Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Old 10-24-2002, 10:17 AM   #31
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Send a message via AIM to Zantaklawz Send a message via Yahoo to Zantaklawz
Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by ReallyLongTypist
Shaman spell 'Group: Shrink' should theoretically be MGB'able.

But doesn't any group spell require you to invite the individual in... otherwise it wont work.

Zantaklawz

Proud to be an at EQ Roleplayers! Join us and spread the word!

Come and sit for a while and listen to the Tales of Zantaklawz! Tell one! Tell all!
Zantaklawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 10:47 AM   #32
bryansworld
A Ghoul

MGB turns it into a AE is what i think he means...

anyway just dont try to get that "prime" spot, on veeshan it seems that 250 of the 400 people in the bazaar are trying to cram in the first 10 booths by each bank. Take a stroll over by the arena or stables and always find plenty of room
Old 10-24-2002, 01:52 PM   #33
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Server: Bristlebane, The Nameless, Xegony, Veeshan, Firiona Vie, Vallon Zek, and Venril Sathir
Smile Ahhh

Quote:
Originally posted by bryansworld
MGB turns it into a AE is what i think he means...

Ahhh many thanks...

/bow

Zantaklawz
Old 10-24-2002, 02:26 PM   #34
xguix
A Snow Griffin

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaenil Darkwolf
The thing that most annoys me about the bazaar is ...
... or bards always singing their songs...

Are you kiddin'? I love going from OOM to FM in under a minute when a bunch of bards gather up and give a concert of Replenishment lol!
Old 10-24-2002, 03:14 PM   #35
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

When I'm in the buyer mode, the thing that irritates me the most is the "commercials". Especially the outrageous ones: /ooc "Buy Item XYZ from me! Only 20K, cheapest in the Bazaar"
Guess what? If I've got 20K, I know what I'm going to buy and I'm going to be looking specifically for that item. That's why there's a search option in the first place. So on entering the bazaar ooc's and shout's are off. Too irritating for my tastes.

In Trader mode, it's always irritating to come back and find someone standing right in front of you. If I can't find an open spot for my mule, she doesn't go into trader. I don't go hijack someone else's spot.

Another frustrating thing to me is the price gouging. I'm all for using your skills to make a profit, but I've seen high-level mages selling some of the really nice summoned focus items for 500, even 1000pp. To me, that seems a bit outrageous for a No Rent item. Selling them is fine, in my opinion, but at a reasonable price, please. These items help tons in raids, etc., and take time and mana, so I don't expect them to be free, but some of the prices!

Okay /rant off
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 05:57 PM   #36
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

Melosa: regarding the mages selling high priced focus items...

Just buy them from mages sitting in Nexus...usually I offer a fair amount of pp, and they just summon them...
ReallyLongTypist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 07:19 PM   #37
Melosa
An Icepaw Kobold

Definitely. Mages are awesome (and very underestimated, in my opinion) and I would never want to cheat them out of their due. If I need an item summoned for me, I'm more than willing to pay for it, just as I would a port, or C3, or whatever. But 1K for an item that goes away after I log is silly. There are many other examples of that as well. I just keep hoping someone just accidentally added an extra zero to their price or something like that
Melosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 09:06 PM   #38
pheonixheart
A Treant

Server: Zebuxoruk

LOL or you gotta love coming back to your toon to find a rod of transvergence or however it's spelled floating on your cursor hehehe...

LOL speaking of shaman spells, today i saw a bear as a trader in the bazaar... cute admittedly, but, i wonder how many people his arse engulfed =P
pheonixheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 11:20 PM   #39
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Default Just decided to scan a few traders...

