet Home" by Varillo & Montana in the July 1990 issue. Sure can't find anything online on them but at least I have a detailed item to look for at the collectibles shops.

P.S. - I could have sworn it was a Royo painting but so many artists try to emulate him that to my untrained eye it's hard to tell the difference sometimes.
Garryck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 10:33 AM   #22
Kyria
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via ICQ to Kyria Send a message via AIM to Kyria

*cough* Back to the subject at hand...

Well as an amateur artist myself, I tend to paint more female characters than male. I don't find naked or nearly-naked women offensive unless they're bending over, fondling themselves or sprawled out in a chair with their hands between their legs. THAT is just nasty and if someone ELSE wants to see it, be my guest, just don't put it on my screen:P

I tend to paint my characters in sexy outfits whenever I can, and yes I've done nudes. I find that the less they're wearing, the more people tell me they enjoy them. Although I can't imagine why...

BTW, here is one I painted of my little druid, Maysun. I'm kind of curious if anyone finds something like this offensive. If so, I'll be sure to paint more *grin*
Kyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 10:59 AM   #23
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Pah, If only I were older. You all seem to be clued in to fantasy art sources much more than I; being only 15, it would be difficult for me to find any of this stuff back when it was around (maybe i'm just not looking in the right places?) since I was most likely under 10. Oi. What is this Heavy Metal Studios, and where can I find samples of their work?

I like fantasy art in general, but then, being fantasy, it implies that it contains the artist/audience's dreams, and usually, those include women in small bits of clothing. I don't have a problem with that. Kyria kind of nailed it on the head-- nude does not equal pr0n. Pron is attempting to be gratuitous and nasty, and I agree with her--art is ruined, in my opinion, when disgusting levels of sexuality are made the subject. Most fantasy artists don't do that, though.

Oh, and Kyria, that's a nice picture there, I'd be hard pressed to think of anyone who would really be offended by it, save the mother of a 6 year old, or something. It's tasteful and artistic, and it looks like you're quite good with cg/3d ^.^ Do you have an archive anywhere of your other work?
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 11:24 AM   #24
Excemus
A Gray Wolf

Server: Morell Thule
Send a message via AIM to Excemus

LOL. thats quite... out of place grottel.

and to the posts about waist sizes and breast sizes etc.. i like to think of my gnome as fat. kthx.

Magelo Profile
(Special thanks to t.king for the background to my sig)
Excemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 11:32 AM   #25
Gixxerryder
A Treant

Server: Rodcet Nife
Send a message via AIM to Gixxerryder
Default Add a Pic

So is there an easy way to add a pic to your spell book?? or a skinner that will do it well ? i like my Vert 1 spell book and dont want to give up its size or anything but it would be cool to have a spellbook with some personality (nudy pic)

Gixxerryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 12:26 PM   #26
tadashya
Pixel Pusher

mom of two 7 yrs old here... and there is a huge difference between that pic (the b/w nude w/the flowers) and pr0n.

my stuff has some nudity but its all tasteful.
Old 09-28-2002, 12:50 PM   #27
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Agreed fully. By "mother of a 6-year-old" I simply meant an example of a generic person...I'm not saying the person themself would be offended, they are mature and have their own lives ^.^ i'm just saying that they might no nessisarily want their kids to see it, yet. It all depends on the person, I suppose.

I agree that nudity is usually just fine, and tasteful, artistic nudity can be a lot more moving and powerful than an awkwardly-placed tree branch. Since it seems to me as though the topic is a moot point by now, why not use this thread to put up links to people's archives? Unless that's against the rules, or something. As long as there's no pr0n in it, of course

As for spellbooks, they aren't too difficult to edit--in most cases you can just slap on the image as long as it's the right size. The only semi-tricky part is getting it divided properly, because spellbooks are in four parts. However, I saw that someone had modded the spellbook file to only use one collaborated image, which would probably be much easier to edit. Good luck with that, at any rate!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 01:26 PM   #28
Kyria
A Fire Beetle

Send a message via ICQ to Kyria Send a message via AIM to Kyria

Quote:
Originally posted by Casanunda
Do you have an archive anywhere of your other work?

Well, as much as I'd like to say yes, right now it's all on my hard drive. I'm too poor and lazy to put together a nice gallery web page hehe.
Kyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 08:50 AM   #29
Allissiya
A Snow Cougar

Well Kyria if'n you wanna make a wizzy one I would love ya lol < not literally but you get the idea >

Allissiya

60 wizzy

Kinda like the girl on the horse in this Royo photo: see attached :
Allissiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 12:46 PM   #30
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Question Correct me if I'm wrong??

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyria
BTW, here is one I painted of my little druid, Maysun. I'm kind of curious if anyone finds something like this offensive. If so, I'll be sure to paint more *grin*

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your painting actually 3D Art (using 3D Software such as: Bryce, Poser, Painter, Photoshop) rather than a painting medium or is the electronic art classified now as a painting medium? (I'm strictly pen/pencil and paper artist myself).

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote