Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > XML modification help.
User Name
Password

Old 11-16-2011, 11:40 PM   #16
lunasveil
A Ghoul

So is there a way once you do that is there a way to manipulate it graphically? See attached my old one. I have inventory clickies on one side and hotbuttons on the other with xp and aa bar progression on top and my stats in the center. I have the hotbuttons part working but the rest is nonexistent atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatil
Ok, I got some help from a dev and you can in fact do this without using tile layout boxes. Look below. All the items in bold italic were changes, that you HAVE to make for it to work right.

Code:
<HotButton item="HB_Button1"> <EQType>hotbutton/Bar 0/0</EQType> <Font>1</Font> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>2</X> <Y>20</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>37</CX> <CY>34</CY> </Size> <Text>1</Text> <TextColor> <R>255</R> <G>255</G> <B>255</B> </TextColor> <DecalSize> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </DecalSize> <SpellGem>HB_SpellGem</SpellGem> <InvSlot>HB_InvSlot</InvSlot> <ButtonDrawTemplate> <Normal>A_HotButton1Normal</Normal> <Pressed>A_HotButton1Pressed</Pressed> <Flyby>A_HotButton1Flyby</Flyby> <Disabled>A_HotButton1Disabled</Disabled> <PressedFlyby>A_HotButton1PressedFlyby</PressedFlyby> </ButtonDrawTemplate> </HotButton> <Screen item="HotButtonWnd"> <Pieces>HotButton:HB_Button1</Pieces>
lunasveil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #17
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasveil
So is there a way once you do that is there a way to manipulate it graphically? See attached my old one. I have inventory clickies on one side and hotbuttons on the other with xp and aa bar progression on top and my stats in the center. I have the hotbuttons part working but the rest is nonexistent atm

I got my hotbutton clickies to work so it should for sure be possible. I don't see your old one.
Darkmatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:37 AM   #18
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadath
Subscribing to this thread so I can see it when Dark's UI works, I can't live without the way it used to be =p Thanks for your hard work!

Kadath, can you give me the link of which one of my hotbars you used? I'll try to make that one of the first ones I fix.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:34 AM   #19
lunasveil
A Ghoul

You see on the right side there is an ammo slot allocation and then 4 bags that can be clicked open from that bar? Then in the center is my stats window? At present my hotbar is just a plain old default one. The cool gargoyles and everything is gone(seen below as "newhotbar"). It's fully functional and does all the new stuff but all my frills and bedazzle is gone

Quote:
I got my hotbutton clickies to work so it should for sure be possible. I don't see your old one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brokenhotbar.jpg (59.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg newhotbar.jpg (18.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 11-17-2011, 04:40 AM   #20
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasveil
You see on the right side there is an ammo slot allocation and then 4 bags that can be clicked open from that bar? Then in the center is my stats window? At present my hotbar is just a plain old default one. The cool gargoyles and everything is gone(seen below as "newhotbar"). It's fully functional and does all the new stuff but all my frills and bedazzle is gone

It should be possible to get them to show like that, it's probably just something you have coded wrong.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:01 AM   #21
lunasveil
A Ghoul

Yes I am certain that I did. The day of expansion release I logged in to find that my entire hotbar was totally disabled. I couldn't do a thing with it and none of my hotbuttons were showing. I spent between the 15th at 7pm and this afternoon trying to figure it out and finally just had a very quiet primal scream moment in my head and just patched over the default to my custom losing all the cool stuff but at least I could go out and xp

I have a friend who has helped me patch my UI in the past and has taught me some stuff as well as some hands on learning I've done myself with WinMerge and some reading online. I couldn't find a thing about this anywhere and my friend doesn't have any idea how to do it either. So I am very much sort of flying by the seat of my pants here and at present my best idea is creating another hotbar, assigning my ammo slot and 4 bags as the items for that spot and recreating the stats window graphic and graphical frame of the bar itself.

I am fairly certain that won't work at all but do not know what else to do. My MO in the past with xml has been if I know what part does what I can figure things out. Like I learned about positioning bag slots with the X and Y coordinates etc...

The other thing I considered as a possibility was simply figuring how what the name of the graphics file is and patching it into the new hotbuttons window xml?

Anyone have suggestions for a good starting point?
Old 11-17-2011, 08:31 PM   #22
kadath
A Treant

Quote:
Kadath, can you give me the link of which one of my hotbars you used? I'll try to make that one of the first ones I fix.

Any of em would be fine, I only use the first of the 4 bars really. But this one would be best I guess:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4252
kadath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #23
Darkmatil
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadath
Any of em would be fine, I only use the first of the 4 bars really. But this one would be best I guess:
http://www.eqinterface.com/download...nfo.php?id=4252

It has now been updated.