Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 11-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #1
SmileyFAAce_

Default Someone please help.. I cant play EQ.. no play option in loading screen

I just got a 90 day game card.. Clicked EQ icon on desktop... EverQuest LaunchPad starts.. downloading... then nothing.. No play button ..
How do I play ? It's now Sunday.. Lastnight at 10 pm I had this issue.. the petition via station.sony.com is not answered yet lol.
No live chat support or email on the weekends.. nothing.
There was this update textures button.. that was irreversible.. ( no clue what thats for ).. but I even tried to do that. no luck.
The window itself is pretty small, some text is VERY TINY. I tried to click on areas not text'd to see if that worked.. nothing..

LaunchPad shows :
EverQuest-under that is text
"cancel" VERY TINY.. then under that is
Updating - then under that is again VERY TINY text:
Updating files ....... then under that is
Time estimate. ... then under that is
updating / downloading progress bar. then
My Account.. then under that is
Game Options then under that is
Prefernces then under that is
Purchace Expansions .then under that is two tabs..
Full Scan ... Update Log.
~~~ Thats it..
Moving to the right side of the window is patch notes.. Under patch notes is a check box for Auto Play.. which is checked. And tried to press.. nothing.
After the scan/updating files, the VERY TINY " Cancel " has changed to Downloaded. The Updating button under that still says Updating.
This I believe is my problem.. Usually in the past the Updating button changes to "PLAY"..
I don't have a choice to play .. How can I play .. I just wanted a bone mask and to do some updating UI files.
Someone please help.

PS, the eqinterface site time is not updated This was posted at @10:12am
Old 11-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyFAAce_
I just got a 90 day game card.. Clicked EQ icon on desktop... EverQuest LaunchPad starts.. downloading... then nothing.. No play button ..
How do I play ? It's now Sunday.. Lastnight at 10 pm I had this issue.. the petition via station.sony.com is not answered yet lol.
No live chat support or email on the weekends.. nothing.
There was this update textures button.. that was irreversible.. ( no clue what thats for ).. but I even tried to do that. no luck.
The window itself is pretty small, some text is VERY TINY. I tried to click on areas not text'd to see if that worked.. nothing..

LaunchPad shows :
EverQuest-under that is text
"cancel" VERY TINY.. then under that is
Updating - then under that is again VERY TINY text:
Updating files ....... then under that is
Time estimate. ... then under that is
updating / downloading progress bar. then
My Account.. then under that is
Game Options then under that is
Prefernces then under that is
Purchace Expansions .then under that is two tabs..
Full Scan ... Update Log.
~~~ Thats it..
Moving to the right side of the window is patch notes.. Under patch notes is a check box for Auto Play.. which is checked. And tried to press.. nothing.
After the scan/updating files, the VERY TINY " Cancel " has changed to Downloaded. The Updating button under that still says Updating.
This I believe is my problem.. Usually in the past the Updating button changes to "PLAY"..
I don't have a choice to play .. How can I play .. I just wanted a bone mask and to do some updating UI files.
Someone please help.

PS, the eqinterface site time is not updated This was posted at @10:12am

Are you running vista?? i had that problem first time running under vista.. start as administrator fixed it for me
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #3
SmileyFAAce_

Windows xp .. sp2..And thank you for replying .Im the "owner" I dont have another option to start with. no admin.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #4
Glukk
A Fire Beetle

Go in to your Everquest Folder and Double click Everquest.exe and let it Load Like that 1 time --- Camp out and Try it With the Shortcut -- Might help ???
Glukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:10 PM   #5
Silverraider
Premium Member

I had that same issue. You have to use the Launch pad to get EQ1 to work. I tried everything. I even uninstalled it and it did not fix it. When I used the new launch pad it has worked and I have not had any problems yet.
Silverraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #6
SmileyFAAce_

Default will try .

I'll try those two advices... but, I'm confused.. "new launchpad? vs old launchpad".. This looks new.. where can I find the " new launchpad"?.. As stated ... I clicked EQ icon.. it loaded the LaunchPad window../shrug. BUT will try the everquest.exe in the folder and camp out.. try that again by clicking that icon again .. THEN it may give me the " new launch pad "...
PS.. I don't have any spyware nor virus's.. just fyi.

Any other sugestions?.

Thank you all for replying so far.. I apreciate the help.. I CANT BELIEVE I still don't have a reply from my petition.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #7
seaxouri
A Hill Giant

Can you push the 'Download' button? .. the one that changes from 'Cancel' to 'Download'. This usually happens when you need to download a huge chunk of files.

