Home Forum Downloads My Favorites Register FAQ

Go Back   EQInterface Forums > General Discussion > Help ! ? ! ?
User Name
Password

Old 05-31-2007, 09:22 AM   #1
Braylean
A Fire Beetle

Default Vista Help Plz

My wife just purchased a new Dell with enough power to even 2 box effectivly and we both use the latest version of Lodi dodi but she seems to have a problem and it doesn't seem to be related to any certain UI but rather all of them. Every time she leaves the game entirely and come's back she has to completly rearrange her UI. this is true so far with both the old and new EQ UI's and Lodi. We have reset all the permissions in the file to full access and tried a couple of other things and we have EQ running without having to click run as administrator now but this UI problem doesn't seem to want to go away. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Braylean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:59 AM   #2
Haradrim
A Fire Beetle

Have you tried Locking the UI components into place? (right click the component window and select the Lock function). I've had windows move around until I did this. What I would like to know is how to keep my buff icons from moving around when I get rebuffed after a death and zone!
Haradrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
fenrian1
A Shissar Defiler

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

hit /loadskin and make sure the "keep layout" button is depressed. It will revert to default locations everytime you load the game otherwise.
fenrian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:57 AM   #4
Braylean
A Fire Beetle

Actually I posted this same thread on the EQ forums and it got moved to tech support and they gave me the fix for it so ima paste it here for others that have this problem.

Nilbus_Tunare said: Look for a file called UI_charactername_server.ini and make sure it isn't marked as read only. That is the file that stores what UI you are using, where windows are placed, etc.

We discovered that of course there will be one of these files for each of your characters and for those that dont know these files will be in you main EQ directory and not in the UI folder. You have to do the same thing for every one of the characters.

Also while I am delving out advice, if any are having the problem of getting EQ to start from the desktop icon just go to my computer, c drive, program files, sony and then right click the EQ folder and set all the permissions in there to full control and that should fix your troubles or it did for her at least.
Braylean is offline   Reply With Quote