Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Pre-Beta
User Name
Password

Old 11-19-2004, 04:24 PM   #1
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Druzzil Ro, The Nameless
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel
Default Low profile UI

At the request of a friend who is not big on windows she cant use in her ui i decided to start work on a fairly low profile ui that i think gets the job done
. Its close to completion short of a few small tweaks and one major hassle( to me anyway) that i cant seem to resolve which is reposition the animation for the flashing autoattack box to the middle of a much larger player window.

Other then that its rdy to go .. heres a pic .. feel free to add comments or suggestions.

Old 11-19-2004, 06:32 PM   #2
Qassack
A Treant

Very nice, compact looking UI. Only thing I would add is, your healthbar at the top of the group health bars. Much easier looking in one spot for everyone's health including your own. I play a cleric as my main character and this is always the key to a UI for me.
Caelum Infinitum
Qassack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 02:50 AM   #3
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Send a message via ICQ to Teneniel Send a message via AIM to Teneniel Send a message via MSN to Teneniel Send a message via Yahoo to Teneniel

Thanks for the reply. And i had not previously considered that. Will take some tweaking to see if i can get it to fit with the window arrangements. Will post some more pictures when i get it done

Thanks again for the feedback =)
Teneniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 04:31 AM   #4
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Heres an updated pic of the ui in progress.

Changes include:
Horizontal pet window
Redesigned Music player window
Player health added to the group window
General aligning and tweaking of labels

Still in progress:

Relocating the auto-attack animation to the center of the bottom window (player window). Still havent found where this is done but im hunting =)

Id also like to take the time to thank all the people who have offered to test this ui for me. As of the moment im not taking on any additional testers. When i get the major bugs ironed out ill be posting this on a private website and will contact those who have shown an interest in testing Via pm's. Follwing that test i will post here for the general public.

Thanks again for the words of encouragement.

Sharu

Low Profile UI
Old 12-05-2004, 12:05 AM   #5
faralan
A Gray Wolf

Server: sol ro

Very nice looking i can see myself using this possibly if its cut for 1024 screens, with a few modifications to swap in some pieces like numbered vertical buff windows i spent so long modifying.
faralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 04:17 AM   #6
Teneniel
Enhanced Imperial Golem

As of this time i dont have plans to make it for a smaller screen size. I had considered for some time makling more flexible UI's similar to the WoW interface by Drakah. But every time i attempt to design one like that i end up linking the windows and making a HUD style. My other current issue aside from lack of time needed to make more UI's is i tend not to want to redesign something ive already made unless its broken, i get some what attached to them.

I am however planning with a friend a new interface to be much more flexible and capable of working in both large and small resolutions. My friends intervention was sort of necessary based on the reasons i gave above =P

I will be posting preliminary screen shots under a new beta title as soon as i have enough worth showing. It will be relying on multi use windows as well as mods to some windows not normally adjusted to maximize space and flexibility. I must say however that it will be several weeks before anything is ready for posting.

Sorry to dissapoint, though i hope that our forthcoming ui will address so many of the private messages ive recieved about smaller resolution friendly ui's =)

Happy Hunting
Sharu
Old 12-05-2004, 11:41 AM   #7
faralan
A Gray Wolf

Server: sol ro

thanks for the update will keep an eye ou tfor the upcoming one. for now im working with a modified one that bikther and many others including myself have coded or modified.

here is what it looks like at the moment.

modified compilation UI.
faralan is offline   Reply With Quote