Go Back   EQInterface Forums > Interface Gallery Discussion > Released
User Name
Password

Old 06-04-2004, 08:58 PM   #16
Rebaidah
An Icepaw Kobold

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

explorer 6.0, windows xp

I click on download link, takes me to page.
I get message "loading... please wait" but then page
stops, as if complete and nothing loads.
Rebaidah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 09:11 PM   #17
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebaidah
I get message "loading... please wait" but then page
stops, as if complete and nothing loads.

At this point, do you get a little yellow "warning" triangle in the lower left-hand corner (in the status bar)? Or is it just the regular blue-and-white IE icon?

EDIT: It sounds like it may be possible you don't have scripting enabled. In order for the configuration wizard to work, your browser must allow client-side JavaScript (this is usually enabled by default). To check if this is the case, go to Tools > Internet Options > Security. Then, for the Internet zone, make sure that Scripting > Active scripting is enabled.

Last edited by Arista : 06-04-2004 at 09:22 PM.
Arista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:33 PM   #18
Rebaidah
An Icepaw Kobold

no yellow triangle, and just checked security settings and scripting is enabled. Not sure why it's not working for me, prob something on my end but no clue what.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:46 PM   #19
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rebaidah
no yellow triangle, and just checked security settings and scripting is enabled. Not sure why it's not working for me, prob something on my end but no clue what.

Hmm, that does sound strange. If you're on a slower connection (like dial-up), then the configuration wizard may take a while to load and you may need to wait longer (until it says "Done" in the status bar). If that's not the case and it does say "Done" in your status bar, then your best bet for now would be to try it on a different computer if possible. Hopefully it will work for you then.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:50 PM   #20
Rebaidah
An Icepaw Kobold

heh, I have cable. I'll have to hop on boyfriends computer and give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 06-08-2004, 10:20 AM   #21
sirsnore_alot
A Gray Wolf

Server: Karana
Thumbs up

Would just like to say Keep up the good work Arista
sirsnore_alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 11:49 AM   #22
JGC84
A Snow Cougar

Server: Tribunal

didnt work for me till i turned off zonealarm pro
JGC84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:20 PM   #23
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Quote:
Originally posted by JGC84
didnt work for me till i turned off zonealarm pro

For others who may be running into the same issue while downloading:
It is likely that you have "block mime-type integrated objects" enabled, which is preventing the download from occurring. Quote from the the ZoneAlarm Pro online documentation: "For downloads initiated by you, it is safe to disable the Block mime-type integrated objects feature." This option can be found under the Mobile Code Control section of your options.

EDIT: Wanted to add: ZoneAlarm users who experience an issue with viewing the configuration wizard itself (instead of the actual download step) should make sure that "Block JavaScript" is not enabled in your settings (this option is disabled by default, so most ZoneAlarm users won't have this issue).

Last edited by Arista : 06-08-2004 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:06 PM   #24
kitabrightaxe
A Bat

Smile

Waited forever after making sure that I had all the known bugs fixed.. still sat for about an hour till I turned off Norton's security and tried again. Finally got it to work.

Great program!
kitabrightaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:29 PM   #25
drake2410
A Bat

Question Need help

Ok downloaded my timers unziped them and clicked on the instructuons icon and got a box about not having netscape so can some one help me with intstructions or do i got to download netscape?
drake2410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 04:53 PM   #26
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Re: Need help

Quote:
Originally posted by drake2410
Ok downloaded my timers unziped them and clicked on the instructuons icon and got a box about not having netscape so can some one help me with intstructions or do i got to download netscape?

No, you don't have to download or install another browser as long as you have already configured and downloaded the zipped package.

From the sound of things, you downloaded and unzipped the zip file (it should contain 4 files), and then double-clicked on the instructions file (HTML) to open it. Windows will try to open this file in your "default" browser. It is possible that Netscape was once set as your default browser but was then removed, that's why you get the error.

You can open the instructions file in any browser you already have. To open the HTML instructions file in whatever browser you want, just open a new browser window, then drag the instructions file into the browser window to open it. Or you can select File > Open from the browser menu and browse to the location where you saved the file.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:40 PM   #27
Rebaidah
An Icepaw Kobold

Quote:
Waited forever after making sure that I had all the known bugs fixed.. still sat for about an hour till I turned off Norton's security and tried again. Finally got it to work.

Thanks! that was the trick for me to. D/L one set last night, can't wait to play around with some more with the new features when I get a little more time.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #28
Arista
TimerMod Creator

Default Update for Norton users

Thanks to Rebaidah and kitabrightaxe for providing information about Norton Security. I downloaded a trial version of this to see what could be causing the issue; it turns out that Norton was preventing the browser from sending a header that my site was expecting.

I removed the check for this on my end, so now you can leave Norton Security enabled and still use the timer configuration wizard.

Thanks also to all who have responded with encouraging comments, they are much appreciated. Hope you are enjoying the new timers.
Old 06-12-2004, 11:30 AM   #29
Fyste
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Thumbs up

The original timers were great, these new ones are incredible! Beautiful and amazing... vertical timers too, nice addition!

Stuff gets better every time you change it, thank you for the work!

( My Interfaces ) ( RETIRED )
Fyste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 12:33 PM   #30
Starshelle
A Druid not a "Dr00d"

Server: Innoruuk

Arista thank you so much! I really love the work you've done with these new timers. I am however, very attached to the leafy background of one of your user submitted skins http://www.horizonsoutpost.com/eq/skins.asp as it fits perfectly with my druid theme. I was just curious if there were any plans to incoperate some of those skins with your new design, or would that depend on your users submitting them like last time?

I suspect it might be harder to add custom skins for these new ones because there are so many different customizations with the size and shape that you can do. The old ones were easier because the size and shape were pretty much set. Anyway I was just curious if there were any plans for this at all. Thanks again for your awesome work!
Starshelle is offline   Reply With Quote