Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Developer Discussion > General authoring help / discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-02-2005, 11:05 PM   #1
Dolby
Lord Dolby of Veeshan

Server: Veeshan
Default DoD Beta UI Changes - Author discussion

This thread is for interface author discussion about the DOD UI Changes posted. This is not a thread for interface users to ask if their UI is going to work.

The changes are really not too bad but I figured it would be good to have an official discussion thread.
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #2
Drakah
Skinning Guru

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Also note, these files are subject to change, but I am sure Dolby will be on top of that one, thanks Dolby!

By the way, for those SOE lurker devs...

What is with the pieces name tag system? This is going to be a problem I see already.

<Pieces>Listbox:ACP_ProgressionList</Pieces>
<Pieces>STMLbox:ACP_ProgressionInfo</Pieces>
<Pieces>VerticalLayoutBox:ACP_ProgressionLayout</Pieces>
<Pages>Page:IW_InvPage</Pages>
<Pages>Page:IW_EIPage</Pages>
<Pages>Page:IW_AltCharProgPage</Pages>

Shouldn't it be this? Or more importantly, can you alter it back to this?

<Pieces>ACP_ProgressionList</Pieces>
<Pieces>ACP_ProgressionInfo</Pieces>
<Pieces>ACP_ProgressionLayout</Pieces>
<Pages>IW_InvPage</Pages>
<Pages>IW_EIPage</Pages>
<Pages>IW_AltCharProgPage</Pages>

I do not want to have the problem again like we do currently of having a rough time altering the Atlas Map window, this is going to be another addition I can see. I feel bad for several Inventory mods that will have to bite the bullet, and Kuvasie, I have utmost sympathy for the work that is ahead of you on this one /comfort.

Thanks for the beta files though, very helpful

Drakah

shakahr.com
Remember...it is only a GAME
Drakah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 04:20 AM   #3
Tyga Saberclaw
A Gray Wolf

Well I'm glad to see SOE is not worried about keeping the new UI secret. Seemed silly.

I had modified my Vert UI with the now old style hotbuttons only to log in today and find it was all in vain. They are now back to the 10 slots and my original Vert loaded up fine. Just with the squawk about not compatable, /load default 1 blah blah, but it worked unmodified. I expect other UI's will load ok now too. The hotbutton change was the only thing breaking my UI. Now that it is back to "sorta" original it doesn't break and load default.
Tyga Saberclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:34 AM   #4
Kinada
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

The hotbuttons were broken because they changed the named of the actual buttons in the UI and so ALL old UIs would have needed to be changed. They have reverted it back so that it wont break UIs needlessly in that respect at least. I'm still hoping to get those other 2 hotbuttons, the idea grew on me and I like it now.

The inventory window will be interesting for some UIs, with Vert your just going to see a small lack of space for the information in those other 2 tabs. It will all be there but some longer stings will just get cut in the names and such, nothing to annoying.

There is a new windows though that I'd like some input on from other devs. EQUI_EQMainWnd.xml is the new button for their pulldown menu. While the button is there and the menu works for some strange reason the EQ graphic doesnt display in the window as it should. None of the files associated with this window are in any way modified by Vert so it should just work, I'm going ot have to play with it after I finish my work on the inventory window but was hoping to find out if anyone else had an issue with this new window and had any insight into what its malfuntion is.

Vert and Solaria users rest easy, I got ya covered. I'm in beta. I believe for us Hotbuttons and Inventory are our only major changes.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #5
Savok
On tour since '99

Server: Innoruuk forever!