While waiting for my wife to find some of her items, I decided to scan a few traders for the hell of it, and my god! This one merchant (which I hope was just playing around) was selling items that were mega overpriced. She (as much as I would love to print the individuals name, but I won't for the sake I dont want this individual flamed by people) was selling the lowliest of items (though not as lowly as fishing grubs) spider silks for 30p a piece. Now I was thinking okay maybe a mistake? Well I searched more, a Ranged item Razor Fungus Claws (which I have seen sold for as high as 1p--must be rather common) and they were selling it for 50p! Okay I thought... kinda pricey.. once again a mistake maybe (other traders were selling it for, at the time, 5g). Then perusing even further, I saw a claw, so I checked it out... hmmm a Burynai Digmaster's Claw (rather common item seen a few of those in my travels) usually sells for about 3p a pop... nope.. she was selling it for 5,000! In fact all her items were not priced less (minus the spider silk and Razor fungus claws) 5,000! And most of them were common items... Leather Tunic was selling for 10,000.. now thats gutsy or just playing around...

Zantaklawz
Old 10-25-2002, 05:29 AM   #40
Lady Silver
A Wooly Rhino

One thing that does irk me is when I intentionally price something a little lower - a 50pp ring for about 35pp or something - in the hopes of both selling the darn thing as well as maybe giving someone who'd actually use it a little break.... only to see it being re-sold for 50pp by the person who bought it from me. Granted, he's gonna make the extra 15pp - but geez, at least give it to a different char! I made the ring cheaper because most people who can use a focus I aren't necessarily gonna wanna dish out 50p... if you're not a twink, that extra 15p means something. lol

Anyhow... the biggest problem is - it's people behind the pixels, which means all these things will never change. lol

~Lady Silver
Lady Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 08:38 AM   #41
jayzan777
A Treant

Server: Saryrn
Angry Item not in inventory!! SUX!

What I hate is when I find an item in the bazaar priced way lower, like 100pp for an 800pp item, but you can't buy it because they have too many items in their inventory. Most people don't realize that if they have 8 Trader's Satchels in their inventory full of items, only the first two bags are viewable from the Merchant Window!!! Grrrr!! The only way to get that item is to buy the trash in the way to get the stuff to scroll up. This is Verant's crappy coding again....

My 2cp worth..

P.S. I only carry 3 Trader Satchels because of this, and I put the trash in the bottom satchel so no-one has this problem with my stuff.
jayzan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 09:53 AM   #42
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Silver (chopped and edited by me)
One thing that does irk me is when I intentionally price something a little lower - a 50pp ring for about 35pp or something - only to see it being re-sold for 50pp by the person who bought it from me.

Without a doubt... that is rather irksome indeed. I have had that happened to me so far twice. I just started my trader and this green clad gnome comes up and buys three items of mine, so I decided to do a check on the individual (which I normally do when people talk to me.. Always like to 'consider' and '/who' the people I'm talking to). Only to find that the individual has taken up residence as a trader.. So I have my friend check him out and Lo and Behold he's selling the same product for 30p higher... The nerve...

Quote:
Anyhow... the biggest problem is - it's people behind the pixels, which means all these things will never change. lol

~Lady Silver

This could not have been said any better! Oopah!

Zantaklawz
Old 10-25-2002, 11:35 AM   #43
rajj
A Fire Beetle

Absolutely nothing wrong with buying and reselling cheap items. It is called capitalism. If it irks you, sell your items at market value.

In terms of these nitwits who sell items for 99p 9g 9s 9c, I make it a point not to buy from them unless their prices are MUCH lower than the next lowest price. I constantly destroy 100's of copper and silver when I get encumbered. Why do I need to save a copper on a purchase? It clutters up the screen and makes it annoying to read.
rajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 12:47 PM   #44
Zantaklawz
Manaetic Prototype IX

Quote:
Originally posted by rajj
In terms of these nitwits who sell items for 99p 9g 9s 9c

Ummm isnt that also Capitalism??
Old 10-25-2002, 02:23 PM   #45
ReallyLongTypist
A Snow Cougar

I only destroy copper and silver (and even gold) while hunting because there isn't a bank nearby. That isn't the case in the bazaar.
ReallyLongTypist is offline   Reply With Quote