Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 10-22-2002, 06:39 PM   #16
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by ReallyLongTypist
Then it seems to me you guys are more displeased with the UI than with the people...

Nope... for me just traders in the bazaar who are inaccessible to purchase from... grrr..

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:25 PM   #17
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Different conversation, Zant... although once I came back from AFK to find myself on top of a pillar... most irritating.
ReallyLongTypist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:50 PM   #18
Lady Silver
A Wooly Rhino

As for traders in odd places.... My husband will set up his trader in Front of a box (so *hopefully* his little dark elf won't get stuck IN someone cuz larger races cannot set up in front of boxes).... I'll bring in one of my chars to do a quick trade with him, only to see him sitting ON the box that, on his screen, is behind him. Having said that, I don't think it's always intentional that people attempt to trade from odd places. But, of course, I could be wrong. And it is highly irritating when they are inaccesible.

~Lady Silver
Lady Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 11:23 PM   #19
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Silver
As for traders in odd places.... My husband will set up his trader in Front of a box (so *hopefully* his little dark elf won't get stuck IN someone cuz larger races cannot set up in front of boxes).... I'll bring in one of my chars to do a quick trade with him, only to see him sitting ON the box that, on his screen, is behind him. Having said that, I don't think it's always intentional that people attempt to trade from odd places. But, of course, I could be wrong. And it is highly irritating when they are inaccesible.

~Lady Silver

Hmmm Point duly noted... I shall give those merchants a benefit of the doubt... Both thou, Lady Silver, and ReallyLongTypist hath truly humbled thee...

/bow

Zantaklawz
Old 10-23-2002, 05:07 AM   #20
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk

Quote:
Then it seems to me you guys are more displeased with the UI than with the people...

nope nope... it's the people setting the prices and making it all cluttered looking, not the bazaar browser... that's just an interface ROFL! much easier to read this type of thing:

100p
12000p
400p
350p

than this type of thing:

99p 9g 9s 9c
11999p 9g 9s 9c
399p 9g
349p 9p 9sp

(allowing for different variations on how peeps set prices there) now at a glance, honestly... which is easier to compare? =P the ui doesn't make it look like that, the peeps selling stuff do =P LOL either way, i'm still gonna peruse the bazaar for good deals anyhow... LOL just a little irritation to me nothing that really matters in the long run anyhow LOL honestly if it has that kind of price on it i just don't even bother looking at it so no big =P
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 10:06 AM   #21
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Well, personally, and I don't mean to sound rude, both of those are equally legible to me... but what I meant about 'irritation with the UI' is that the UI ought to do two things:

1. Provide seperate columns for the parts of the price to be seperated into: Pp, Gp, Sp and Cp.

2. Allow you to provide price upper and lower limits... thus solving a great deal of the problem.

Both of those would make it easier for those people having a hard time.
Old 10-23-2002, 10:30 AM   #22
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Question Ummm

Ummm just asking... you do know that if you click on price it sorts it from Higher to Lower price... then if you click it again it sorts it from Lowest to Highest price. I find that helps much better then at least you can see the progression... Im sure all of you knew this, but I thought I would just post it for those who may not.

Zantaklawz
Old 10-23-2002, 11:40 AM   #23
Tellgar
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Straight plat values are more easily compared... anyone that says different is either autistic, criminally insane, or both!

I straight out refuse to buy from anyone that sets a value in anything other than increments of 1 platinum piece, period. There's nothing wrong with the interface really, it's just the idiots that cause the clutter.

There are some real asses in the bazaar. You know the types... price fixers, scammers, beggars... and those people that just HAVE to climb on top of you when there are 2 empty 'stalls' to either side. A shame the 'Mens Public Restroom Theory' doesn't apply to the bazaar also.
Tellgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 12:12 PM   #24
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Default Yeah but...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tellgar
Straight plat values are more easily compared... anyone that says different is either autistic, criminally insane, or both!

