Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 05-30-2003, 07:49 AM   #1
sundanzkid2001
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: terris thule
Send a message via Yahoo to sundanzkid2001
Question I am Sure this Has been covered but ...

I only have a small question, I was wondering how do you all get multiple chat windows and have them only display certain info in them? I find it annoying to try and answer tells, group chats, and all when in a camp. If there is some combat is going on, I have to keep scrolling up and down. I have almost gotten killed that way and almost killed groupmates also. I appreiciate the help; and oh yeah remember, I have to follow K.I.S.S. as I dont program, its all greek to me. And again thanks in advance.

Guild Leader Coalition of Honor
Pathfinder of the 58th Season
terris thule server
sundanzkid2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 08:11 AM   #2
sunjenn
A Ghoul

This is a very easy if I am getting the question right. When in Everquest right click on the chat window you have and select new chat window. After that move the new window to where you want it and right click on that one and look for a filters option and select what chat you want to go where.
sunjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 10:22 AM   #3
Griffjag
A Fire Beetle

Talking

I did that last night but my second window would dispear after about 15 minutes how how I keep that from happening?

Thanks
Griffjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 03:28 PM   #4
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

couple of things
1) make sure the alpha/normal levels are set so it doesn't fade away on you.

2) make sure its not covered up by some other window

3) it may have "drifted" off screen due to zoning - this is a bug that they fixed so it may not be an issue anymore. If you dont think you closed it but can't find it, try making a new chat window. The new chat window will have a name like NEW CHAT 2 - you can use to this to figure out if you simply can't see the "missing" chat window or if you had accidently closed it.

4) NEVER EVER - CLOSE your extra chat windows. All the filtering goes back to your main window and you'll have to spend another 20 minutes setting it back up. Use the MINIMIZE if you mod has it on the chat window.

Be careful not to postion bags or other windows you might click on or over the chat window close button - it can lead to accidently closing it.

5) on your main chat - right click title bar and select ALWAYS CHAT HERE. it will make life easier.

6) use /CHATFONTSIZE to make the font smaller or bigger in the chat window you are TYPING in. NOTE - if you did number 5 above - you will have to undo it - then you can do this - then redo number 5 again.

7) change the Chat Window name by right clicking the title bar of the chat window
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 07:14 AM   #5
sundanzkid2001
A Tundra Mammoth

Server: terris thule
Send a message via Yahoo to sundanzkid2001
Smile re: help

Much thanks, I will give this all a try. I was very confused, and tired of trying to read all of this spam to get what i wanted for info. This site rules so besure and help Kundane out.
sundanzkid2001 is offline   Reply With Quote