The only issue I have with my Vert mod is the missing screnpiece MIZoneSelectWnd thats quoted in the EQUI.xml file:

Quote:
[Fri Sep 02 14:30:30 2005] ScreenPiece MIZoneSelectWnd referenced but not found in XML.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:23 PM   #6
Drakah
Skinning Guru

the devs say to bug that when in game, there has been a thread about it found HERE
Old 09-03-2005, 03:29 PM   #7
rjengel
A Shissar Disciple

Server: Fennin Ro
Send a message via Yahoo to rjengel
Default Semmingly Incoherent Babble

OK So they are going to be adding windows (which from what I see are going to end up making a few windows go the way of the merchant window - ie. no new changes) But the content in these new and added windows is suppse to help? I guess the poeple at SoE who are doing these UI modifications have never actually been to a site like this and looked over what Actual Skinners and Modders and doing to the code they let us play with. I don't know about alot of you, But I was in the process of working on a MAJOR revamp of my FORMAL FUNCTION and TranZ UI's as well as introducing a new UI AMERICAN-GOTHIC, but I don't really see any reason to release the new ones, until ater the BIG SCREW UP Patch, coming out what is it Next Friday the 16th or something close to it.... I guess what I am trying to say is, Modders have working so hard on keeping their individual UI's working, are just going to have to SPEND a crap load of time reworking alot of CODE, and in some cases graphics in order to make sure that their loyal following continues to use their UI rather than drift off to someone elses UI that looks simiular but works...
I dunno rant, rave, mumble, grunt, moan... Thats all I got to say on that...

Anyways, How is everyone doing other than the AWESOME news that we are going to be looking forward to a Crap Load of work....

Sincerely
RJENGEL

Last edited by rjengel : 09-03-2005 at 03:30 PM. Reason: because
rjengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 03:37 PM   #8
Drakah
Skinning Guru

I am just miffed about the Inventory window mess they did. That there just killed about 3 or so of my drawings that will now be scrapped till I get really bored.

Makes me wonder though why they never consolidated the Quest/Zone Instance/Aventure window/etc. etc. into 1 instead of having a gazillion windows to remember the hotkey shortcuts, not to mention the lack of imagination to create something really nice to use as a default (points at the competitor game interfaces).
Old 09-04-2005, 02:13 AM   #9
Turlo
Featured Artist

Featured Artist

This is making me nervous. I like to be on top of my stuff. My UI has been fairly stable for years (unless a specific window was changed). Now, with mandetory OT at work, and tons of stuff to do at home to put my own mind at ease, this is going to be one nerve wracking experience.

"Ah, but you HAVE heard of me."
Turlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #10
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

For me it's going to be relatively simple. The EQUI_Animations file isn't even changing.

1 Add a button to the Hotbuttons window... there's plenty of room between the other two buttons.
2 Add a button to the BigBank window... there's plenty of room right next to the done button.
3 Add tabs to the Inventory window... this is the nasty part. It's going to be a big ugly mess.

Yes there are a few other lines to cut and paste, but that's the gist of it.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:04 PM   #11
Drakah
Skinning Guru

... so far.
Old 09-04-2005, 04:25 PM   #12
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

inventory question, if anyone has been able to do it.... adding the tabs is not too hard... but the background.tga file seems to be not working now... I'm working on getting slayer and razor ready for launch day. and the inventory uses a background graphic. any help wold be appreciated. I know this is a new setup and will take time. Thanks in advance.
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 05:20 PM   #13
Drakah
Skinning Guru

That is one of the problems I am having as most of my cutomized background images were drawn with the graphics of boxes, etc. They would need to be redrawn blank, and then have the parts as separate sections within the inventory tab so that the other tabs have a clean background image.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:01 PM   #14
Weskat
A Tempest Toad

Server: Tunare - mostly retired

Kinda have to agree with Sylphan on this one. The big headache for me updating Translunwrap is definitely going to be the inventory window. Not even sure if the new page of info will fit in the "allotted" space as the inventory window has been cut down to only the essentials (Crystals, Reclaim, Auto-Equip, Money, Done, Skills and Tint) with everything else moved to a different window. Basically if it could move out of the inventory window it has.
Weskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 10:18 PM   #15
Kavrvnwlf
A Wooly Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah
That is one of the problems I am having as most of my cutomized background images were drawn with the graphics of boxes, etc. They would need to be redrawn blank, and then have the parts as separate sections within the inventory tab so that the other tabs have a clean background image.

ok am not a graphic person, please if possable, could you send me(or post here is it isn't lengthy) a way that i might be able to do this, if not unskilled, just havn't done much with messing with graphic files, thank you.
Kavrvnwlf is offline   Reply With Quote