It is more or less a guarantee way for them to get a sale. If someone is selling for 20 plat, and for them to get a sale they sell theirs for 19p 9g 9s 9c... Yes it does seem ludicrous, but it does work. There are some (I know not you) who actually are looking for the best deal and to be honest, if it sells for one copper less it is in theory a better deal. The cheapest items usually sells first. I myself search for the cheapest item around. It is the way economics works. Of course then there are those who totally overflate the prices, but if your the only one selling it, then the benefit lies on the seller. Buyer Beware!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tellgar
A shame the 'Mens Public Restroom Theory' doesn't apply to the bazaar also.

This is something I have to totally agree with... you sit in an open area all by yourself and suddenly your surrounded by 3 - 7 others. Especially if your in the back area that isn't heavily populated (ie near the arena or very back). Whats with that??

Zantaklawz
Old 10-23-2002, 01:09 PM   #25
grottel
Grimling Code Editor

Server: Xev

couple of responses here -
Quote:
Traders on standing on posts

First off - their head and name is hidden in the canopy. So I used to have a ball running around bazaar levitating these guys. The levitate had 2 results - first it would knock them off the pole and second it had small chance of taking them out of trader status. No doubt this is why levitating traders got nerfed. But why not just make the traders stay on the floor?

Regarding the pricing in Bazaar, the price column is actually centered. By providing non-zero values to the other coins, the price stands out more in the lis compared to the others since most of us scan and read left to right.
450p
425p
345p 5g 5s
400p
350p
However, I do agree that anything under a plat difference is just silly.
grottel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 01:46 PM   #26
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

The thing that most annoys me about the bazaar is when people just start spamming me with the eating/drinking messages. Really makes me angry because EVERY time I go there I get spammed with it. And I don't even know why. I mean they will all eat/drink eventually, you don't need to keep clicking. And then there are the people that HAVE to cast spells with huge spell particles, or bards always singing their songs. Then, about as bad as the spamming eating/drinking messages, is the /random spam. This one guy was sitting there next to me spamming everyone for no good reason. His only reason was "What else am I going to do?" I really hate people like that.
Kaenil Darkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:14 PM   #27
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

You could always shrink the chat box with the offended spam and that would prevent you from seeing it. As for the spells, turn off the particle effect for the time being... that might help... just some ideas.. But I do agree with your gripe about it though...

Zantaklawz
Old 10-23-2002, 02:45 PM   #28
Eldritch_goth
A Gray Wolf

Server: vazaelle
Send a message via Yahoo to Eldritch_goth
Unhappy What's a young tradeskiller to do?

Okay, heres the beef i have in the bazaar...

So I'm working on trying to raise my jewelcraft, which I guess is still kind of low for my level. Everyone keeps telling me i should sell the stuff at the bazaar to recoup the cash I invest in it. Good idea right? Wrong!

For starters, every time i tried, i'd end up getting burried under other traders (/tell get your @$$ off my head you stupid ogre!) or i'd get spammed with lvl 16's asking for stuff they shouldn't even be able to afford at their level ( Blah says, 'Don't you have any platinum jewelry? that silver stuff is crap' ). The end result is that my trader's satchel just became an expensive container to keep my stuff in the bank, and i sell squat. I end up having to take a loss by selling to a regular merchant for just under cost

And i agree, the 1199p 9g 9s 9c thing is annoying...if they are gonna be stupid and undercut by a small ammount, make it a whole plat instead of dealing with all that change

One last thing...the only good thing i can see (for me anyways) comming out of the way the bazaar is set up right now is that maybe competition will get so feirce that i can get a crude stein for 5p
32 Enchanter
Vazaelle
Eldritch_goth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 02:53 PM   #29
Kaenil Darkwolf
A Weathered Clockwork

Server: Tholuxe Paells

Quote:
For starters, every time i tried, i'd end up getting burried under other traders (/tell get your @$$ off my head you stupid ogre!)

THAT's the other thing I hate. I thought there was more but couldn't remember. Damn people. I use two different mules for bazaar, one on each server. Ones a dwarf and one is a dark elf. EVERY time I leave my computer on during an all nighter when I get back sure enough somebody's ass is all over my screen. I really wish I could cast grow/shrink outside of the group. I'd shrink everyone around me, then cast grow on myself. That'll teach the %$&*^#@ to block me out.
Kaenil Darkwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 02:46 AM   #30
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Shaman spell 'Group: Shrink' should theoretically be MGB'able.