Also, make sure you have the correct DirectX package installed.

This might be the latest, I don't really recall.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...&displaylang=en

Last edited by seaxouri : 11-04-2007 at 08:25 PM.
seaxouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
SmileyFAAce_

Default re:Go in to your Everquest Folder and Double click Everquest.exe

I did just exactly this.. and FYI.. it seems the new launchpad is loading when I did this.. anyway, after I turned off pc and restarted.. and clicked the exact same everquest.exe.. i get the load screen.. and input password.. then i get a window.. Error.. the operation timed out..

SmileyFAAce_

They still havnt done my petition .
I can push the cancel button.. er TINY NAME.. " cancel" when I do it stops the download.. I have walked away from the pc for hrs and it has stoped downloading.. but the button still says "updating". I am installing direct x files now.. since oct 07 is the last direct x.. Im sure i have the correct direct x files already but just not the very recent ones from oct.. ill try that ..

Thank you all again for replying.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #9
Silverraider
Premium Member

Its called Station Launcher and the URL for it is: Station Launcher
This is what I finaly had to Download to get EQ to run. It sounds like you are missing files that the Everquest.exe file is not picking up.
Silverraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:50 PM   #10
SmileyFAAce_

Sorry for late reply.. had company come over.. OK.. I installed Direct X.. latest version.. and it finally went to EverQuest LaunchPad again and doing some 5 min download.. see how it goes.. I will check the " Station Launcher ".

Again, Thank you all for replying and the help.. Ill post in a few mins what happens.

~~~~
Ok that didn't work after download the 5 min patch it still at a no PLAY option.
.. trying the Station Launcher now..

~~~~~
OK this is VERY new.. Never seen this window yet.. Wish me luck.

Last edited by SmileyFAAce_ : 11-04-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:04 PM   #11
kudilukudzu
Premium Member

Server: povar
Send a message via ICQ to kudilukudzu Send a message via AIM to kudilukudzu Send a message via MSN to kudilukudzu Send a message via Yahoo to kudilukudzu

apparently this is happening a lot since LoN went live - check in your eqclient.ini file for a line that says HardwareTnL - make sure it's TRUE.

my mom was having this problem this morning, and it had somehow gotten set to FALSE.
Ruritha Queenclaw, 72 Vah Shir Beastlord
Kamendae Namorlane, current trader mule

Universal Brotherhood, Povar
Lythra Amaranthus, 49 Wood Elf Druid
Kasya Earthspeaker, 35 Erudite Magician
Urasei, 14 Barbarian Shaman
Ukis, 14 Barbarian Berserker
kudilukudzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 11:34 PM   #12
SmileyFAAce_

Default Thank you Thank you Thank you :D

Station Launcher Worked.. and the New Direct X files installed..

Thank you Halelen, Glukk, Silverraider, Kudilukudzu and Seaxouri.

~~ THANK YOU all for your great help ~~

SmileyFAAce_ <----------- VERY HAPPY

SOON as I loged in friends are Hailing me.. )
Now.. to making my UI work. wish me luck:P I have alot to catch up on. Window resizing ect .. ( I guess :P )

Last edited by SmileyFAAce_ : 11-05-2007 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Thank you Thank you Thank you ...
Old 11-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #13
SmileyFAAce_

Default eqinterface.... thanks!

I just would like to say.. thanks to this site and the great folks that help others. If it wasn't for the great folks today and there replies on my problem.. I STILL would be stuck. I did not get my petition answered in 2 days now on the topic.. I had no CLUE about the way it works now.
Again.. thanks

SmileyFAAce_
Old 11-04-2007, 11:59 PM   #14
Halelen
Lord Doljonijiarnimorinar

Server: Povar
Default Anytime

No problem ..just trying to help a fellow modder out..i myself havent played for awhile and had a terrible time getting back on to fix my own mods so know the frustration you were feeling

Hal
Halelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #15
SmileyFAAce_

Default RE: I just got a 90 day game card.. Clicked EQ icon on desktop... EverQuest LaunchPad

Ready for this?...

Today, after playing eq for a bit lastnight, I click the everquest.exe in the everquest folder.. and BAM.. the Loading changed to PLAY after a scan of files ><

LOL
LOL
LOL

SmileyFAAce_
GO FIGURE!

Anyway, I'm playing:P.. Thanks again for all your help